Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mikemag

Afternoon folks

Total noob question so be gentle.....I'm trying to add RTL to my Ferguson in the hope of watching all the F1 season when it starts but am not having much success.

I'm fine as far as Installation, TP List, Selecting Astra1 and adding frequency, symbol rate and polarity but the FEC rate doesn't appear so I don't know if it's correct or not. When I try to save the details the box tells me this "TP already exists" and won't allow any changes. When I try a search after this the display just says "no program found".

Help :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Do you actually have a satellite feed from Astra 1 @ 19 degrees east?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mikemag

Again I'm gonna play the noob card and admit that when I set it up I selected Astra 1, Astra 2A and Eurobird from the list and let the box tune away. After that I just deleted any of the duplicate channels.

The Ferguson took the place of a Sky+ box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,883 ✭✭✭dodzy

donnacha wrote: »
    lads - just updated the fathers box with this abs but i've lost all irish channels - only seems to have astra 2a in the channel list. what step have i missed?

Havent looked at Tony's latest list but did you try to scroll L & R ( using the directional arrows on the RC ) through the different FAV categories ? Im guessing that the irish channels are in a section of their own ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

lads - just updated the fathers box with this abs but i've lost all irish channels - only seems to have astra 2a in the channel list. what step have i missed?

None, its not posible to put RTE channels on my list as the RTE freqs are not the same around the country. Just do a terrestrial scan and then edit the RTE channels to move them into whatever place suits you on the channel list.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,883 ✭✭✭dodzy

Tony wrote: »
    None, its not posible to put RTE channels on my list as the RTE freqs are not the same around the country. Just do a terrestrial scan and then edit the RTE channels to move them into whatever place suits you on the channel list.
    Cheers Tony, I learn something new everyday; reminds me i must pick up an aerial for terrestrial channels;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Mikemag wrote: »
    Again I'm gonna play the noob card and admit that when I set it up I selected Astra 1, Astra 2A and Eurobird from the list and let the box tune away. After that I just deleted any of the duplicate channels.

The Ferguson took the place of a Sky+ box.

The Astra 2 sats (& Astra 1N temporarily) & Eurobird 1 are at the 28 degrees east position, RTL is to be found at 19 degrees east, so you'll need to be picking up signal from there; your present dish is most likely for 28 east only as that's where all the UK stuff is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭donnacha

Tony wrote: »

cheers tony - that worked.

any quick fix for getting the old man france 24 back - he likes it but I'm guessing its changed frequency since you last updated your list.

Just do a transponder scan on the new frequency it should add the channel to the end of the list

any quick fix for getting the old man france 24 back - he likes it but I'm guessing its changed frequency since you last updated your list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

cheers tony - that worked.

The Frequency you should be scanning via TP option for France 24 on menu is 11426 V

Just scroll down and rescan that TP. It will be in the bottom of the Astra main list. You can then add it to your favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Thanks Paul. I'm not getting it on either. Are you (or anyone?) receiving it on these or other frequencies?

Yes, I'm getting it fine on 11426V

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Yes, I'm getting it fine on 11426V
    Thanks. Got it. Dunno what I was doing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dislanger

Internet functionality ? Apart from obvious which we cannot talk about - anyone finding any use / interesting with internet functionality on this box ?
    I am presuming that the thing to which you refer; which we are not to speak about is CSharing etc; which works very well on the Ariva; other than that I have found no other functionality.

If you have I'm sure we'ed all be delighted to hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Internet functionality ? Apart from obvious which we cannot talk about - anyone finding any use / interesting with internet functionality on this box ?

Internet radio is part of the media player functions.

When I got the box originally I tried locking onto a LAN stream .... got very close but had to leave it and have not got back to trying with firmware updates.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has had any success in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

I only got 5 web radio stations to load up but did do a software upgrade but thats about all I have found.

Just wondered if I was missing anything more exciting thaan this.

I only got 5 web radio stations to load up but did do a software upgrade but thats about all I have found.

Just wondered if I was missing anything more exciting thaan this.

Last time I tried it I got a long list of stations ..... cannot try at the moment as the LAN connection I used has been moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Hi all,
    I've been using the Ariva 120 since last summer and no major issues at all. Great piece of kit for the price.

Does anyone know if the box can read *.m3u (mp3 playlist) files or any other kind of playlist?
    I'd like to be able to set up playlists for d kids movies and CD storybooks etc if at all possible.

Cheers

I believe you can create your own playlst in the music section of the media player ...... Red button.

never used it so .......

• Registered Users Posts: 40 summer

Hi Guys, and sorry for jumping in here, but does any of you guys know, how many channels are on the Ariva 120 HD Combo Receiver ? The reason i am asking this question is, i have a Motorised dish, and i would like to just view other Sats. Many thank's.

No need to apologise its a fair question. It has more than enough channel capacity to handle a motorised set up.

summer wrote: »
    Hi Guys, and sorry for jumping in here, but does any of you guys know, how many channels are on the Ariva 120 HD Combo Receiver ? The reason i am asking this question is, i have a Motorised dish, and i would like to just view other Sats. Many thank's.

• Advertisement

Thanks Tony for your reply, but do you know how many?

Thanks Tony for your reply, but do you know how many?

www.ferguson.pl

Hi Tony, and thanks for the Link. As the Link is in Polish i used Babylon's translation to English, but could not see anywhere from the Link how many Channels that The Ferguson Ariva 120 HD can store, (maybe I have not looked closely enough?) Hope someone here on the Forum might know.

Hi Tony, and thanks for the Link. As the Link is in Polish i used Babylon's translation to English, but could not see anywhere from the Link how many Channels that The Ferguson Ariva 120 HD can store, (maybe I have not looked closely enough?) Hope someone here on the Forum might know.

I couldn't find any reference to it either ...... although if memory serves me mine had ~300 channels on it at one time, before I sorted it all out.

Hi Johnboy1951, yea 300 seems very low. I suppose the box is not designed for multi-sat enthusiasts, (although all the Sats are there) so it's not surprising that the amount of Ch's would be low, but I would imagine it should have at least 5000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

but I would imagine it should have at least 5000

Close! The Ariva 120 has 6000 channel storage locations, so it is more than equipped for a motorized dish set up.

Hi NUTZZ. ''Well done'' for giving me the answer, Many Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Great - get to see how cold its got in Krakow !!! Anything else useful ?

It also has an RSS Reader so you can get all your daily news headlines and such!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

We have been very happy with our box since buying it just before Christmas.
    But now it switches itself off whenever I advance channel to ITV2 or Channel 4.
    (I have arranged the channels to my liking)

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

It is infuriating and I am on the verge of taking t back and getting a better box for purpose.
    And while I'm on that subject......
    What would any of you recommend as a better combo box.
    Preferably with a built in HDD.

Thanks in advance folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I got rid of my ariva and got an amiko 8820 combo

http://satworld.ie/product-info.php?Amiko_8820_CI-CX__FULL_HD__-_Combo_Receiver-pid402.html

its an unbelievable improvement over the 120. the build quality is great, none of the stupid glitches that the ariva gets either.

Advertisement