Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wells fargo Champ/Open de Espana

• 30-04-2012 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

I kmow it's a bit early in the week but don't think this 50/1 will last too long
    US
    Zach Johnson @33/1
    Euro
    Jamie Donaldson @50/1

2 e/w singles and an e/w double

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,037 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Going to lay Rory for top 5, will check prices in morning.

David Mathis will be backed again I think this week too.

nothing else standing out value wise so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I would be very wary about laying Rory this week.

I think Bo van Pelt will play well this week.

And in Europe

Anderson Hed @500-1
    Coetzee@ 25 (Maybe Dufner inspired him last week)
    Morrisson @ 150-1
    Fasth @ 500-1

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rehssu

Took last week off after dire run so here's hoping:

Wells Fargo
    Westwood @ 14/1
    Senden @ 80/1

Open de Espana
    Paul Lawrie @ 25/1
    Canizares @ 66/1

All e/w & couple of e/w doubles

I would be very wary about laying Rory this week.

Ya I hear ya im in 2 minds now tbh. think might leave it for this week.

My picks for this week are

Phil Mickelson. His record around here is pretty decent 3-12-5-2-9

Jim Furyk record here is also very impressive 2-1-CUT-7-11-7-24. He been playing very solid of late too. He is currently 1st in Driving Accuracy with 74.37% and this is course where accuracy is extremely important.

Im going to give David Mathis another go also at a very big price. Been hiting form lately and seems play his best Golf around this time of year.

Will more likely add another name before it begins. Backed Win and place for all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Laying Tiger Top 10 @ 2.88

Backing Phil Win @ 12.5 with a 2 unit lay @ 2.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Stan James paying 6 places

PP Shop Special 10/1 Rory

Ladbrokes Best Tiger 10/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

i will go mad if simpson wins at 35/1 and not on in an intereview he said loves places were he can lay in his oen bed proven a bit saying he won the wyndham last year an hour from home like this one and not original but colsearts in spain course long and he is in good form

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cakes285

jjll wrote: »
    i will go mad if simpson wins at 35/1 and not on in an intereview he said loves places were he can lay in his oen bed proven a bit saying he won the wyndham last year an hour from home like this one and not original but colsearts in spain course long and he is in good form
    Get on then? I'm on for exactly this reason :)

Going to follow you Simpson lovers too me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

Furyk 1st rnd lead @28/1

Stroud @80/1

Brian Davis top GB&I @16/1 (Westwood has shocking record here, so essentially a match bet with Rory)

Manassero in Spain @22/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Mahan
    Wilson
    Duval
    Revie

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Open de Espana -
    Miguel Angel Jimenez @ 25/1

Quail Hallow Open ;) -
    Webb Simpson @ 30/1
    Keegan Bradley @ 33/1
    Bill Haas 40/1
    Martin Laird @ 100/1

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cakes285

-Ade- wrote: »
    Open de Espana -
    Miguel Angel Jimenez @ 25/1

Quail Hallow Open ;) -
    Webb Simpson @ 30/1
    Keegan Bradley @ 33/1
    Bill Haas 40/1
    Martin Laird @ 100/1

Simpson, mickleson, mahan, overton, tringale, z Johnson
    With
    Colsarts, quiros, canizares, jamieson, lawrie, foster.
    E/w doubles of various amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Going to lay Rory for top 5, will check prices in morning.

Wow, thats certainly left field, any particualr reason?

He has played 6 events in 2012, has 5 T10's and 4 T3's and is playing on a course where he has won. Id want to be getting a serious price tbh. I actually think he will win tbh and have backed him at 9/1 on BF, Rory plays well on course's he like as in courses he feels comfortable on and has good memories of, despite all he's sucess people forget how young he actually is and he is somewhat immature emotionally and that probably leads to that and explains he's relatively poor win ratio considering the amount of times he gets into contention, but T5's are he's area of expertise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

with Michelson having such a good start and shortening to 6/1 i think McElroys price should be pushed out a bit(even 1 point).
    Bookies are a f...in joke.......and yes i know it's my choice to bet or not i just think they are a joke for e.g if a player hits a good approach to say 10 feet they shorten,he hits it in the rough they just leave it and expect them to get up and down.

heavyballs wrote: »
    with Michelson having such a good start and shortening to 6/1 i think McElroys price should be pushed out a bit(even 1 point).
    Bookies are a f...in joke.......and yes i know it's my choice to bet or not i just think they are a joke for e.g if a player hits a good approach to say 10 feet they shorten,he hits it in the rough they just leave it and expect them to get up and down.

