Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Luas Red Line and 40m Trams - Progress?

Options
  • 11-06-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭

Anybody in the know have an idea what progress there is with the conversion of trams on the Red Line to 40m. From reading here I think I remember reading there were 3 done, but I thought (perhaps unrealistically - I'm not in the tram extending business myself) we'd start to see more filter onto the Red line - but they're an extremely rare sight and I'm starting to wonder if there are issues that are slowing/delaying the process.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Only 3 are confirmed as done yet. It will take several months to complete all 26 3000 class trams. Like anything new I would expect progress to be slow to start with. It should ramp up after a few more are extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,241 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The last I heard was 2 complete - that was around polling day and apparently 3 were in the process last week. I don't know if that adds up to 5 or more.

Advertisement