Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf nut

• 06-01-2015 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

A mate is a golf nut, paying a lot for a sky sports package. Are there any FTA European Satellites that provide golf for free?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭swoofer

no

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Canal + on Hotbird Satellite has been showing the European Tour for a while. Polish commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Also :

4.8E Viasat Golf

23.5E Golf Channel

Some feeds on 15w or 24.5w, but are intermittent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mrtom wrote: »
    A mate is a golf nut, paying a lot for a sky sports package. Are there any FTA European Satellites that provide golf for free?

Apart from the odd feed golf is only FTA when it's shown on BBC or RTÉ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

I've never came across FTA golf outside of 28e - most of the feeds are in BISS.

Premium sports are rarely not on subscription TV i'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,451 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Quite of lot of the feeds are FTA. South Africa and Abu Dhabi recently and Dubai this week. Look on Satelliweb for details. Type Golf into the Search box to see previous activity.

http://www.satelliweb.com/?section=livef&langue=en

I can get two of the three Dubai feeds on 16 East but nothing on 12.5 West.

Feeds would not be a solution for someone who wants guaranteed coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Does anyone have a list of European subscription channels that shows decent coverage of the both the US and European tours?

I know Sky Italia have good coverage and Nova Sport Bulgaria have a bit but if there is a clash with another live sport event they tend to show the other sport.

There is very little information available on the web about live golf TV rights

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=golf&Submit=Zap

Been a while but i think Canal+ Golf shows the lot. Digital+ Spain on 19e

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

robcon wrote: »
    http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=golf&Submit=Zap

Been a while but i think Canal+ Golf shows the lot. Digital+ Spain on 19e

Yes Sky Germany does also. Both have English commentary option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Yes Sky Germany does also. Both have English commentary option.

Canal + Holland too lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I've never heard English commentary on Sport 1 when they show the European and PGA Tour in the Netherlands

Advertisement