Do you not use Betfair heavyballs, I would say it is an absolutre must for any serious Golf punter and you do seem to have a keen interest and good knowledge of the sport, tbh betting with a highstreet bookie for Golf is the equivalant of burning money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Do you not use Betfair heavyballs, I would say it is an absolutre must for any serious Golf punter and you do seem to have a keen interest and good knowledge of the sport, tbh betting with a highstreet bookie for Golf is the equivalant ofburning money.

tbh i was with betfair a few years ago and yes you're correct,there is really no comparison,i found i was on line 24/7 as i was always afraid i would miss something,it took my life ove almost.
    There came a time when i had to stop it,i'm not going to lie,i wasn't doing great out of it but i was in small profit
    With young kids etc now it suits me more to bet in shop,i have no online account,that doesn't seem to suit my very addictive personality.

heavyballs wrote: »
    tbh i was with betfair a few years ago and yes you're correct,there is really no comparison,i found i was on line 24/7 as i was always afraid i would miss something,it took my life ove almost.
    There came a time when i had to stop it,i'm not going to lie,i wasn't doing great out of it but i was in small profit
    With young kids etc now it suits me more to bet in shop,i have no online account,that doesn't seem to suit my very addictive personality.

Understand perfectly mate, fair play to you for stepping back from it!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nice of Jimenez to have his 1st missed cut of the year this week. A round of 80 today!

would have thought colsearts would have been closer espec have the distance to reach all the par 5s in 2 but just doesnt seem to be happening this week lets hope he sorts it out over the weekend need a quick start today

• Advertisement

Wow, thats certainly left field, any particualr reason?

He has played 6 events in 2012, has 5 T10's and 4 T3's and is playing on a course where he has won. Id want to be getting a serious price tbh. I actually think he will win tbh and have backed him at 9/1 on BF, Rory plays well on course's he like as in courses he feels comfortable on and has good memories of, despite all he's sucess people forget how young he actually is and he is somewhat immature emotionally and that probably leads to that and explains he's relatively poor win ratio considering the amount of times he gets into contention, but T5's are he's area of expertise.

The reason was the fact his form is never that good when he comes back after a rest.

He been playing very solid all year, but at the price I thought it may been worth a punt.

Stayed away in end though.

McIlroy 6 shots back is a major threat to all. Gave himself a lot of chances yesterday. I expect him to be the big mover today

McIlroy 6 shots back is a major threat to all. Gave himself a lot of chances yesterday. I expect him to be the big mover today

Saturday is in general is the day he plays his best Golf, he seems to just relax so much more when he not thinking about closing out a competition

Saturday is in general is the day he plays his best Golf, he seems to just relax so much more when he not thinking about closing out a competition

Which is why I'm still in shock about what he did on Masters Saturday.

He had a lot of birdie chances yesterday and the only complaint I'd have about him is that his mind doesn't seem to be 100% on the job.

All you guys are sitting pretty at the moment with Webb Simpson. He was a great pick at his local course.

I was at a wedding last night and a chap said to me that Webb Simpson is one of his favourite golfers. I asked him what golfers he doesn't like. "Zach Johnson" he said. I asked him why. "He's too mad into Jesus!" :pac:

Which is why I'm still in shock about what he did on Masters Saturday.

He had a lot of birdie chances yesterday and the only complaint I'd have about him is that his mind doesn't seem to be 100% on the job.

All you guys are sitting pretty at the moment with Webb Simpson. He was a great pick at his local course.

I was at a wedding last night and a chap said to me that Webb Simpson is one of his favourite golfers. I asked him what golfers he doesn't like. "Zach Johnson" he said. I asked him why. "He's too mad into Jesus!" :pac:

I like both Simpson and Johnson cause they won me lots of cash.:)

Simpson is obsessed with Jesus.

And Rory is on a birdie run. -2 thru 2 including a nice 40 footer at the 2nd.

edit: make that -3 thru 3

thanks to dysons double at the last yesterday gives me hope colesaerts can get up there today only hit 6/14 fairways yesterday and still made 1 under on that course with rough the way it is. Dyson is one of those annoying players for me

jjll wrote: »
    thanks to dysons double at the last yesterday gives me hope colesaerts can get up there today only hit 6/14 fairways yesterday and still made 1 under on that course with rough the way it is. Dyson is one of those annoying players for me

Hope Colesarets wins it for you jjll, at worst place money.

Hoping Simpson can keep the lead come this evening.

I have had leaders on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of tournaments in last 5 weeks and not got penny back.

Not making same mistake again so layed Simpson for nice profit and still will win bit more if he wins tonight. Its still very compact field so anything can happen.

oh i get it now on a course that is wet and playing long go for a player that is short hitter ( great to see dyson get destroyed today complaining about greens but it is the same for all the players )

• Advertisement

Really hope McIlroy does the business tonight. This is the kinda night where we will see what he is really made of. If he pars his way around tonight then I think people will have to seriously question the mental side of his game.

I don't think that will happen though. A nice pairing with DA Points, he should rip this course a new ass hole.

Advertisement