Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bluewolf wrote: »
    It is a wolf

RAY16-1281034174-FrySquintingCropped.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

It is a wolf

*squints* It looks a bit like... a My Little Pony?

*ducks and hides*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Found it on google
    and some furry stuff... :(
    ill try find another one when im back on computer.
    Just a little joke with my tagline too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

It is a wolf
    It hasn't changed for me, still a wolf that is blue. And I'm using my fone, so it's a teeny tiny wolf that is blue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I was 11 when my mam was the age i am now !!! So scary !!

6.5 years and my daughter will be the same age as me when I had her... So so scary...

However I'm now 31 and when my mother was 31 I was only 2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just back from the hen night, it was like being in Gavin and Stacey, only everyone was from North Galway and not Barry Island.

Such random, fun, lovely women. I spent most of the time laughing like a loon or dancing like a loon.

I have tomorrow off work too, yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My mooting memorial is going to be so crappy :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ye fussy people

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

At my age my parents were only together 2 years, not married for another 4 and didn't have me (the oldest) for another 16 years. I'm totally following that path!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Over in the boyfriends house now, I'm mad to watch Come Dine with me, but of course my boyfriend doesn't like CDWM, instead he prefers to watch football or play the Xbox *sigh*

Heading to my house soon for dinner, roast lamb, yum. Can't wait for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

When my mother was my age she was a mother of 4, and a city girl transplanted to the arse of nowhere. :eek:

In other news... we went and spent a fortune on baby stuff - buggy, car seat, isofix yokie, adaptors for buggy, rain cover, cot matteress, sheets, blankets etc. I was very restrained, only getting the important basic stuff and didnt go mad buying all the stuff that was making me go "Bawwww"

It felt soo weird to see my boyfriend test pushing a buggy in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Had a really nice day with friends at a farmers market, and then came home and made lovely bacon and turnip :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Nom, Chinese. The ultimate stressed food!

And I probably shouldn't be thinking along these lines but I can kinda afford to have it too, as I've lost a few pounds over the last couple of weeks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

this weekend was disasterous for me to do work!!

anytime i tried to do work ive watched a movie or went for coffee or a quiet alcoholic beverage!! :o

Ive watched:
    • The Mask
    • The Wind that Shakes the Barley
    • Finding Nemo
    • Donnie Darko
    • Trainspotting

i need to do work tonight....i have to!!! its due tomorrow!!!

Just had an aero orange washed down with piping hot tea, nom.

Going home soon for dinner, cannot wait :D

Thinking of cooking dinner next weekend and doing this for dessert. Hopefully it'll turn out nice if I get to make it :)

Love cooking and baking :D

brought doggy for second walk
    happy doggy, tired me!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

went for a drive earlier with the parents and stopped at this touristy castle/restaurant thingy, and this little guy was there, I wanted to keep him and bring him home, lookadehorsey!

2lt33q1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Has anyone tried the new swirl Ben and jerrys. Tried the fudge brownie one. Omg disgusting! If anyone has ever had special brownies it tastes exactly like that! Urgh!

start typing address into google maps

google maps gives me a suggestion to save me typing the rest, which is correct, great
    select the suggestion

"We could not understand the location..."

what the fcuk were you suggesting it for, then?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Finally got my lip piercing, after ages of talking about it. :D

having an amazing weekend with my girlfriend :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

krudler wrote: »
    went for a drive earlier with the parents and stopped at this touristy castle/restaurant thingy, and this little guy was there, I wanted to keep him and bring him home, lookadehorsey!

2lt33q1.jpg
    WANT!!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

javagal wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new swirl Ben and jerrys. Tried the fudge brownie one. Omg disgusting! If anyone has ever had special brownies it tastes exactly like that! Urgh!

Could this be pregnancy related? I know there are certain things that taste utterly mank to me at the mo, but that I used to love - soy sauce is one, rashers (and who the feck hates rashers???) and now sausages. :(

Another woman I know hated anything potato related - even chips or crisps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My Mom and Stepdad are currently not speaking to each other and by the looks of things, are heading towards seperation/divorce. FFS, not this again. My Mom got divorced first time around when I was 16 after years of animosity on both sides. Now it's happening again. I feel I can't cope with the emotional fallout. Okay, so they're not screaming at each other anymore but the tension of them not talking seems worse somehow.

