Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Serious malware threat

Options
  • 28-02-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Took 4 photos today with my Desire HD, downloaded photo to recently formatted PC running Windows 7 with Microsoft Security Essentials installed, generally update software every other day
    Resized the image using Image Resizer Powertoy Clone for Windows (Brice Lambson)
    As I was resising the images Microsoft Security Essentials informed me that one of the mages IMAG0307 (Medium).jpg as a serious threat
    Exploit:Win32/MS04028!jpeg
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?name=Exploit%3aWin32%2fMS04028!jpeg&threatid=2147572455

Trying to fathom out if it is a false threat, if the problem is with the PC or im my HD has picked up some malware, I rarely use it on the net, any comments or advice please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Windows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is it possible ifs picking up something embedded in the photo like the geolocation info, and getting confused with the extra data attached to the photo?

Also you should upload it to one of them online virus scanners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Interesting, thanks for your help B_Man, ill do that, the alert only showed up when I was resizing the image leading me to wonder if the resizing program was the problem

Advertisement