Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BULBS!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    what's on in the stables?

This.

Could be a laugh. Still undecided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

haha intercourse party.

best name ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Wasn't feeling too bad until you started saying,
    "Sadly I've nothing better to do" and "Lonely boardsies"
    Like a ton of bricks now,
    Chris you lonely bástard, go out and drown your sorrows...
    Least I'm not wallowing on my own :)
    Spent more on alcohol this week than food for the past 3/4!
    Yesterday, tonight, Wed? (surely not though), Thur and 19th on Saturday...
    Must get a time turner (Harry Potter fans) and even then I won't have enough time...
    Ah the joys..
    Imagine if I had a job!

having a job is dangerous in college i spend way too much money on things i shouldn't if i was unemployed i'd be responsible and my liver and lungs would thank me. :pac: although i'm joking of course whiskey fags and chicken rolls nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Wasn't feeling too bad until you started saying,
    "Sadly I've nothing better to do" and "Lonely boardsies"
    Like a ton of bricks now,
    Chris you lonely bástard, go out and drown your sorrows...
    Least I'm not wallowing on my own :)
    Spent more on alcohol this week than food for the past 3/4!
    Yesterday, tonight, Wed? (surely not though), Thur and 19th on Saturday...
    Must get a time turner (Harry Potter fans) and even then I won't have enough time...
    Ah the joys..
    Imagine if I had a job!

I squealed at the part where you said Time turner.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Scholars or Stables.. or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Scholars or Stables.. or both?

I'll be alternating between the two. A friend from Mary Dry's going to the hypnotist in the Stables..... but it's Hermitage Green!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    I'll be alternating between the two. A friend from Mary Dry's going to the hypnotist in the Stables..... but it's Hermitage Green!

Ooooh friend! Mary I friend! :pac:

Yeah, I'd say I'll be alternating as well. Until it gets to that point in the night where walking the distance between Stables and Javas is an impossibility.

does hypnotist thing have a door charge?

does hypnotist thing have a door charge?

Fiver. Tickets at SU reception.

• Advertisement

fiver for mumbo jumbo. scholars it is.
    anybody have a car and fancy making a trip to the offie?:P

fiver for mumbo jumbo. scholars it is.
    anybody have a car and fancy making a trip to the offie?:P

Just picked up a litre of Jager there. On foot. :pac: Was gonna buy beer but needed something my friend would drink too plus you cant fit a case of beer in a handbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Fiver. Tickets at SU reception.

112.jpg

Seriously, normally I would go to these events, but I need to save as much money as possible.

twill be beer for me. last time i had jager i ended up climbing over a stairs banister with a fender tele strapped to my back and walking along it. needless to say me and jager havent talked since.

offlicences y u no closer to dromroe?!

twill be beer for me. last time i had jager i ended up climbing over a stairs banister with a fender tele strapped to my back and walking along it. needless to say me and jager havent talked since.

offlicences y u no closer to dromroe?!

Ah shur tis only a 15 minute walk to the offie out in Singland(think that's what it's called). And you can get Supermacs while you're there!

I am quite hungry maybe i will . see if i can get an employee discount :pac:

Have an off license a stones throw from my house,
    Fine Wines no less!
    If I'd a decent throw I could hit two supermarkets,
    A Dominoes, Supermac-type place, a chipshop, a chinese, an indian and a McDonalds :)
    Only used the off license though :P
    Try to avoid spirits myself,
    Although yesterday there were these glowing blue and red ones for half price,
    Needless to say I bought them..
    Jager is one of few that agrees with me,
    Vodka however...
    I'd chance my arm trying to tame a rabid dog whilst covered it meat and kicking its puppies before chancing vodka on a night out again...
    Best drinking in the house..
    Can confine it to the one place then :)

I'm partial to Red Aftershock myself... it's horrendously expensive though. 40quid for 70CL.
    Jager is the job. Can't go far wrong when drinking that. (except when you drink 70CL straight in the space of 2 hours.... then things go badly wrong.... true story. :pac: )
    Vodka serves one purpose and one purpose only, getting me drunk enough so that I can enjoy myself in a nightclub environment.
    Also quite fond of Kopparberg.... really tasty stuff. 5quid a bottle in stables, worth it though imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I'm glad I'm not going out drinking with you guys..I'd be on the floor after two cans or something...and don't even talk to me about vodka..I'm terrible :p

You'd want to be on a dcotors salary to be drinking Red Aftershock on a regular basis,
    Has a distinct flavour,
    Not horrible but by no means nice..
    Captain Morgans was my spirit before,
    Before I ruined it for myself..

Usually near the end of the night when someone announces they're doing shots, who's joining them...

They know...

Ah there's always someone worse than you in most cases...
    Yet to heed the Drink Sensibly posters and booklets...
    Some day... :)

• Advertisement

is red aftershock the stuff that tastes like the atomic fireball sweets?

This thread has more posts in 26 days, than the "Info about Courses in UL" thread, which started March '09
    Well done lads.. :P

is red aftershock the stuff that tastes like the atomic fireball sweets?

That's the one!

That stuff is Daycent as Limerick people are inclined to say

Change the c to a k,
    And the e to a u,
    And you're in Cork territory :P

Also quite fond of Kopparberg.... really tasty stuff. 5quid a bottle in stables, worth it though imho.

I love Koppaberg but not worth 5 quid! Not when you can get Fosters for €3. I just love beer. Nom.

say
    "ah lad that drink is a pure demon"
    and you're in my sunny part of tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Try to avoid spirits myself,
    Although yesterday there were these glowing blue and red ones for half price,
    Needless to say I bought them..
    )

Where did you pick them up?

Cawcheen wrote: »
    I love Koppaberg but not worth 5 quid! Not when you can get Fosters for €3. I just love beer. Nom.

I can't/won't drink beer. Hate the taste. Cider and spirits FTW. And Kopparberg is a celebratory drink. Had about 5 bottles of it after finishing the summer exams last year, along with all the other stuff I was drinking... ended up passing out at 10pm...... good times! :pac:

The heartbreaking moment when the bottle of Aftershock you'd spent 40 quid on not 6 hours earlier gets robbed from your house during a house party. :(

• Advertisement

say
    "ah lad that drink is a pure demon"
    and you're in my sunny part of tipp
    Defo going to Tipp on a night out now,
    Hunting for that phrase :P
    Where did you pick them up?
    Castletroy Fine Wines Off License,
    Across from The Lodge.
    The heartbreaking moment when the bottle of Aftershock you'd spent 40 quid on not 6 hours earlier gets robbed from your house during a house party. :(
    I'd strap the ****er onto me,
    Or pour some into a bottle of 25cl bottle or two and leave rest at home..
    Happened to me before too but nothing that expensive!

Advertisement