Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's in YOUR party?

• 24-03-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Hai guiz, I had a look through a few pages and didn't see a thread like this, feel free to lock though if I'm mistaken :rolleyes:

Ok so basically if you have a special party that you take through pokemon, why not post it here?? I think it's interesting to see what combination everyone picks for winning :D (also it could help people who aren't very good at choosing a team :P)

Ok so I'm playing White (not very far in, started again), and my party is:
    Throh (Guybear) Lvl. 24
    Victini (Cuddles) Lvl. 24
    Diwott (Squish) Lvl. 25
    Archen (Wobbles) Lvl. 25
    Blitzle (Allie) Lvl. 26
    Lilligant (Chiqa) Lvl. 26

Yes my names are silly, they all mean something to me though :P

Feel free to criticize my party too :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

The party which has taken me through the Elite Four and the rest of the post-game content:

Darmanitan
    Galvantula
    Seismitoad
    Mienshao
    Gothitelle
    Hydreigon

It's working pretty well for the most part, Darmanitan, Mienshao and Hydreigon are powerhouses and Seismitoad and Galvantula are decent, but Gothitelle tends to be the weak point. The biggest problem is that not one of them can learn any Ice moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hydreigon can learn Ice Fang through breeding if you're bothered.

I'll post my team up later... When I decide who stays.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Presently team consists of:

Emboar level 69
    Zekrom level 67
    Victini level 67
    Volcarona level 71
    Kyurem level 77
    Hydreigon level 67

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Emboar Lvl 100

Shiney Blastoise Lvl 100

Giratina Lvl 100

Tornadus lvl 100

Thats the main core i leave the last two for raising mon

currently have a lvl 51 spiritbomb and a lvl 41 shiney Venosaur

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Currently my party is epic:

Litwick Lv26
    Egg
    Egg
    Egg
    Egg
    Egg

Bring on the pain!

• Advertisement

Currently my party is epic:

Litwick Lv26
    Egg
    Egg
    Egg
    Egg
    Egg

Bring on the pain!
    I regularly get offered eggs in the gts.......takes every bit of self restraint i have not to pick them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I always take the eggs on the GTS :D Never know, it could hatch a shiny.

Bit of an odd team at the moment:

Birdy the Rufflet - lv. 40
    Serperior - lv. 46
    Reshiram - lv. 51
    Zangoose - lv. 64
    Volcarona - lv. 70
    Japanese Floatzel - lv. 76

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

My newest Black Team:

Gengar F (Death)
    Espeon M (Dream)
    Blaziken M (Desire)
    Glaceon M (Destiny)
    Luxray F (Delirium)
    Hydreigon F (Despair)

I wanted to call Blaziken Destruction, but it wouldn't fit :(

And I'm still trying to breed a new Hydreigon. Want it with Dark Pulse, but it's proving awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'm playing platinum at the moment. :pac:

I've no idea what I'm doing at the moment, I'm trying to make some pokeymans nice and strong for the Steel pokeymans gym.
    my ponyta sucks ass. I picked him because Rapidash has lots of protection against the moves that the next gym will unleash against me. But Ponyta sucks. :( Can't seem to take a punch at all.

Pelipper Lvl 30
    Ponyta Lvl 35
    Machoke Lvl 28
    Crobat Lvl 27 (he has the HMs)
    Quagsire Lvl 33
    Tropius Lvl 30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Currently rocking:

Dewott
    Swoobat (the ugliest f*cking thing I have ever seen, almost regret letting it evolve)
    Boldore

And trying to figure out who to keep on out of:

Blitzle
    Deerling (trying different grass types, not crazy on anything so far)
    Vanilla Ice cream cone thing
    Darumaka (when this evolves, will it be able to do the different modes thing or do I need to get a special one for that from this "dreamworld" malarkey?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Your current Darumaka won't be able to change forms when it evolves, but you will be able to catch a special form changing Darmanitan later in the game, without having to access the Dreamworld

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

elekid wrote: »
    Your current Darumaka won't be able to change forms when it evolves, but you will be able to catch a special form changing Darmanitan later in the game, without having to access the Dreamworld
    Yep, you need to revisit the Desert Ruins, the Professer gives you one RageCandyBar that will wake up one of the Darmanitan, and it has Zen Mode.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    And trying to figure out who to keep on out of:

Blitzle
    Vanilla Ice cream cone thing
    Darumaka (when this evolves, will it be able to do the different modes thing or do I need to get a special one for that from this "dreamworld" malarkey?)

I'm a big Zebstrika fan, so if your Blitzle is physically natured keep it, it's glorious.
    And while I'm completely against Grass types, Sawsbuck does learn Horn Leech, which is epic, and also can use Jump Kick, giving you something to use against Normals and Darks. Plus they're both pretty fast, I used both against the E4

Urizen wrote: »
    I'm a big Zebstrika fan, so if your Blitzle is physically natured keep it, it's glorious.
    And while I'm completely against Grass types, Sawsbuck does learn Horn Leech, which is epic, and also can use Jump Kick, giving you something to use against Normals and Darks. Plus they're both pretty fast, I used both against the E4
    Venosaur is not impressed by your statement
    venusaur.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Unless you're willing to take on Ferroseed/Ferrothorn, Sawsbuck is your best bet. Remember it's Normal/Grass as well, so in exchange for a small Fighting weakness, it gets a Ghost immunity and STAB Return!

