Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Faith No More Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

God I love this band.

Great memories of seeing them perform in Edinburgh in 2009 - plus meeting them in the car park afterwards, especially Bordin, he certainly made the best impact that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Announced 3 European fests today, have to see them now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tried to listen to the new song, this is what i got instead ''Sorry for the inconvenience, this page is not found''.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Tried to listen to the new song, this is what i got instead ''Sorry for the inconvenience, this page is not found''.

Yeah, I don't know why the link isn't working but go to rollingstone.com and the story is on the left hand side of the homepage

• Advertisement

Found the song on the bands Soundcloud page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Man I love this band, I really really do. Will probably make a stab at seeing them a couple of times summer, once at a festival and hopefully another time at a stand alone gig, thinking Hellfest actually!

I think the new song is spot on, precisely what I expected it to be, but also not at all what I expected it to be at the same time, if you get me (assuming that you're FNM fans you probably do). :pac:

I've read a lot of comments written by disappointed people who seemed to be expecting something different, maybe The Real Thing part 2, a bit like Jim Martin... :rolleyes: This is a solid tune and anyone who has the vaguest notion of what Faith No More are about will understand that they not going to do that, there's a reason why Angel Dust and KFADFFALT are the albums they are, and that's because of their variety and that they're totally new and original, and cover territory that they haven't covered before.

It's curious, it's measured and it has it's tongue placed firmly in its cheek. The fact that it's not what I was expecting is a nice reminder of what makes this band so great. Welcome back, Faith No More... You awkward bastards!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Heard it for the first time last night and played it over a load of times. If I had to use an analogy; I'd call it the entrée to a Michelin standard meal!

For those of you eagerly awaiting the release on the new Faith No More album, the man doing the technical stuff Matt Wallace says
    the band’s upcoming album features the most creative music they’ve ever made.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-05/faith-no-more-producer-matt-wallace-returns

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

For those of you eagerly awaiting the release on the new Faith No More album, the man doing the technical stuff Matt Wallace says

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-05/faith-no-more-producer-matt-wallace-returns
    every band says that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

every band says that

He's not the band though, he's a producer.

He's not the band though, he's a producer.

...who is due 10% of royalties from the album sales (or whatever the producer's take is). So he does have a vested interest and his enthusiasm should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Having said all that, I'm still very optimistic about his album's potential.

...who is due 10% of royalties from the album sales (or whatever the producer's take is). So he does have a vested interest and his enthusiasm should be taken with a pinch of salt.

That's beside the point though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Well, the producer is hardly going to say "It's alright, not as creative or as good as the old stuff, but I'm getting paid anyway"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

That's beside the point though.

That's exactly the point though.

That's exactly the point though.

Wow, some people are really dim witted.

All I was saying was the producer wasn't "the band" which he isn't (Ash.J.Williams implied he was)

That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

All I was saying was the producer wasn't "the band" which he isn't (Ash.J.Williams implied he was)

That's all.
    all i implied was around this stage of an album release the albums team say things to the media such as " man this is the best stuff since <seminal album from 80's 90's>" or "man this album is as fresh as the old days" ....it's marketing and it doesn't matter what band it is it should not be taken seriously and only the dim witted would post it on boards as news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

We all know that promotional stuff for new albums should be taken with a pinch of salt, but that's not to say it's always untrue.

Regardless, there's no need to be insulting each other so calm it down please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

That's all.

Tut tut - If you think that Ash.J.Williams was implying that the producer is "the band", then you'd want to have a deep, meaningful look at yourself, before you go throwing insults like dim witted around.

To us adults, what he was saying was that the producer has a vested interest in the sales of the new album, and therefore will big it up, and such comments can be taken with a pinch of salt.

You said "that's beside the point". Can you say what exactly is beside the point?

• Advertisement

Tut tut - If you think that Ash.J.Williams was implying that the producer is "the band", then you'd want to have a deep, meaningful look at yourself, before you go throwing insults like dim witted around.

To us adults, what he was saying was that the producer has a vested interest in the sales of the new album, and therefore will big it up, and such comments can be taken with a pinch of salt.

You said "that's beside the point". Can you say what exactly is beside the point?

Of course the producer has a vested interest, that isn't in doubt. A producer is not a band member though, which was clearly stated in a post above by Ash.

"To us adults" that gave me a chuckle. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

escalatedquickly.jpeg etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Interesting stuff, will it be seen as nostalgia or will it be the chance for Faith No More to produce something breathtakingly refreshing yet again. If it's the latter then I have to feel sorry for the guys they inspired. Schooled yet again.

Roddy Bottum
    tonight was the first performance of CONE OF SHAME. it felt good to do that in Tokyo to rectify the wreckage of last night's tumult. HUG.

Until it gets heavy, it has a hint of Spinal Tap's Stonehenge don't you think?

Sounds great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Not enough of The Real Thing for my liking, but maybe we all prefer the album we first listen to.

Not enough of The Real Thing for my liking, but maybe we all prefer the album we first listen to.

Apparently Roddy's keyboard had a problem the first night so they ended up playing songs where the keyboard wasn't as important to the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

You know someone has made it when he gets his own signature instrument:

(I would love one, but I'd also like to put down a deposit on a flat some day. Zon basses, with their carbon fibre necks, are very expensive.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

New FNM track Superhero

Advertisement