Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Thanks Yellow Hen. I've to go back today for repeat bloods to see HCG levels are decreasing.

They keep asking am I sure my dates aren't out which makes it very hard because I know in my heart and soul my dates are right and my baby is gone.

I will ask the Dr today what they say is best.

Thanks for your help :)

Hugs sittingpretty :( it's so hard.
    I lost my first pregnancy at about the same stage, we waited a month I think. Not sure if the doctors just recommend it so it's easier to date a subsequent pregnancy. I know for us trying again pretty quickly helped me feel better. It does get easier - but time is all that helps - it's a real loss so do try to be kind to yourself and take it easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Thanks Yellow Hen. I've to go back today for repeat bloods to see HCG levels are decreasing.

They keep asking am I sure my dates aren't out which makes it very hard because I know in my heart and soul my dates are right and my baby is gone.

I will ask the Dr today what they say is best.

Thanks for your help :)

Had the same thing with my first pregnancy sittingpretty. Very hard, my heart goes out to you. When they asked about the dates I was sure but my poor husband was holding out that it would be okay. The hospital told me wait one cycle, my gp told me to work away whenever I felt ready(once the hcg had dropped). She reckoned the month was for dating purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Rosey & Dublinlady.

Thank you both so much. Today has been my hardest day so far I think. I just feel so sad and so empty :(

They gave me a "How to Cope" booklet at the hospital today and it just made it all the more final.

I know it was early and it would have been much worse to have been later in my pregnancy but that aside I still feel so sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

skylarr wrote: »
    An no Ms2011, hopefully not!! Don't count yourself out until AF arrives!:) You know skin probs are very common in pregnancy too.

If AF does arrive this weekend have you anything different planned for next cycle??

Best Wishes
    Skylar:) X

Just keeping it relaxed for a few months, I do use OPKs but that's just because I like peeing on sticks:D

Sittingpretty so sorry to hear about your loss x

Rosey & Dublinlady.

Thank you both so much. Today has been my hardest day so far I think. I just feel so sad and so empty :(

They gave me a "How to Cope" booklet at the hospital today and it just made it all the more final.

I know it was early and it would have been much worse to have been later in my pregnancy but that aside I still feel so sad :(

I found telling my mum and family helped as people are very kind when given an opportunity. Talking helped. It's a real loss regardless of when it happens. And the sadness doesn't go fully - you just don't think about it so much - it's hard physically too so really try mind yourself xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm sure as soon as I commit this to print, my period will arrive but I started charting again 5 months ago and my cycles vary from 26-28 days. I'm on cd 30 now and despite lots of pre menstrual symptoms I still have no period. I caved yesterday afternoon and bought a cheapie own brand pregnancy yest from doc Morris chemist but it was negative... But even a remorse glimpse of a line. Silly body playing tricks with me :(

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm sure as soon as I commit this to print, my period will arrive but I started charting again 5 months ago and my cycles vary from 26-28 days. I'm on cd 30 now and despite lots of pre menstrual symptoms I still have no period. I caved yesterday afternoon and bought a cheapie own brand pregnancy yest from doc Morris chemist but it was negative... But even a remorse glimpse of a line. Silly body playing tricks with me :(

Try the first response early test. I got a BFP on that FIVE days BEFORE my period was due!
    Fingers crossed it's good news for you x

Try the first response early test. I got a BFP on that FIVE days BEFORE my period was due!
    Fingers crossed it's good news for you x

Good luck yh,
    I'm on day 29. Cycle 28/30 days over last 4 months. Not gonna test cos whilst I don't feel prememstrual I really know I'm not pregnant - mostly cos from timings it would need to be a small miracle and secondly cos my boobs aren't a bit sore - they ached any other time!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Good luck yh,
    I'm on day 29. Cycle 28/30 days over last 4 months. Not gonna test cos whilst I don't feel prememstrual I really know I'm not pregnant - mostly cos from timings it would need to be a small miracle and secondly cos my boobs aren't a bit sore - they ached any other time!

Ha - words bring things on - I'm out.
    Good luck to anyone else on two week wait - there's been lots of positive news here recently so fingers crossed!