Venosaur is not impressed by your statement

Let's be fair, Venusaur doesn't use Fighting moves, doesn't have any immunities, is slower and, most importantly, can't be obtained without trading before the E4. Plus the SpAtk is the same as Sawsbuck's Atk, so same diff there really. Also, Megahorn baby!
    The main problem with the Sawsbuck is that you end up relying on Horn Leech as the Grass move, since it's physical, and that has shag all PP. But teach it Double Edge and no one cares anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Just starting White and I think I'll pick Oshawott.

Cool, gonna stick with Deerling so. Also, after flirting briefly with an Emolga, finally replaced Blitzle with a Joltik, as it is about 6 times cooler.

Cool, gonna stick with Deerling so. Also, after flirting briefly with an Emolga, finally replaced Blitzle with a Joltik, as it is about 6 times cooler.

Not as fast or stong, but there's a lot to be said for a good Bug. Good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Urizen wrote: »
    Not as fast or stong, but there's a lot to be said for a good Bug. Good call.

Actually Galvantula has equal or better stats in everything compared to Emolga! +15HP, +22SpAtk, and +5 Speed!

• Advertisement

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Actually Galvantula has equal or better stats in everything compared to Emolga! +15HP, +22SpAtk, and +5 Speed!

I was comparing it to Zebstrika :P SpAtk of 97 instead of Atk 100, Spd 108 instead of Spd 116. Plus it suffers by -3 Def and SpDef and -5 in Hp.

All fairly minor differences, offset by the added ability to use Bug moves IMO. Matter of personal choice more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Zekrom lv 61
    Haxorus lv 61
    Excadrill lv 61
    Chandelure lv 61
    Braviary lv 61
    Hydregion lv 64

Tell ya something, Dark Pulse not being a TM anymore is sickening. Best STAB dark attack Hydregion can learn and it's an absolute nightmare to teach to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My group are:

Serperior (lvl 80)
    Simipour (lvl 75)
    Stoutland (lvl 75)
    Zebstrika (lvl 75)

Those four have stood me well and been in my party for the duration. My other two spots are currently filled by a level 50 Wigglytuff that I use to help me catch pokemon with its 'sing' ability (which is quite rubbish since it doesn't always work) and I also caught that great Kyurem pokemon which I was pleased to learn can be taught how to fly, so I've replaced Reshiram with that.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Currently

Samurott Lvl 72
    Lilligant Lvl 70
    Archeops Lvl 70
    Mienshao Lvl 70
    Chandelure Lvl 70
    Krookodile Lvl 70

MVPs are Archeops (absolute monster) and Mienshao (hits hard and fast). Lilligant is okay for Sleep Powder but lacks good attacks besides Petal Dance, although the interaction with Own Tempo is nice. Everyone else is a little meh.

Just beat the 8th gym. Have a nice roster of 7, all around level 45:

Mijumaru the Samurott
    Fraxure the... Fraxure
    Aragog the Galvantula
    Brock the Gigalith
    Trevor the Krookodile
    Lucy the Sawsbuck (looking resplendent in her new winter wardrobe)
    Filius the Lampent (currently my weakest, but it just learned shadow ball so should be a bit more useful)

I like my team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Just after finishing the Ice gym and Dragonspiral Tower

Not sure of exact levels (and can't check right now since the battery on my DS is flat :( ), but all in the region of about 32 to 36

Serperior (lv36)
    Excadrill (lv34, I think)
    Gigalith (lv36)
    Unfezant (lv33)
    Druddigon (lv33, I think)
    Victini (lv33, I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

In my party I have:
    Emboar level 47
    Vicinti level 44
    Serperior level 43
    Excadrill level 43
    Samurott level 45
    Rufflet level 43

any one got any ideas for replacing Serperior? I only have him for the balance but I really don't like him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I'm on Route 10 just past the 8th gym. I keep getting bored and changing up half my team.

I've stuck with Emboar lv.51, Stoutland 45, and Cinccino 46. I've recently had a Swanna, Cubchoo, Boldore, Lilligant, Zebstrika, Mienfoo, and Unfezant.

Too many of the badass Pokémons.

Just started playing Black now (bought it today :pac:)

Team is:
    Mustachio the Lillipup - 10
    Flame the Pansear - 10
    Ninja the Oshawott - 12
    Eyes the Patrat - 11

Gonna breed and trade over a Deino (if I can manage to do it on my wonky second DS)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

My party for pokemon black is

Espoen LV 100
    Unbreon LV 100
    Emboar LV 82
    Blaziken LV 100
    Reshiram LV 80
    Sawk LV 75

Not a bad party but to much fire based if you ask me

Advertisement