Urgh. I really don't need this. ****ing stepdad acting the bollocks. I told him if he ever hurt my mother any way shape or form, there would be serious consquences. I was all set to sell his precious 600+ dvds and blu-rays just to spite him but he beat me to the punch and bagged all his stuff. I had a bit of a panic at that: seeing the shelves bare brought it home to me that this is not just a spat between my parents.

The worst thing is that now I'll have to act as mother's main support. How the hell can I hope to move out when she's going to need me more than ever? My head's all over the shop.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

McChubbin wrote: »
    My Mom and Stepdad are currently not speaking to each other and by the looks of things, are heading towards seperation/divorce. FFS, not this again. My Mom got divorced first time around when I was 16 after years of animosity on both sides. Now it's happening again. I feel I can't cope with the emotional fallout. Okay, so they're not screaming at each other anymore but the tension of them not talking seems worse somehow.

Urgh. I really don't need this. ****ing stepdad acting the bollocks. I told him if he ever hurt my mother any way shape or form, there would be serious consquences. I was all set to sell his precious 600+ dvds and blu-rays just to spite him but he beat me to the punch and bagged all his stuff. I had a bit of a panic at that: seeing the shelves bare brought it home to me that this is not just a spat between my parents.

The worst thing is that now I'll have to act as mother's main support. How the hell can I hope to move out when she's going to need me more than ever? My head's all over the shop.

:mad::mad::mad:
    You poor thing, I can't imagine what you're going through. Hope they sort it out x

Didn't get the roast lamb for dinner as it wasn't thawed out :( so Mr. Muffin and I got take away instead, pizza and chicken wings and beer. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Neyite wrote: »
    javagal wrote: »

Could this be pregnancy related? I know there are certain things that taste utterly mank to me at the mo, but that I used to love - soy sauce is one, rashers (and who the feck hates rashers???) and now sausages. :(

Another woman I know hated anything potato related - even chips or crisps.
    No my oh thought so too! It was awful! Awful awful awful!
    But on the pregnancy food hatred, come near me with a pepper or mushrooms and prepare to be slapped or cried on!

thanks guys, id kill for a rasher and sausage sandwich right now...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Home sweet home!!! Great weekend though - Breaffy is a lovely hotel, pity I didn't get to see more of the hotel, though I got three swims in the pool, so not all bad!

thanks guys, id kill for a rasher and sausage sandwich right now...

With brown sauce. Nyom.

Its in my post-pregnancy hamper. Along with tiramsu, bagged salad, beer, red wine, soft boiled eggs, soft fried egg sammich, tuna and all the other verboten stuff. :p

My partner has got my nesting instinct. :D He scrubbed the kitchen before I even got up, then the bathrooms, then we got the baby stuff, came home and he tackled the spare room, changed all the sheets, washed every thing in both laundry baskets, scrubbed the balcony of moss, and is now organising and filing all our paperwork, and I wasnt allowed help except with picking out the baby stuff.

He also got my nausea in the first trimester, and cravings... If it wasnt for my every expanding belly I'd wonder who is the preggers one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sounds like a really tough time for you, McChubbin. Sometimes it's scary being the emotional support for your family. My family depended on me for money throughout my twenties, and when I got a mortgage and bought a house, it was for my family to live in, when I really wanted my freedom and a swanky apartment somewhere!
    But I love them to bits- my mother saved up since I was born and paid for me to go to college, every year I had new school books and a new uniform when needed. I never missed out on a school trip for lack of money even though we were often broke.

It's scary that you want your independence and freedom and it looks like you will be supporting your mom emotionally through all this instead, especially hard for you after being there before, but parents do so much for us and sometimes we have to be the strong ones for them.

I hope this all works out for you and that you can all be happy again. Your mother sounds lucky to have you. xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement