Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Bridal Outlet Baldoyle

• 05-08-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience here.

I ordered my dress and headpiece from the bridal outlet around April 20 just gone, my wedding is the 25th June next year, the women were lovely in the shop and I really enjoyed my experience there.

While I was there, I am extremely organised so I asked what needed to be put down for it to be ordered that day, I was told 30%, which I gave.

I then rang up today out of curiosity to find out in or around when my dress will be in, only to be told it hasn't been ordered yet and that I needed to be patient and wait for a phone call to let me know when it's in .

Does anyone know what their ordering policy is?

I was very disappointed with how rudely I was spoken to and how I was led to believe that my dress would be put on order that day and it still hasn't been ordered yet!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I ordered mine in there too.. ordered it in March.. Wedding is March next year.. also assumed my order had gone through already.

I'm surprised by that.

Edit: Just rang up and they said my order would definitely have gone through since it was ordered 5 months ago.

Odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

xzanti wrote: »
    I ordered mine in there too.. ordered it in March.. Wedding is March next year.. also assumed my order had gone through already.

I'm surprised by that.

Edit: Just rang up and they said my order would definitely have gone through since it was ordered 5 months ago.

Odd!

I was speaking to an English woman, I don't know if you got the same person?

All I wanted to know was when it was due in (in or around), like you I assumed it had been ordered, but that's not what I was told on the phone. I just wanted to know so I could have the money ready for them.

I'll ring back in the morning, hopefully get someone else to speak to.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Definitely an Irish lady I spoke to.. hopefully you'll get more info tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Dresses need to be ordered at a minimum of 6 months before a wedding, so the shop wouldn't really need to order it until December this year. If they're doing alterations you won't collect it until 2 weeks before the wedding, so they're right in what they say.

Of course they're lovely in there until they get your money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emariaomahony

Hi I was wondering are there any updates on this topic. Found a dress I loved from there but nervous of the cash only policy and the bad reviews. Just wish I could get the same dress elsewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 DollyDumDrops

Hi emariaomahony

Just wondering what did you do about ordering from the Bridal Outlet? I was there on Friday and think I have found my wedding dress but like yourself I can't get it elsewhere, I rang around Ireland this morning and no where else stocks it!

the cash only policy makes me nervous also!

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Hi I was wondering are there any updates on this topic. Found a dress I loved from there but nervous of the cash only policy and the bad reviews. Just wish I could get the same dress elsewhere!

Do you have wedding insurance?
    Hi emariaomahony

Just wondering what did you do about ordering from the Bridal Outlet? I was there on Friday and think I have found my wedding dress but like yourself I can't get it elsewhere, I rang around Ireland this morning and no where else stocks it!

the cash only policy makes me nervous also!

thanks

Do you have wedding insurance?? If not - GET SOME!!! Doesn't cost a lot, but should take some of the stress and worry out of wedding planning. In cases like this, it's vital.

Does the shop only take cash? Can they not take Visa Debit cards??

don't have wedding insurance but actually looking into it at the moment and getting some quotes, any recommendations where to go for it?

No as far as I'm aware its cash only, that's what the girl said to me on Friday so I don't think they will accept a visa debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭fits

We looked into wedding insurance before I put the deposit on my dress. The policies were vague enough but sounded like they only covered the dress when it is in your own possession. Based on that information, I just paid by credit card and took the hit on charges. (2.5%)

Hey,

I decided against the dress..the cash only policy really turned me off. Going back to dress hunting in the new year, alot of places get their new collections in then too. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Hey,

I decided against the dress..the cash only policy really turned me off. Going back to dress hunting in the new year, alot of places get their new collections in then too. Best of luck!

Thanks for your replies, I contacted the first shop I went to see if they stocked it, they don't stock it but will order it in for me so I can get it from there instead so delighted.

thanks all!

PS. have to say I thought the Bridal Outlet were great and two ladies I dealt with were really good so would have no other hesitations about getting dress there if it wasn't for the cash only policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Hey,

This would definitely be a red flag for me too and I would have thought for everybody else?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lauretta86

I was in here today and I had a horrible experience. I drove up from Limerick with my friend (also getting married) which I told the woman on the phone when i was asking for an appointment for us. When we arrived we were ignored for ten minutes until the lady goes oh you're the two friends I'm with someone now so have a look around. I told her I had written down some of the dresses I saw online and she proceeded to say she was with a client (during my time) so she'd come back to me. She then gave us clips to put on dresses. We were then waiting for a further 40 minutes which is ridiculous. She didn't help me find the dresses and even let a woman try on her fitting who came in after us. When she did finally get to us she barely helped us getting the dress on and stuck so many pins in me rushing around. The one dress I wanted to try on the zip wouldn't go up as it one size smaller and she basically said oh we'll just forget about that one as there's no mirrors in the changing area.If I hadn't drove up from Limerick I would've walked out. I've been to a few places and it was the worst experience! No apology or drinks were even offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

lauretta86 wrote: »
    I was in here today and I had a horrible experience................................................................................................No apology or drinks were even offered.

Did you give them a chance to apologise, meaning did you complain? What do you mean drinks? Alcoholic drinks? Do they serve drink on the premises?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,898 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Folks just a reminder that if you want to post a positive/negative review on a supplier, you must have either been an active member of the site for longer than 2 months, or have 20+ posts. More info in the Charter.

Advertisement