Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumours of Sabbats for next year....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

heard on Facebook that Tara Feeney is running for President

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

ryanf1 wrote: »
    heard on Facebook that Tara Feeney is running for President

I'm waiting for confirmation that that wasn't a frape before I believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭johnryano

tara is definitely not running

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

johnryano wrote: »
    tara is definitely not running
    How do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bambismom

Seeing as nominations are soon to open, has anyone actually heard any rumours about who is running? Usually by this time there are about twenty different names floating about. This year seams to be a bit on the light side.

Here is what I have heard through the grapevine:

President - Aoife Kenny, Adam Moursy

Welfare - Eamonn Boland, Tighearnan Noonan

Education - Paddy Rockett

• Advertisement

bambismom wrote: »
    Welfare -Tighearnan Noonan

Spoke to him in the past few minutes, he's not running for Welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

Education - Paddy Rockett

O. Dear. Lord.

Also, Kenny V Moursy would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tighearnan

I'm running ? Ya learn something new everyday :)

Cadroc wrote: »
    O. Dear. Lord.

As do I. both would be quite competent in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Cadroc wrote: »
    O. Dear. Lord.

I think Adam Moursy would beat her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Tighearnan Noonan would be wasted as Welfare Officer. He should run for president. He would win by a landslide, only man for the job in many peoples eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I wonder will Paddy Power take bets? I've a few tips I'd hedge mine on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

Only reading this thread now, completely missed all the fun of a few weeks ago :(

Ah well, only a week to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Spoke to him in the past few minutes, he's not running for Welfare.

HE MUST RUN FOR PRESIDENT. HE WILL MAKE UL THE BEST UNIVERSITY IN THE WORLD
    TIGHEARNAN FOR PRESIDENT 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

And so it begins, one candidate going about with a nomination form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Who? And are they wearing a silly hat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yuppy700

David Hartery took out a form for ULSU President and has been collecting signatures all afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Belly OS

I really hope everyone wears Silly Hats through Week 9, regardless of the motion being passed or not :D May have to come up for the week and wear one for utter laugh of it anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leaoj

Heard dave hartery, aoife Kenny and Adam Moursey are all going for president.

Think Moursey would be a great president, big clubs and socs vote behind him as well, would be some battle between him and kenny of them. i'd say moursey would edge it.
    have to admit i have had only a handful of dealings with dave but don't think he'd be up the job. not much by way of a personality, reminds me of the ginger lad from last yr, very introverted not very sociable.

Not much news on the other two seats, heard deirdre wilson is definitely going for welfare and paddy rockett for education. wilson picked up her application form today according to sources in the SU.

Leaoj can you declare any allegiance? Moursey seems like bit of a jack the lad character don't know if he'd be suitable for the professional rigeurs of president.

Aoife kenny on the other hand is little miss professional I would have no doubts about her suitabity. Probably the only sabbatical officer not to disgrace themselves this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 NewShoes

Aoife kenny on the other hand is little miss professional I would have no doubts about her suitabity. Probably the only sabbatical officer not to disgrace themselves this year.

I would also say that Tara did a fantastic job this year, and I most certainly would not say she was in any way, shape or form a 'disgrace'

On a side not - Over heard today that Lily Carroll took a form out!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Oxford_

Isn't she the one who made false accusations against Patrick Rockett?

If so, she certainly did disgrace herself.

No I don't think kenny was on record saying anything about rockett. I won't comment on the welfare officer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leaoj

I may have a horse in the welfare race. If/when that person makes the decision to run I will declare my allegiance. My candidate is not deirdre wilson I can state.

I have no affiliation or allegiance to any of the proposed education or presidential candidates.

Can't comment on this years sabbat team, engaged with kenny a handful of times; little mrs professional she may be but can't say she struck me as little mrs personality.

Moursey is very competent I gather from grapevine word boomeranging from clubs and socs and ul rugby society. studying law as well i gather so perhaps he may have a bit more decorum and self restraint than some of the other lot that held office this year.

wonder has hartery much of a team put together. can't see him having much backing. he's up against two powerhouses in kenny and moursey who will have serious su and c&s backing.

all in all, a good two weeks lined up ahead of us.

Well at least with kenny you can be guaranteed she'll look the part. She always dresses impeccably. Politics is like the restaurant business presentation is 90% of it. Always wears designer broga too

leaoj wrote: »
    Heard deirdre wilson is definitely going for welfare and paddy rockett for education. wilson picked up her application form today according to sources in the SU.

Wilson did not pick up her application form in the SU today. Wilson was not even in the SU today! Trust me, I would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I saw Kony in the Union today picking up a form for president.....

Wilson did not pick up her application form in the SU today. Wilson was not even in the SU today! Trust me, I would know.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

I saw Paddy Rockett and David Hartery with a form today. I know Dave is running for President (as I signed his form), but am I right to assume that Paddy's running for the same thing?

Pretty sure the Election and Referendum Board will have something to say about the fact Kony's campaign started a week ago. Name is everywhere by now.... other contenders should just bow out really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Whose campaign are you referring to?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement