Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Davies on QI

• 03-03-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever noticed just how much joke stealing Alan Davies does on QI? He's very likeable, but the more I watch it the more I notice this. So many times you see people setting up a joke only for him to come in and "steal" it. Is this bad comedian etiquette?

Actually, just add to that interrupting and talking over others! He's actually quite rude!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I noticed this. He also has a habit of miming the actions to a joke that was just made, which stops anyone else from being able to do anything until he's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

I was actually just watching an episode there and I noticed him doing it to Jeremy Clarkson.

It is kinda rude alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I was actually just watching an episode there and I noticed him doing it to Jeremy Clarkson.

It is kinda rude alright.

Thats literally what prompted me to post this. Clarkson set up a joke and Davies comes in and delivers the punchline. You could actually see that Clarkson was annoyed by it!

Advertisement