Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Does anyone do this course and want to tell me about it?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Nope, cos im in Galway. You quoted my post, the least you could do it read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Business Computing and Digital Media-GMIT Galway

got my accommodation sorted today,so happy times ahead I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What happened here is I cut 343 posts out of the "My college course..." thread because I had the feeling either

1) People were not reading the OP and thought the thread was for saying what they had just accepted, or
    2) People were asking for information on obscure courses, on the very tiny chance that someone doing that obscure course would happen to be on the LC board, and happen to thread that thread, and happen to see their post.

And these posts were just making what could be a very helpful thread very long, very messy, and not very useful at all.

So for those in category 2, we now have this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 moonbeam9999

Business and French

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone going for Spatial Planning & Env. Management in DIT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Ally_ally

Hello!
    i'm going into first year of physics and astrophysics in UCC....does anyone have any info on the options?? is the extra physics module hard? apparently one of the computer science ones is boring...is it??! any information in general about the course would be appreciated! (but don't scare me too much by saying it's impossible!!)

ta!:D

eZe^ wrote: »
    Basic topics covered in first year;
    (Some are just introductions to said topic)

Classical Mechanics
    Special Relativity
    Thermodynamics
    Electromagnetism
    Contiuum Mechanics
    Quantum Mechanics
    Electromagnetism
    Quantum Statistics
    Atomic Physics
    Calculus and Analysis
    Math Modeling
    Math Software
    Linear Algebra

We also have a module where you study modern questions and topics in physics, we have done nuclear energy, introduction to microelectronics, astrophysics.

I haven't thought too much about jobs but one of my lecturers spoke about how physicists are basically required in most situations. He wrote up two black boards worth of areas that physicists can work. All quite interesting so Ill see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

I was just crawling through this thread when I came accross the most simple, yet important line I've read in a long time:
    You get one free degree from the state, dont waste it

+1, I can't stress how important it is to remember this, Make sure you do the right course, don't squander the chance of the FREE oppurtunity to study anything you want. If you fail, or chance courses, you have to pay fees for the number of years you were studying the other course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Does anyone do Social Science NUIM or UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone recommend an IT course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MnMs

nedward wrote: »
    In first Dentistry in Trinity at the moment, want to know about it, drop me a line

yu;re doing dentisry? i'm starting it in a few weeks...whats it like? hows the workload?:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭catrina101

has anyone done this course? or law and irish in UCC! any info would be appreciated! ;):cool::p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Graphic Design in CIT? They seem to have 2 courses for it which are almost the same :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Hey, anyone know anything about dn020, acturarial maths in ucd?

Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Is anyone doing 'Climate & Earth system Science' in UCD. It looks fairly interesting and I just wanted to know more about the course. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about it and what its like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 gerardoleary

info on quantity surveying courses anyone???:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

info on english media and cultural studies in IADT
    or arts in UCD please!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Does anybody know anything about Law and French,either in TCD or UCD?

Or the dual degree in UCD?

Or straight law in TCD or Law Plus in UL?

Also Dlí agus Gaeilge anywhere?

Any help will be so appreciated...cao forms coming soon!:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Anyone do Science Education in DCU and wish to talk to me about it? Over a month until I fill out the CAO and I decided to have a career makeover :rolleyes:

I've gone from wanting to be an aspiring journalist, and the next Vincent Hogan, to being the next nerdy Chemistry and Maths teacher. Really don't know why.

Let this thread die.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Anyone doing Music or Music with Arts down in Cork? Id love to hear more about it, Thanks :D

andyman wrote: »
    Why?

Because nobody is replying back or does the course...

creggy wrote: »

So? Doesn't mean this thread should die on it's arse. One of the most useful threads around here tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

creggy wrote: »
    This thread lives so that other threads don't have to be created/wrecked by off-topic posts.

This thread lives so that other threads don't have to be created/wrecked by off-topic posts.

I guess it keeps the forum clutter-free. Though, I still think the college kids couldn't be arsed to post here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Graphic Design in CIT? They seem to have 2 courses for it which are almost the same :confused:

http://modules.cit.ie/ go there and click on media communications :)

I do Multimedia so I don't really know about the graphic design courses...but people I know who do it love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Niamh-17 wrote: »
    Anyone doing Music or Music with Arts down in Cork? Id love to hear more about it, Thanks :D

Are you only applying to Cork? My sister did Music in UL and loved it, should be at least one of your choices imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Are you only applying to Cork? My sister did Music in UL and loved it, should be at least one of your choices imo.

What was the name of the course your sister did? I was looking into courses there, but just came across Tradition Irish music and dance course and that wouldnt really suit me as such, but i would love to go to UL as thats the nearest collage to me!

Thanks a million deise, iv just sent you a pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Oh I think it was the trad one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

anyone do engineering in either ucc or nuig .. im really caught between the two .. are they very much based on maths and physics ??? what are the hours like etc.. thanks

Advertisement