I'm out too....I knew the minute I wrote that post it would come! Damn it! Just went on ebay and ordered ovulation sticks...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 BroodyAllen

I found taking my temperature helpful in the run up to my period. If my temp dropped, then I knew my period was coming which I found oddly helpful.

I found taking my temperature helpful in the run up to my period. If my temp dropped, then I knew my period was coming which I found oddly helpful.

How long before ur period did ur temp drop?
    Where's the best place to get ovulation sticks?

That dip can be a bit misleading I found, my period arrives 14dpo & at 12dpo I had a big dip of about a degree & a half which I presumed was the onset of my period but I tested positive the next day & my temps started climbing after that.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/422891/181767.PNG

DL I buy my OPKs on ebay, whoevers is cheapest & buy in bulk so I don't mind wasting them testing all the time which is what I usually have to do as my cycles are rarely the same length.

^ That's interesting, with me the one month my temp stayed up was the month I got my BFP. Just goes to show all our bodies are different!

I used Access Diagnostics for OPKs, found them very good and cheap. I actually have a heap of them left, if anyone wants them PM me!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

^ That's interesting, with me the one month my temp stayed up was the month I got my BFP. Just goes to show all our bodies are different!

I used Access Diagnostics for OPKs, found them very good and cheap. I actually have a heap of them left, if anyone wants them PM me!

They will take back unopened ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭TomeeTipee

bobskii wrote: »
    Ah thanks everyone . we've told our families cos we didn't want them worryin any longer . Told my young lad first,needless to say he was delighted( I was afraid he would be put out)!!

Booked in for my scan in 3 weeks to make sure everything is ok . fingers crossed it is.
    I'm glad I've given hope to others . you always have to have hope!

Massive congratulations bobskii!! Haven't been on here in a while and its great to see such good news when I checked in this morning. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

My news is that I had my appointment in hari earlier this week. The long and short of it is that icsi has been recommended for us and they are keen for us to start asap. Its a lot to take in, as it now feels like things are moving very quickly for us. Found out I have very low amh (had arranged the test through my gp in advance of the hari appointment) and despite my husband going all healthy, the results of his second SA were much the same as the first set of results - they are in the icsi range. I know the low amh result is not the end of the world as I'm quite young (youngish anyway!), but they definitely felt like there was no time to lose and said I shouldn't waste any time. Getting a few more tests done before we can start ivf, have to meet with a doctor from the ivf team to discuss everything, but it looks like I'll be starting sometime in June/July depending on how my cycles work out.

Well that's me out AF arrived on time today, long 'ole cycle this month of 43 days, O'ing on day 29, timing was well off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skylarr

Hi girls,

Well just a little update, I'm still here 15 dpo now. I don't feel any different. No sore BB's etc.. I can't imagine getting a BFP though! I'm defo not going to build my hopes up. I'll test if I don't get them by next Monday or so that would be another 8 days or so..

I actually bought 20 OPTs last month for 12 euro posted I could have added 5 pregnancy test along with the 20 OPTs for 15 euro and I didn't buy the Pregnancy tests just the OPTs. Don't ask me what I was thinking of there lol!:)) Probably If I had done I would have tested.

Only thing is when AF is near my skin gets really oily but that hasn't happened yet and my CP gets really low too but ATM it's still really high up. As I said though I definitely don't want to get my hopes up as I've been too disappointed the past few months. Also this month has been soo stressful too.

If AF does arrive soon I will try Maca (The black Fermented ones for women) and probably some Progesterone cream & Pre-Conception tablets.

SittingPretty: I'm soo very sorry to hear that! I know it's very very hard to have a miscarriage. I had one on my 2nd pregnancy I was about 10 weeks. I was soo very sad too. I had to have a D&C done. Next day I was able to go home. Everything just felt so final and gloomy. I just felt like I was in Limbo or something. As other ladies said time does heal and that is so true! You mightn't think it now but it really does. If your going to try again remember that you are fertile after a miscarriage. You'll know yourself when the time is right tho. I wasn't given a leaflet or anything (But that was years ago). They took a sample of something like big clots when they were examining me & put them into a jar but I wasn't called back in to Hospital to be told what wen't wrong etc.. I now think that maybe the baby would've been born sick or something and my body rejected it and that's why it happened. I'll keep you in my prayers! X

Best wishes
    Skylar X

Hi girls,

Well just a little update, I'm still here 15 dpo now. I don't feel any different. No sore BB's etc.. I can't imagine getting a BFP though! I'm defo not going to build my hopes up. I'll test if I don't get them by next Monday or so that would be another 8 days or so..

