Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mail App - Deleting emails

Options
  • 20-02-2015 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having an issue with my gmail account in the Mail app on my Mac and just wondering does anyone know the quickest way to permanently delete emails. What happens at the moment is

- Email comes and in and gets deleted when I'm finished with it.
    - It goes to the Trash.
    - However it is also in the 'Archive' folder.
    - When I empty the trash it goes from there but remains in the Archive folder.
    - So i delete it again from the archive and it goes again to the trash and I have to empty the trash again.

So basically I'm having to delete a message twice before it actually gets removed from my Mac.

Any ideas how I can stop it remaining in the Archive after it is deleted? Is it something I need to change in the Mail app or in Gmail itself? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Have a look in preferences in the mail and change them to suit you.

Advertisement