Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Wallet problem

• 20-01-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Needed to setup an Android Market account it seems
    We're sorry. Your profile contains an invalid address

I have tried everything here, think the problem may be the last two lines

Near Cork
    Cork

Works for everything else, can I buy an app via paypall?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

It's a bug, you have to add the card via a pc

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

well i can confirm that many Irish addresses don't work via pc too, it is usually because some dumb filters of street name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just ran into this problem now. So how do you get around it?

Edit: Nevermind, I just went to the google wallet site and set it up there instead of in the marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I've just run into this, and despite trying every combination of address that I can think of, I can't get past the error. Weird thing is, I was able to do this before, but now that my credit card has expired, I can't manage to add my new one. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FishD

Hmm,
    First time to register, but having the exact same problem. No issues with Itunes, but Market place cant register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Have you tried registering directly in wallet.google.com instead of through the android market?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FishD

Thanks for the reply. Yes registered with google.wallet, worked fine. Got my first paid android app. 'tasker'

Cheers

Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cqms13

how do you get around the 'not available in your country' message on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I had the exact same problem when going through Android Marketplace either on the phone or on the web.

"We're sorry. Your profile contains an invalid address"

It's a bog-standard street address, just a number and street name, Bray, Co. Wicklow, nothing funny in there at all.

Going through the Google Wallet site (https://google.wallet.com) though it worked first time. Strange.

am registered fine on the pc - credit card registered etc address all ok but when i open the app on my phone i get the 'not available...' message.

is anyone in ireland using the google wallet app on their phone?

if so, how are you bypassing this message?

cheers

• Advertisement

cqms13 wrote: »
    am registered fine on the pc - credit card registered etc address all ok but when i open the app on my phone i get the 'not available...' message.

is anyone in ireland using the google wallet app on their phone?

if so, how are you bypassing this message?

cheers

ive never heard of the google wallet app

subway wrote: »
    ive never heard of the google wallet app

read here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1365360

Did you read that link?
    Now, what needs to happen next depends on where you are:
    I'm not in the US!
    If you're NOT in the US, you'll need to be rooted. Grab Market Enabler from the Android Market and install it.
    Run Market Enabler and set yourself as "US T-Mobile".
    Now follow the US instructions.

Did you read that link?

sorry - should have clarified.....

wallet app is setup fine with market enabler and even got the 10 dollars free:D

question is has anyone got the app to continue to work without market enabler

If it's anything like it was when there was no market here, you will need to run market enable at every boot

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

So now that this announcement has been made, will those terminals work with Google Wallet?

I know it'll need market enabler to get it working on the phone, but is there anything to stop it working with the cards you put onto Wallet?

Like regional settings, restrictions on the terminals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭measurement

I've managed to download apps to my new phone (Xperia U) when they are free. Both of the apps that I want to purchase show up as being compatible, but when I get to the point of download, they say there is a problem 'download declined'.
    I think its something to do with the payment (I've registered a cr card with Google Wallet ok) but I can't figure it out. Tried to download from the phone, and from pc.
    Have I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 misseshogan

I have just recieved an email from google, i have attached a screen shot, i have never used google wallet so i am afraid to click the link in case its a scam, what exactly is it??
    Thanx in advance, Sarah...

seems legit, but to be safe, dont click the link in the email.
    just go to https://wallet.google.com/manage/ directly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

seems legit, but to be safe, dont click the link in the email.
    just go to https://wallet.google.com/manage/ directly

This happened me when I purchased the Nexus 5 phone from Google Play. The phone shipped ok and about 2 days later I think they noticed I wasn't in the UK so sent that email. I had an issue with the phone and had to return it so had to scan in my passport and bank statement. A phone bill wasn't accepted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement