Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice needed please

Options
  • 23-02-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I need some advice on my BM trace. I started tracing a no of years ago and made contact with the agency and they in turn contacted my BM who said it was not possible for her to have contact at that time. I do know she is living in Ireland and married with 3 children so I really want to find out about my half siblings. As I am 40 now I feel that time is ticking and am upset to think I will have regrets later in life. Anyhow I have been to the GRO and have my birth cert, my BM birth cert but cannot find any record of a marriage for her which leaves me with a brick wall in finding out about my siblings. I regestered on Ancestry to see if I could find a marriage record for her in the UK but I cannot find one. Can anyone suggest another search avenue? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Alilar wrote: »
    Hi I need some advice on my BM trace. I started tracing a no of years ago and made contact with the agency and they in turn contacted my BM who said it was not possible for her to have contact at that time. I do know she is living in Ireland and married with 3 children so I really want to find out about my half siblings. As I am 40 now I feel that time is ticking and am upset to think I will have regrets later in life. Anyhow I have been to the GRO and have my birth cert, my BM birth cert but cannot find any record of a marriage for her which leaves me with a brick wall in finding out about my siblings. I regestered on Ancestry to see if I could find a marriage record for her in the UK but I cannot find one. Can anyone suggest another search avenue? Thanks

Hi Alilar, I was in the same boat as you and couldnt find my BMs marriage cert so I tried findmypast as suggested by someone else on here but still couldnt find it. I went into the GRO on 4 separate occasions for a few hours at a go. My BM's cert used her name in irish which is why it took so long for me to find.
    If you really cant find her Marriage cert, you could find any siblings she had and find their marriage certs. There'd be a chance she was a witness at one of there weddings and this might have her married name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alilar

Hi tyview thanks fo much for that advice I will definitely follow up on it. I have already found some of BM siblings marriage cert,s but BM was a witness on one but not with a married name. It's funny because I have enough info to contact a no of her siblings but obviously can't to that!! In relation to website findmypast do u know what period they would have marriage records for?? 70's / 80's?? Thanks again for ur help.

Advertisement