Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Ugh, if there is a need to play through tacked on multiplayer I'll be irked. I've managed to keep everyone alive until now, so I'll be disappoint if I can't keep the track record going in SP alone.

Also, kind of feel like starting a campaign to include a 'transgender Shepard' in any further sequels in the name of political correctness.

maybe a dlc where we discover shepard has struggled with colour blindness his entire life, brought to live with greyscale qte prompts

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Everything I hear about this game turns me off it a tiny bit more. No-one wanted that multiplayer at all, now to force people to play it to get the 'proper' ending? Bull****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

maybe a dlc where we discover shepard has struggled with colour blindness his entire life, brought to live with greyscale qte prompts

Or where Shepard has locked-in syndrome and can only communicate through telepathic Kinect inputs (which I believe the hardware is capable of). Or an update allowing sadomasochistic romances, as well as more socially frowned upon sexualities and an 'edgy' abortion subplot for femshep. And of course the DLC where Shepard refers to him/her/itself in the third person, has to do a full left rotation whenever he wants to turn right and has crippling space-pteromerhanophobia.

Homosexual intercourse is a step in the right direction. But not far enough!
    Interestingly enough - the Xbox360 version has a 94% critical rating, but only 43% public rating on metacritc (forgot to add that)

There's only one group of people worth ignoring more than the critics, and that's the general users of metacritic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Everything I hear about this game turns me off it a tiny bit more. No-one wanted that multiplayer at all, now to force people to play it to get the 'proper' ending? Bull****.
    I dunno. That's been in the back of my mind, and I'll wait to see myself whether that's actually the case. Review could be accurate wrt that bit, but it also could be a guy QQing because he didnt get the best ending.

Mass Effect 2 was really annoying in how basic and easy the gameplay was tbh (on the hardest level). Any indication of any sort of increased difficulty is good imo.

• I'm still going to buy this game - I've invested a lot of time into the past two games, through multiple playthroughs. If it weren't for that, I doubt I would. Everything I've heard, from the multiple DLCs and now the multiplayer thing kinda sour it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Mass Effect 2 was really annoying in how basic and easy the gameplay was tbh (on the hardest level). Any indication of any sort of increased difficulty is good imo.

I must be getting old then, i only just completed it on insanity a few days ago and parts of it were incredibly hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I must be getting old then, i only just completed it on insanity a few days ago and parts of it were incredibly hard!
    Dunno. I found ME1 the right level of challenge, and I'm not unusually good at fps games or anything. But a duck and auto-heal approach solved every situation in ME2 for me. I think at one point I had to run between different items of cover for a boss, but that was still easy. Perhaps it's more challenging with a different character spec. I was a soldier imported from ME1.

• Dunno. I found ME1 the right level of challenge, and I'm not unusually good at fps games or anything. But a duck and auto-heal approach solved every situation in ME2 for me. I think at one point I had to run between different items of cover for a boss, but that was still easy. Perhaps it's more challenging with a different character spec. I was a soldier imported from ME1.

I fully agree - the only time I found myself dying was when the controls would mess up for some reason Sheppard would be standing out of cover like a dullard. This whole ducking and recovering thing that a lot of games use now take a lot of the challenge out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jigz

Just checked again and HMV is now included in EA's list.

CE (xbox) is back for preoder again on their site for anyone looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just wondering, do I have to have Origin installed to play Mass Effect 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

danthefan wrote: »
    I think you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

danthefan wrote: »
    Probably, it is an EA game after all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I just bought a gaming PC a few weeks ago - will there be joypad support for ME3?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I just bought a gaming PC a few weeks ago - will there be joypad support for ME3?

Apparently there isn't. Mouse and keyboard, but no joypad iirc.

Kiith wrote: »
    Apparently there isn't. Mouse and keyboard, but no joypad iirc.

Correct, which I find really odd.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Em, will there be some kind of user mod patch to enable joypad support? That sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Yeah, I posted here about they're being no joypad support when the demo came out, that they confirmed it wouldn't be in the final game, and I was ridiculed.

Glad to know I'm not the only one bothered by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I usually don't pay a lot of attention to the user reviews on Metacritic, but the current backlash is... unnerving.

Ridiculous how many people give that much of a sh1t about a little gay action as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I usually don't pay a lot of attention to the user reviews on Metacritic, but the current backlash is... unnerving.

Ridiculous how many people give that much of a sh1t about a little gay action as well.
    Optional gay action at that (and even then it's just a bit of spooning ffs); I'm sure you could do a dozen playthroughs and avoid any homosexual romancing. En masse, gamers really are f*cking idiots tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Tis sad but true... Just surprised at how much homophobia is still out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I really enjoyed Jim Sterlins video from last week:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5413-Mass-Effect-3-A-Gay-Erotic-Love-Story
    you may have to enter your birthday but its worth it... in a kinda horrifying way.
    and this weeks too.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5433-Mass-Effect-3-And-The-Case-For-A-Gay-Shepard

• Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Good Question on ME 2's facebook at the moment asking what class you will be playing as first. Soldier is winning hands down with 4000+ votes with Vanguard (1800) and Infiltrator (1400) in 2nd and third. Gonna go with Infiltrator as it was a great class in the demo.

https://www.facebook.com/masseffect2

I'm a Vanguard myself. Original character was Soldier, but i enjoyed the mix of biotics and guns on my 2nd playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any idea how they'll handle the stats reset this time around? There was a kind of logic about having to build you character up from level 1 at the start of two. But unless they're going to use a similar kind of trope, it'll be weird to lose all your skills and perks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm a Vanguard myself. Original character was Soldier, but i enjoyed the mix of biotics and guns on my 2nd playthrough.

Started ME1 again with a new vanguard and he sucks in that, but in 2 it's good and from the demo in 3 as well.
    Any idea how they'll handle the stats reset this time around? There was a kind of logic about having to build you character up from level 1 at the start of two. But unless they're going to use a similar kind of trope, it'll be weird to lose all your skills and perks again.

You're out of practice from being behind a desk for too long.

Just because they call it level 1 does not mean it will feel like it ME2 level 1, you could still be a bad ass that is now capable of even more.

What ever level you were at the end of ME2, you'll be the same level in ME3. Level and skills carry over, though i'm fairly sure you'll get to respec your skill points early on. Cash and minerals from ME2 give you points to your total warfront score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Some players are reporting that their Shepard's appearance was reset in ME3: http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1220112p1.html

Hopefully they'll fix it quick!

If anyone, like me, doesn't have their old ME2 save, you can download some from here: http://www.masseffect2saves.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Mr. K wrote: »
    Some players are reporting that their Shepard's appearance was reset in ME3: http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1220112p1.html

Hopefully they'll fix it quick!
    http://kotaku.com/5890992/bioware-says-its-working-on-mass-effect-3-face-import-errors
    Apparantly they are

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So if MassEffect 3 is now an Origin-only affair, does the game still pick up saved games from the Steam version of #2? Whilst I figured on not getting this game 'cos of the DLC shenanigans, the lure of experiencing the last chapter in the story is pretty strong & I may buckle!

Advertisement