Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Ceremony & Reception Duo

• 11-11-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a male/female duo for a humanist ceremony and reception in the Carlow area?

Ideally something slightly different with a singer songwriter or folk/trad feel rather than the traditional church vocalist. Someone who gigs around pubs doing acoustic covers would be perfect.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

Have a look through churchmusic.ie and search through Carlow. I'm getting married myself next August and we wanted to book a fab singer from Cork but she wasn't available on our day and this is what she suggest we do. We found a lovely Galway based singer/guitarist through it. Good luck wit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

Great, will check it out but might not be what we ideally after.
    We're looking down the pub gigging singer/guitarist route thought than a traditional church singer. Open to other suggestions anyone has?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Try the Two Jacks. Very good. Photographed a wedding where they played at the venue pre meal, then where joined by a female vocalist for the dancing. The lady was fantastic in getting out on the dance floor and adding a buzz about the place.

almorris wrote: »
    Try the Two Jacks. Very good. Photographed a wedding where they played at the venue pre meal, then where joined by a female vocalist for the dancing. The lady was fantastic in getting out on the dance floor and adding a buzz about the place.

Sounds good, would you know where I could get their contact details?
    The only place I can find them mentioned is on your own website!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

www.facebook.com/homebrew.folk

these guys are excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Check out From Venus to Mars, absolutely brilliant, from north Wexford and willing to travel (they did our wedding in Co Waterford).

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

djb85 wrote: »
    Sounds good, would you know where I could get their contact details?
    The only place I can find them mentioned is on your own website!

http://www.jack2jack.net/trad.htm
    My apologies. I was sure they were named the Two Jacks.Must fix that on my website. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Something blue are a blues /jazz duo

xebec wrote: »
    Check out From Venus to Mars, absolutely brilliant, from north Wexford and willing to travel (they did our wedding in Co Waterford).

These look great, exactly what we're after! Based on an initial chat with them though I think they could be out of our budget unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

What kind of budget are you working with?

• Advertisement

What kind of budget are you working with?

Originally we were thinking €300/€400 but I think we would look to stretch this to €500 for the ceremony and drinks reception.

Something blue are in that budget FYI Waterford based and similar to Venus to Mars

Something blue are in that budget FYI Waterford based and similar to Venus to Mars

Is it these guys?
    www.somethingblueweb.com

No actually there must be two. They are on facebook as something blue acoustics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ciarancu

Try songbirds. A two piece based in Kildare.

you will find them on Facebook under songbirdsweddingmusic

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Macphaid

Hi guys, I've been looking at Stella Bass as a church and afternoon drinks singer. Can anyone recommend her?

Advertisement