Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

browsing issues on macbook pro

• 05-02-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm running OSX 10.7.5 and Safari as my browser. Lately my browser fails to 'connect' or freezes… but I'm still connected to wifi as I can use my iPhone no bother. I have tried different browsers but its the same with firefox and chrome. When it happens I have to close the application and even sometimes I have to restart my macbook pro.
    Is there anything i can do to try and resolve this issue as its becoming really difficult to work
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Can you update the OS to the latest, 10.10.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

is there not a fair few issues with Maverick?
    if not is it a case of just updating free through apple?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yosemite is the latest OS and issues appear to be few. I certainly have no issues with the OS.

Yep, just open App Store and click update or click the Apple logo in the top Right hand corner > About this Mac > Software Update.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Try changing safaris settings to use Googles DNS servers instead of the default ones.
    Mac OS X v10.5 or later:
    From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
    From the View menu, choose Network.
    Click the interface you use to connect to the Internet, such as AirPort or Built-in Ethernet.
    If you use Built-in Ethernet: Type your DNS address(es) in the DNS Server field. If you have more than one, separate them with a comma.
    If you use AirPort, click Advanced, then click the DNS tab. For each server, click the "+" button under DNS Servers and enter the address provided by your ISP or network admin. Click OK when done.
    Click Apply.
    Mac OS X v10.4 or earlier:
    From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
    From the View menu, choose Network.
    From the Show menu, choose the interface you use to connect to the Internet.
    Click the TCP/IP tab.
    Type your DNS address in the Domain Name Servers field. If you have more than one, press Return at the end of each to put the next address on a new line.
    Click Apply Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mocathain

rename the system configuration folder in the users library to system configuration.old and restart your mac.
    The sys config folder contains all the network settings. The folder and settings will be re created after reboot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement