Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Have only gotten into them recently and I'm immensely enjoying them.
    I've listened to
    Rust In Peace
    Countdown to Extinction
    Endgame
    Th1rt3en

So far, no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The title track for Super Collider will be available on iTunes tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Have only gotten into them recently and I'm immensely enjoying them.
    I've listened to
    Rust In Peace
    Countdown to Extinction
    Endgame
    Th1rt3en

So far, no complaints.

Make sure you pick up Killing Is My Business and So Far, So Good, So What next!
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The title track for Super Collider will be available on iTunes tomorrow

It's been up on YouTube since yesterday and it's complete shite :(

Testament1 wrote: »
    Make sure you pick up Killing Is My Business and So Far, So Good, So What next!

It's been up on YouTube since yesterday and it's complete shite :(

Got a link handy for it. I can't find it on Youtube,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

The song was removed from YouTube yesterday. It's streaming here, however. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Cryptic Writings was so-so. Not bad. Lost interest after RISK. A total bag o balls. (I have an original copy of RISK if any collectors are looking for one!!) ;)

Any albums since then worth checking out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

seachto7 wrote: »
    Any albums since then worth checking out?

Endgame is arguably their best album since the early 90's. It received a lot of positive reviews.

Here are a couple tracks from the album.

The title track ain't so bad, it'll take a while to get used to

Ohhhh, really not a fan of the "Supercollider" title track.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Damn that is one boring song. Does not say much if that is meant to be the lead single from the new album

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Give it up Dave , this is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

First impressions are not particularly good. I'll give it a few listens over the course of the evening and see if it's a grower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

At least its not his usual paranoid tea-party anti-UN rantings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I used to think bands trading off former glories were a bad thing. Well, if this is consistent with the quality of the rest of the album then it should be back to Peace Sells... et al for all concerned.

Woeful stuff!

Gotta say,it's not doing anything for me. Listened to it a number of times but it just hasn't delivered. I'll still give the new album a listen though,there's bound to be some class Mustaine riffage on it.

Yep I truly believe that track would have struggled to make the cut on Risk. From watching the studio update videos there does sound like there's some good riffs about so hopefully the rest of the album has some merit. Going on what's been released so far it's pretty laughable to see Mustaine claiming this album is up there with Countdown To Extinction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

lord lucan wrote: »
    Gotta say,it's not doing anything for me. Listened to it a number of times but it just hasn't delivered. I'll still give the new album a listen though,there's bound to be some class Mustaine riffage on it.

Same with me hopefully its just a Moto Psycho part 2 and its no indication to the rest of the record.

Also not a fan of that artwork!

A second song from the new album has premiered,Kingmaker.

Certainly better than the first track we heard but it just sounds like stock Megadeth.

Disappointed with the 2 tracks so far, keeping my fingers crossed that that the rest of the album will be a major improvement.

Well the new album is up on the Pirate Bay so I downloaded it to give it a listen. Unfortunately to these ears its complete bollocks from start to finish so it's gonna go straight to the recycle bin. First time I've let a Megadeth album slip through the collection but it's just so goddamn bad that I cannot justify buying it. :( At least Risk has a few tunes that I'd listen to now and again whereas I cant see this new record getting any repeat listens.

• Advertisement

"Burn baby, Burn! Coz it feels so good!"

You fuckin' serious Dave?

"Burn baby, Burn! Coz it feels so good!"

You fuckin' serious Dave?

"Built for war, whataya think you're fists are for?"

Initial thoughts after giving it a listen, Burn! and Built for war just atrocius and make the title track sound like the work of genius, everything else on it is very average.

Kingmaker, Dance in the rain (feat. Dave Draiman) and The Blackest Crow grabbed me more than the rest, I'll throw it on again at some stage im sure but I wont be in any hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Been listening to my reviewers copy for a few days now and it just hasn't taken, some albums take a while to grow on me but I doubt this ever will. It's mediocre at best and painfully average throughout, I wanted to believe that Megadeth had at least one more good album in them but that just doesn't seem to be the case.

This review had me in stitches and backs up much of what i've read about it online. Haven't listened to it myself yet so i'll reserve judgement but it doesn't sound promising.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/05/29/review-megadeths-super-collider-is-a-super-catastrophe/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Given all the negativity around this and the two songs I've heard being not that great I don't know if I'll bother with this, but then again I think Risk is a good album so I'll probably wait till I've heard more songs before I decide whether to get it or not.

I'm going to let the songs on the album be the deciding factor for me in making up my mind, if the album is great or a complete waste of money.....

Whatever happened to just being a fan of the band and being happy with the decisions they make be they either good or bad

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

I'm going to let the songs on the album be the deciding factor for me in making up my mind, if the album is great or a complete waste of money.....

Whatever happened to just being a fan of the band and being happy with the decisions they make be they either good or bad

those type of bands seem to be doing the crowdfunding thing

it may have been posted here before but i love this

the brilliant Vika Yermolyeva on piano and Brian Viglione from Dresden Dolls on drums

Another thing that grinds my gears, whenever Megadeth are on tour, why do they avoid coming to Ireland..... Would it be down to a lack of demand or simply because Dave Mustaine doesn't give a damn about his Irish fans

Another thing that grinds my gears, whenever Megadeth are on tour, why do they avoid coming to Ireland..... Would it be down to a lack of demand or simply because Dave Mustaine doesn't give a damn about his Irish fans

They've actually toured here more than a lot of acts I could think of besides not touring Thirteen here they toured the preceeding albums System has Failed 2005, United Abominations 2009, End Game/20th Anniversary R.I.P. in 2010

I think its a little down to demand when they toured United Abominations... I think they did a stand alone show in Belfast aswell but they supported Judas Priest to a half full O2 in Dublin (Testament were also on the bill), I dunno if they'd do what Slayer are doing (2 nights in the Academy) which they'd easily sell, Its again the prob of havin no mid-size venue, some people reckon they could be supporting Black Sabbath on their Belfast date if thats true they won't announce it until current Euro tour ends.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Really disappointed by this one after Thirt3en. Does Dave think that another Top 10 single is missing from his CV or something? One or two more listens to be sure, and then I'm pretending it never happened!

Advertisement