Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are we not supposed to know about ?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I theorised a possibile scenario based on what I have observed in the outback of Australia.

this is the Conspiracy theories forum, I offered a theory and my reasons for thinking there may have been a coverup/ongoing conspiracy to convince people of something else.

some people are interested in discussing these things with an open mind, this should be the place to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

I theorised a possibile scenario based on what I have observed in the outback of Australia.

But you didnt discuss, you said you had evidence of it, but wouldnt enter into conversation about it.

Volcano in my back garden. Discuss.

this was that thread
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055529412&page=11

I outlined the theory there, heres a recap for you.
    me wrote:
    Well Stonehenge IS a Building of some description

on that topic tho, as I have been dtiving around Australia I have come across 'Geographic Features' that looks suspiciously liek petrified cities,

the most interestin one that I have examined is out between Winton and Kynuna on the Matilda HWY, I've walked around this one and the proportions are right for it to be laid out like streets.

there are also a few rather suspect 'Pyramids' most people will be aware of the one near Gordanvale ( Between Cairns and Innisfail) but one of the most perfect ones I've seen was out at Selwyn (SW of Mount Isa, NE of Dajarra) it was like a large rectanglar type pyramid ( whats the word for a rectangular pyramindy thingy witha ridgeline) like a roof, but the proportions are almost perfect.

Bear in mind that this is the same place that has Lizards (yes actual small green lizards) which run around upright, and have legs hat fit undertheir bodies instead of out to one side (more birdlike) I have neer seen them anywhere else, evil little feckers with teeth and little arms, not like the normal type lizards you usually get round these parts. fast too, but next time I'm out that way I'll figure out a method of trappin a few.

are people so arrogant to think that we are the first humans ever to be clever?

Humans have existed as we are now, 'fully evolved' if you wish for over 250 thousand years.

we reach points of great zenith and then we slide back into the darkages, so yeah ancient nuclear weapons, or ships, quite possible.

if you open your mind to the possibility that your narrow little view of the world might not be quite as infallible as you believe then you might just start joining the dots and seeing the bigger picture
    me wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by King Mob View Post
    Or you know it could be natural processes.
    What evidence do you have that the was a nuclear war 250 -150 thousand year ago?
    tell ya what you explain to me how its a natural process, the old Terra Nullis fiction is finally being reexamined and it would seem that there may be something to more to these structures than the initial analysis would suggest, bear in mind that when most of these thing were being catalouged for the first time it would have destroyed the British claim to Australia if anyone could cast doubt on the Lien of Terra Nullis

Evidence, Hmm, well,

the dreamtime is about that old
    I've seen these things for meself and formed my own theories about them.

theres a lot of Yellowcake in the northern end of Australia

OH and

THE FCUKIN HUGE RED BARREN WASTELAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONTINENT

dried up inland sea me hole, if it was an inland sea we'd be findin more evidence of extinct marine life like coral and them big calcium deposits from all the dead fish, but instead we find the remains of megafauna like 6 foot tall Wombats and land crocs
    Originally Posted by Mahatma coat
    Well, as I drive around Australia more it seems more likely to me that there was a Nuclear war here probably 100 - 150 thousand years ago.
    Do you really believe that?
    me wrote:
    Seems highly likely TC

have you been over here?
    No I haven't. Cant see how it seems highly likely. Other than a vast expance, there doesn't appear to any other evidence. Any radioactive readings, or evidence of a past technological civilisation been dug up?

Edit: where did you pluck the dating from?
    Last edited by thecommander; 06-04-2009 at 08:45.
    Meglome wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mahatma coat View Post
    Well, as I drive around Australia more it seems more likely to me that there was a Nuclear war here probably 100 - 150 thousand years ago.

are people so arrogant to think that we are the first humans ever to be clever?

Humans have existed as we are now, 'fully evolved' if you wish for over 250 thousand years.

we reach points of great zenith and then we slide back into the darkages, so yeah ancient nuclear weapons, or ships, quite possible.
    Or we could ask you is it not arrogant to think you know more that most world experts in these fields?

There is no evidence of humans in Australia before forty thousands years ago. And even then no one can figure out exactly how they got there.

It's about accumulation of knowledge and better means of sharing it. Technology was lost when civilisations were wiped out as they had no mean other than person to person to share it.

Ireland didn't have a dark age like the rest of Europe and people are starting to believe the dark ages weren't quite as dark as we initially thought.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mahatma coat View Post
    if you open your mind to the possibility that your narrow little view of the world might not be quite as infallible as you believe then you might just start joining the dots and seeing the bigger picture
    I love a good story I really really do. But what's you're saying has basically zero evidence. We can find traces of animals from millions of years ago but nothing for this nuclear war. We can dream and speculate all we want, I mean many great scientific discoveries started this way. So open your mind, but if you want strangers to believe you then I'd imagine you'd need to prove it in some way.
    Is there any update on the 150,000 year ago nuclear war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

meglome wrote: »
    This came up regarding chemtrails specifically.But don't tell me to believe something as fact when you obviously have nothing to back it up.

To be fair he never even definitively stated it as fact. The thread isn't about chemtrails.
    espinolman wrote: »
    now if you are not hearing about it from the mass media this would indicate it might be something we are not supposed to know about , for example chemtrails

meglome wrote: »
    I don't think you're being fair here at all. If I stood in the street right now and I told people the earth is flat people would point and laugh, and rightly so IMO as it's patently ludicrous. However pointing and laughing is not allowed in here so other than a very small number of occasions posters views are respected,

small number of occasions?

excluding the OP 7 of the first 10 posts were mocking in nature.
    The fact that they exist perhaps?

They should have done a better job with that one
    Diogenes wrote: »
    Solent Green is made out of people!
    1. Harry Potter is documented.
    King Mob wrote: »
    You see, they let forums like this run because they get paid disinfo agents like you and me to tie up the conspiracy theorists with NWO traps like asking evidence and using logic.
    Oh, ok then. So they are real. Wait... no... I mean they're not real. Wait... what?
    Oops, I've said too much. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Ok i have edited the OP .

Just noticed this, so Meglome if I am wrong I apologise:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

this is the Conspiracy theories forum, I offered a theory and my reasons for thinking there may have been a coverup/ongoing conspiracy to convince people of something else.

some people are interested in discussing these things with an open mind, this should be the place to do that.

Unfortunately where you failed, is when people asked you explain what evidence you have to support your claim of a 150k year old nuclear war in Australia, you went stum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Side effects of vaccines , i think that is a ,not supposed to know about'!

The food products in our shops which have been genetically modified (altered) are not labeled as such , so there is something we are obviously not supposed to know about .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Side effects of vaccines , i think that is a ,not supposed to know about'!
    What side effects are these?
    And how do you know that there are side effects?

The food products in our shops which have been genetically modified (altered) are not labeled as such , so there is something we are obviously not supposed to know about .
    And again can you back up this statement and how do you know about it?

How do you know these things are being covered up rather not being true?

What side effects are these?
    And how do you know that there are side effects?
    Google 'side effects of vaccines' ok.

And again can you back up this statement and how do you know about it?

How do you know these things are being covered up rather not being true?

I have heard from the mainstream media that the foods which are genetically altered are not labelled as such in shops . Surely you have heard about this !

• Advertisement

Google 'side effects of vaccines' ok.
    I have and they are all backed up only with pseudoscience and ignorance.

I have heard from the mainstream media that the foods which are genetically altered are not labelled as such in shops . Surely you have heard about this , unless you are living on another planet !

And can you provide a link to this?

And more importantly with is this a problem?

I have and they are all backed up only with pseudoscience and ignorance.

And can you provide a link to this?

And more importantly with is this a problem?

No i am not going to look for a link now , and yes i have a problem with it , if i don't know which foods i am eating are genetically altered , well i don't like that at all , it makes me feel like a fcukin guinea pig , how dare they not tell us which foods are genetically altered .

No i am not going to look for a link now , and yes i have a problem with it , if i don't know which foods i am eating are genetically altered , well i don't like that at all , it makes me feel like a fcukin guinea pig , how dare they not tell us which foods are genetically altered .
    All foods are genetically altered on some level, we've been doing it for thousands of years.

Can you point out a single case of a person dying from GM foods?
    Can you point out a single illness in a person caused by GM foods?

Or is this just a unsupported belief the NWO is out to kill everyone?

All foods are genetically altered on some level, we've been doing it for thousands of years.

Can you point out a single case of a person dying from GM foods?
    Can you point out a single illness in a person caused by GM foods?

Or is this just a unsupported belief the NWO is out to kill everyone?

Now i did not say ' the NWO is out to kill everyone '

Yea what are GM foods about , well that is a whole separate subject , its about patanting nature , its about money and power , but its a different subject from what we are not supposed to know about , now it seems to me that we are not supposed to know which foods are GM in our shops and that it is planned that way and i don't think it is right .

The following was given to me by mysterious , so i have decided to put it in here because it seems to be material we are not supposed to know about.

<snip>

Now i did not say ' the NWO is out to kill everyone '

Yea what are GM foods about , well that is a whole separate subject , its about patanting nature , its about money and power , but its a different subject from what we are not supposed to know about , now it seems to me that we are not supposed to know which foods are GM in our shops and that it is planned that way and i don't think it is right .

No one is patenting nature. That's just silly.

I going to guess that you're completely ignoring the actual benefits of GM crops.

But tell why won't they tell which foods have GM components? What purpose does it serve?

But tell why won't they tell which foods have GM components? What purpose does it serve?
    As far as i know the reason they won't label them in the shops is because there are a lot of people like me who will not purchase them if they knew which ones are GM .

As far as i know the reason they won't label them in the shops is because there are a lot of people like me who will not purchase them if they knew which ones are GM .

And why wouldn't you buy them?

Why would it matter who bought them and who didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Well that makes sense, people are worried about GM foods, so manufacturers are not going to advertise the fact that their products are GM. It's pretty likely there's no legislation that requires you to label GM foods as such.

The only problem I have with GM is that most companies make them so that the plants can't reproduce, and every season you want to grow a GM crop you must buy the seeds again. That's just exploitative business, it's not the fault of the genetic modification itself.

Undergod wrote: »
    Well that makes sense, people are worried about GM foods, so manufacturers are not going to advertise the fact that their products are GM. It's pretty likely there's no legislation that requires you to label GM foods as such.

The only problem I have with GM is that most companies make them so that the plants can't reproduce, and every season you want to grow a GM crop you must buy the seeds again. That's just exploitative business, it's not the fault of the genetic modification itself.

The other thing is if they did make GM crops that did reproduce, environmentalists would be up in arms about how these crops could unbalance the eco system.
    Damned if they do, damn if they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

That's a fair point, would it be possible in theory to make these so they couldn't pollute natural strains? That should keep everyone happy.

Undergod wrote: »
    That's a fair point, would it be possible in theory to make these so they couldn't pollute natural strains? That should keep everyone happy.
    As far as I know that wouldn't happen in the first place. Given proper regulation of course.
    Doesn't mean certain environmentalist groups won't claim it anyway.
    <cough>Greenpeace<cough>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The following was given to me by mysterious , so i have decided to put it in here because it seems to be material we are not supposed to know about.

<snip>

When someone is banned their posting previliges are removed. What good is a ban if someone else posts on their behalf? Rhetorical.

Do it again and you will serve the same ban as Mysterious.

As far as I know that wouldn't happen in the first place. Given proper regulation of course.
    Doesn't mean certain environmentalist groups won't claim it anyway.
    <cough>Greenpeace<cough>

from the Wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_food_controversy
    Wiki wrote:
    There was also a report in Nature that Bt maize was contaminating maize in Mexico, its center of origin.[41] Nature later "concluded that the evidence available is not sufficient to justify the publication of the original paper."[42] A subsequent large-scale study, in 2005, failed to find any evidence of contamination in Oaxaca.[43] However, further researchs confirmed initial findings concerning contamination of natural maize by transgenic maize [44].

There is also a risk that for example, transgenic maize will crossbreed with wild grass variants, and that the Bt-gene will end up in a natural environment, retaining its toxicity. An event like this would have ecological implications, as well as increasing the risk of Bt resistance arising in the general herbivore population. However, there is no evidence of crossbreeding between maize and wild grasses.

In 2009 it was reported that 82,000 hectares (200,000 acres) of Bt corn in South Africa failed to produce seeds. Monsanto offered compensation and claims that the corn varieties affected were "insufficiently fertilised in the laboratory". Marian Mayet an environmental activitist and director of the Africa-centre for biosecurity in Johannesburg called for a government investigation and asserts that the biotechnology is at fault, "You cannot make a 'mistake' with three different varieties of corn".[45]

As of 2007, a new phenomenon called Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) is affecting bee hives all over North America, and elsewhere. Initial speculation on possible causes ranged from cell phone and pesticide use[46] to the use of Bt resistant transgenic crops.[47] The Mid-Atlantic Apiculture Research and Extension Consortium published a report on 2007-03-27 that found no evidence that pollen from Bt crops is adversely affecting bees. Several researchers in the US have since attributed CCD to a new virus, unrelated to Bt crops.[48]. The controversy, however, is not closed yet.

Advertisement