I actually bought 20 OPTs last month for 12 euro posted I could have added 5 pregnancy test along with the 20 OPTs for 15 euro and I didn't buy the Pregnancy tests just the OPTs. Don't ask me what I was thinking of there lol!:)) Probably If I had done I would have tested.

Only thing is when AF is near my skin gets really oily but that hasn't happened yet and my CP gets really low too but ATM it's still really high up. As I said though I definitely don't want to get my hopes up as I've been too disappointed the past few months. Also this month has been soo stressful too.

If AF does arrive soon I will try Maca (The black Fermented ones for women) and probably some Progesterone cream & Pre-Conception tablets.

SittingPretty: I'm soo very sorry to hear that! I know it's very very hard to have a miscarriage. I had one on my 2nd pregnancy I was about 10 weeks. I was soo very sad too. I had to have a D&C done. Next day I was able to go home. Everything just felt so final and gloomy. I just felt like I was in Limbo or something. As other ladies said time does heal and that is so true! You mightn't think it now but it really does. If your going to try again remember that you are fertile after a miscarriage. You'll know yourself when the time is right tho. I wasn't given a leaflet or anything (But that was years ago). They took a sample of something like big clots when they were examining me & put them into a jar but I wasn't called back in to Hospital to be told what wen't wrong etc.. I now think that maybe the baby would've been born sick or something and my body rejected it and that's why it happened. I'll keep you in my prayers! X

Best wishes
    Skylar X

Thank you so much Skylar and best of luck for this cycle, hope the news is great when you test! :). X

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Hi girls,

Best wishes
    Skylar X

Best of luck this month Skylar. I don't know how you've held out this long - I go through so many tests, I've no patience.

Sittingpretty - so sorry to hear about your loss. In terms of trying again, I had 2 miscarriages and I was told I could try again straight away if I wanted to.. One of my miscarriages was very late (4 1/2 months) and even then they said there was no medical reason to wait. I think waiting for your cycle to return helps with dating, but a dating scan can be done anyway if dates are in doubt. Personally speaking, I was not emotionally ready to try again for a while, so do whatever feels best for you. I know everyone says that time heals and it is not much help at the minute, but for me it really was true. I don't think I'll ever fully get over it, but maybe thats not a bad thing. I think about my babies from time to time, but I don't get upset thinking of them now. But it definitely takes time, so allow yourself to grieve for as long as you need.

• Advertisement

TomeeTipee wrote: »
    Best of luck this month Skylar. I don't know how you've held out this long - I go through so many tests, I've no patience.

Thanks everyone, it's such a huge help to be able to talk about it and hear other people's experiences here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skylarr

Hiya Girls,

I really think I'm out! Last night & again this morning I checked my cervix and a tiny drop of blood was on my nail. CP still high but I'm sure that's AF on her way!:(
    I'm gutted tbh.. I really thought because of BD on the correct days of the positive OPts that I'd have a good chance. I'll just have to wait now and see how long it take's for it to start. I'll keep you all updated and sure if it is AF at least we'll all be on the 2WW again soon lol!~:)

TomeeTipee: I'd say if I had the pregnancy tests there I defo would have poas lol!:)

SittingPretty: I hope your feeling a bit better today! We're always here if you need to talk:)

Best wishes

Skylar X

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi ladies,
    I have a 7 month old but Because of erratic cycles, PCOS, an underactive thyroid and some prolactin issues in the past I'm starting to try and get a handle on my cycle. We always said we wouldn't hang around trying for a second baby because we are aware that it mightn't happen so quickly this time around and hope to start trying again in the coming months. Since my period has returned my cycle lengths vary between 29 and 32. In the past they have been anything up to 81 days! I found a couple of cheapie ovulation tests I had from last time and used them yesterday and today(cycle day 16 and 17). Yesterday there was a definite line, not as dark as the control line but today it was much more faint so obviously I'm already after ovulating this month. Bit confused though as I'm getting the telltale pains tonight but had the ewcm about 5 days ago. I've also had brown spotting yesterday and today. Anyone experience this before? Also, if it was a 31 day cycle shouldn't I be ovulating today or yesterday?

Ladies, I'm baffled. Trying to get my head around my cycle again after having a baby in November. I have PCOS, an underactive thyroid and have had prolactin issues in the past. Because of these issues we've decided not to leave it too long and start trying again in the next few months so I'm trying to keep track of ovulation. My cycles have been 29-31 days. I had some egg white cervical mucus, spotting and some ovulation type pains at the start of this week and Fertility friend reckoned it was my fertile window. I remembered on Tuesday that I had some cheapie ovulation tests left from last time(but no leaflet!). Took a test Tuesday afternoon(cycle day 17) and got a line nearly as dark as the test line. Wednesday I only got a faint line so I guessed that I must have ovulated Monday. Was away Thursday night so forgot about it. Tested again out of curiosity Saturday as I was having ewcm again and the line was darkening again. Today it was pretty much the colour of the test line(CD22). I'm out of tests now. Maybe I just ovulated later but why did I get a dark line on Tuesday? Any ideas ladies?

@Roesy, my cycle is usually 27-30 days but from tracking in the past (mainly based on cm) I think I ovulate quite late. The ovulation tests weren't particularly indicative of anything, line colours varied but usually didn't correspond to cm. I feel baffled most of the time so from cd16-22 we usually just try do the deed a few times and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Roesy wrote: »
    I had some egg white cervical mucus, spotting and some ovulation type pains at the start of this week and Fertility friend reckoned it was my fertile window. I remembered on Tuesday that I had some cheapie ovulation tests left from last time(but no leaflet!). Took a test Tuesday afternoon(cycle day 17) and got a line nearly as dark as the test line. Wednesday I only got a faint line so I guessed that I must have ovulated Monday. Was away Thursday night so forgot about it. Tested again out of curiosity Saturday as I was having ewcm again and the line was darkening again. Today it was pretty much the colour of the test line(CD22). I'm out of tests now. Maybe I just ovulated later but why did I get a dark line on Tuesday? Any ideas ladies?

This can happen! Your body gears up to ovulate (LH surges) but doesn't release the egg, only to put in another surge a few days later. If you were temping you would probably find that you didn't get a temperature shift to confirm ovulation last week. As to whether you release an egg this time - only temping will confirm.

OPKs also go positive if you're pregnant but given the short time between your first surge and the weekend I wouldn't think it was that just yet - who knows what the next couple of weeks will bring though! Good luck!

Roesy, could be that your body was gearing up to ovulate before, didn't manage it and is going for it again? Either way I'd, eh, get busy to cover all bases :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

It's because you have PCOS that this happens http://pcos.about.com/od/infertility/qt/OPK.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi Girls,

Congrats on all the BFP's over the last few weeks and sorry to hear of the arrivals of that dreaded AF's too. My heart goes out to you SittingPretty - hope you can start trying again soon.

I have a 22 month old and have been trying again for the last 3 months. I was so shocked when it didnt happen the fist month! How naive of me! It happened so easily with my DS..so you can imagine my shock when it still hasnt happened..I was using an app when getting pregnant with DS, and was doing it this time too, so not sure where we went wrong...

I have bought the OPK's on ebay. I have my app at the ready. I am planning on following the Egg Meets Sperm Plan to a T this time(just waiting on the OPK's in the post!) I have 6 days to fertile window. so thats 21 days to test....

best of luck to everyone and those on the 2ww...

• Advertisement

Lucuma wrote: »
    It's because you have PCOS that this happens http://pcos.about.com/od/infertility/qt/OPK.htm

Cheers for the link Lucuma. I had read similar in the long, long ago but forgotten about it.

Am guessing this surge was the real deal judging by the amount of ewcm so that should have me heading for a 32/33 day cycle this time I suppose. Will get some more opks and maybe temp next month. Only thing about temping is that I'm waking a lot at night at the moment so I know that can affect the results too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement