Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Birth Name Trace Query

• 16-02-2012 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I've learnt a lot from reading through the threads and hoping someone can help me with a few questions I have about my search.

I have initiated a trace for my birth mother. To start, I have gotten some non-identifying information from my adoption agency. This information didn't include my birth name.

I have also done some research in the GRO to look for my birth certificate. I went through all of the books for my year of birth. There was only one name with my date of birth where the surname and maiden name were the same. The birth cert also had the same hospital as I was told I was born in.

Is there a way that I can confirm that this is me? Unfortunately the mother's birth name is a very common Irish name!

I have my date of baptism and the parish (agency parish) from the agency.
    Could I ask to see the baptismal certs for this date and match it up this way?
    What information am I legally entitled to from the agency?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi, if thats the only birthcert u found i would presume that is yours, did the agency tell u what age ur mother was around the time of ur birth, if so start looking for birthcerts for her. agencies differ in the amount of non id info they give out. it is up to them. if u know where u where baptised u could pay them a visit and ask to look through the baptisamal records, but im afraid it depends on who u get on the day......kathy

Advertisement