Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

a date for the soft release of the arcade version has been confirmed: Feb 18th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Any word on Baek? Is he cut?

Any word on Baek? Is he cut?

No confirmation. But there is a lot of evidence to suggest that he won't be in the game.

Baek was one of the returning T2 characters in T5 and DR. Other returning T2 chars like Bruce and Armor King have had some of their moves transferred to other chars in T7 like Bryan now having Bruce's b1+2, suggesting that neither him or Armor King will be in T7. I haven't seen Hwoarang use any of Baek's moves in his T7 incarnation, but Hwoarang has so many moves in command list that it's probably unnecessary to give him any of Baek's moves.

Baek is also one of the least used chars in Tag 2 as well, as he's pretty weak for how execution-heavy he is. Pretty much the polar opposite of Bob.

New info, from JDCR.

Devil Kazuya has a MID godfist.

Kazuya can turn devil when rage is activated and it will cost (?) rage to transform.

This new mid EWGF is -10 on block.

Transforming to Devil spends rage.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Macal wrote: »
    No confirmation..... I haven't seen Hwoarang use any of Baek's moves in his T7 incarnation, but Hwoarang has so many moves in command list that it's probably unnecessary to give him any of Baek's moves.
    In the latest trailer Hwo uses Baek's f+3.
    It's been speculated that it's a replacement for Hwo's current LFS b+3.

Also,
    Considering Harada was speaking recently about how the Koreans didn't want a new female but rather a handsome male instead...
    I'd say it's a safe bet that Baek's axed for T7

Mid EWGF's?!
    :wow:
    And just when gussy was coming to terms with their tracking from dash... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

But if it's -10 on block it's nothing special really. I wonder what the push back is like? I guess the only advantage it has is been i12-13 (forget). Overall sounds pretty average I think, more reasons to no duck a WD mixup.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Please keep us updated on any further Lucky Chloe news please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

When I first heard of mid EWGF, I thought it was gonna be +5 and I was like "wat"

But it's -10 and only Devil Kaz has it and he has to spend rage to transform AND he's almost dead anyway.

So it's ok to me, I just wanna see what pushback it has though.

If it's crappy pushback I imagine most Kaz players will just do ff3 as their WD mixup.

Well with mid EWGF, they'll be able to do DEWGF to catch SSL~db which avoids HS and ff3 so it has a benefit at least, but I don't see Devil Form being used much.

• Advertisement

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/storage/__20.jpg

All the new char renders

A bit disappointed on the lack of costume changes.

Also, what the **** is up with Feng's right leg?

I totally agree! I don't see anything wrong with Feng though?

I think he's meant to be doing his Shifting Clouds stance. His leg just looks kind of weird, like it's partially detached from his hip.

His face is also unusually more handsome than is the norm. Feng's normally a pretty ugly bastard.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Is that the whole cast for this game starting off? If that was the whole roster I might actually try to learn the game with such a smaller amount of matchups to learn. Plus...

Lucky Chloe.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Is that the whole cast for this game starting off? If that was the whole roster I might actually try to learn the game with such a smaller amount of matchups to learn. Plus...

Lucky Chloe.

The final arcade and console version will defo have more. But you can pretty learn off the chars now by looking at their Tag 2 incarnations. There's little changes to their core gameplay.

I actually wish that was all the characters, but I seriously doubt it...

The Tekken Crash stream is starting at the ungodly hour at 6am tommorow. But hey if you're one of those night owls, go watch it.

Macal wrote: »
    The Tekken Crash stream is starting at the ungodly hour at 6am tommorow. But hey if you're one of those night owls, go watch it.

Or early risers :o

My thoughts having watched the first part;

I'm excited. Just from watching from the Tekken Crash matches just now, there's seems to be more focus on neutral game since they took away get up and back roll floats, which is what I like.

The new mechanics don't seem to be affecting the core gameplay much, I saw the Koreans try to use the Rage Arts as hard reads and it only worked once out of five attempts. I saw little to no power crushes being used.

Ironically the least promoted of the new additions was used most, the backwalk. It looks pretty useful for mid-range spacing, and it does look smoother visually than just KBD, which is good for casual audiences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

Anyone know where I can watch the archives? Couldn't watch it live.

It seems like King and Kazuya are really strong. Also Lili is pretty close to her T6BR counterpart. DF3+4 looks to be mega annoying again lol.

omara95 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can watch the archives? Couldn't watch it live.

I have a link in the comments above.

It seems like King and Kazuya are really strong. Also Lili is pretty close to her T6BR counterpart. DF3+4 looks to be mega annoying again lol.

I was thinking the same thing. Chanel was originally going to use Alisa for the tourney but picked Lili instead, which is possibly suspect. Hao literally didn't do any juggles in the matches in he played which could mean T7 is just very neutral game-focus and/or they nerfed Feng's combo damage.

I don't think Hao was used to Feng's new kirimori move to go to for combos.

Chanel picked Lili because Alisa was banned, they didn't censor her chainsaws yet (which isn't allowed in korea for some reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Wait wut? Her chainsaws are censored outright, or just the act of them hitting other opponents/being used as weapons?

^ Wait wut? Her chainsaws are censored outright, or just the act of them hitting other opponents/being used as weapons?

Her chainsaws are banned and instead she uses laser swords, which is somehow ok with the South Korean government.

When you watch Korean matches with Alisa in them, you can see that the chainsaws are replaced with lasers or w/e.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb8Xy7ljpEc The new arcade intro. And it's sick.

• Advertisement

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/2/11/tekken-7-new-gameplay-images-of-shaheen.html Some screenshots of Shaheen and a bit of a description on his playstyle, as well as Lucky chloe's.

Advertisement