Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Just cancelled sub. For good this time I think.
    WoD was great for leveling... the first time. Quest line was excellent. Best of all expansions I think.

But I think I'm just done with the game having played since vanilla.

Garrisons were a great addition but now feel like a grind. Log in, mine / herb / collect mission rewards, open salvage, upgrade followers, send new missions, log off.

I think I've logged in once, maybe twice in the last month. It just no longer appeals to me. :(

Might give the new FFXIV expansion a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Killrog Mythic downed last night. Not a bad second week to my new guild.

Unfortunately for me, be it pressuring myself or tunnel visioning mythic mechanics, my DPS has been ****, and I got benched after the kill for Gorefiend progress. Really need to step up this week. Would be ideal if my shipyard gave me my legendary map so I could get legendary ring.

Also in this weird space where I'm trialing on my mage, but they actually want my warlock(who I need to gear by myself)

Weird times

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Noxin wrote: »
    Just cancelled sub. For good this time I think.
    WoD was great for leveling... the first time. Quest line was excellent. Best of all expansions I think.

But I think I'm just done with the game having played since vanilla.

Garrisons were a great addition but now feel like a grind. Log in, mine / herb / collect mission rewards, open salvage, upgrade followers, send new missions, log off.

I think I've logged in once, maybe twice in the last month. It just no longer appeals to me. :(

I know the feeling, Noxin. i stopped playing wow like 2 or 3 months and i'm not missing it. For me it is not what it used to be. I used to have lots of fun even while lvling alts and now i can't even bother myself doing that anymore.

Going to give a try to GW2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

TheDoc wrote: »
    Killrog Mythic downed last night. Not a bad second week to my new guild.

Unfortunately for me, be it pressuring myself or tunnel visioning mythic mechanics, my DPS has been ****, and I got benched after the kill for Gorefiend progress. Really need to step up this week. Would be ideal if my shipyard gave me my legendary map so I could get legendary ring.

Also in this weird space where I'm trialing on my mage, but they actually want my warlock(who I need to gear by myself)

Weird times

Thats the problem with those high pressure raiding events, you focus way to hard on the perfect rotation and lose the flow of the fight.

I remember back in WOTLK where i tried way to hard to nail down the perfect rotation on the Lich King that my DPS was abysmal. Once i got the flow of it i found it much easier to up my DPS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Vicxas wrote: »
    Thats the problem with those high pressure raiding events, you focus way to hard on the perfect rotation and lose the flow of the fight.

I remember back in WOTLK where i tried way to hard to nail down the perfect rotation on the Lich King that my DPS was abysmal. Once i got the flow of it i found it much easier to up my DPS

You should have been nailing that down long before fighting a boss. Especially the LK!

• Advertisement

Yeah went back in this reset and was much more comfortable, confident and my DPS was much better.

Had a yap with the officers the other night anyway, and they want me to move to my Warlock since they are sweating for one, and dont really need a mage.

More change for me !

irishmover wrote: »
    You should have been nailing that down long before fighting a boss. Especially the LK!

That's what i get for fiddling with my rotation mid raid

So passed my trial with new guild, who are currently 9/13 Mythic (might actually be 10)

I'm 6/13 myself. Was happy enough to pass my trial considering I swopped back to my Warlock, who I didn't play since BRF, so there was a massive gearing gap. But they seemed happy enough with what they saw. Probably me not giving out about all the bench time I had :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

Sorry to bring up an old thread but this seemed like the best place to put thi. gave up on WOW towards the end of Warlords of Draener when trying to get my flying skill just became to much. Currently back in the game with a lvl 100 rogue but finding Draener tough going after taking the break. No idea where I am with garrison and i have only Shadowmoon vally and Tannan Jungle that I have not quested much in.

Im not big on raiding of and maily just PvE. Should I just head for Legion and forget about the content I have not seen in Draener???

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Glebee wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but this seemed like the best place to put thi. gave up on WOW towards the end of Warlords of Draener when trying to get my flying skill just became to much. Currently back in the game with a lvl 100 rogue but finding Draener tough going after taking the break. No idea where I am with garrison and i have only Shadowmoon vally and Tannan Jungle that I have not quested much in.

Im not big on raiding of and maily just PvE. Should I just head for Legion and forget about the content I have not seen in Draener???

It really depends on if you want to see it or not now. Personal preference and all that jazz.

If you go with the grind to get WoD Flying, it might burn you out going in to Legion since you would just be doing it all over again with the new content for Legion Flying.

• Advertisement

If I just upgraded to Legion would I still have to do the WoD flying achievement or would I just skip to Legion flying. The WoD one is a complete pain at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Glebee wrote: »
    If I just upgraded to Legion would I still have to do the WoD flying achievement or would I just skip to Legion flying. The WoD one is a complete pain at the moment..

Yes, WoD Flying is it's own beast. Legion won't give it to you in anyway.

jabberwock wrote: »
    Yes, WoD Flying is it's own beast. Legion won't give it to you in anyway.

going to stick with Draenoe pathfinder achivement, ill only regret it after if I skip it, ill never come back to redo it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

ETA: Mods, apologies, I've likely posted this in the wrong thread, please move or delete if required.

I've actually signed back up just to play around with the game for a bit, I like the fact that they include all content up to the previous expansion as part of standard subscription.

I've not played since probably 2011, would have been likely raiding in Cata at the time, it was a little sad when I logged in and looked at friends list, all of them were offline for months, I'm guessing a lot of people just dropped out of the game.

I've a few level 85 characters, where would you folks recommend I start working on them? I presume pandaland? (my main was previously a resto night elf druid, I'll need to go balance or feral to level up).

Or any good sites you'd recommend to help out?

Thanks in advance

ETA: Mods, apologies, I've likely posted this in the wrong thread, please move or delete if required.

I've actually signed back up just to play around with the game for a bit, I like the fact that they include all content up to the previous expansion as part of standard subscription.

I've not played since probably 2011, would have been likely raiding in Cata at the time, it was a little sad when I logged in and looked at friends list, all of them were offline for months, I'm guessing a lot of people just dropped out of the game.

I've a few level 85 characters, where would you folks recommend I start working on them? I presume pandaland? (my main was previously a resto night elf druid, I'll need to go balance or feral to level up).

Or any good sites you'd recommend to help out?

Thanks in advance

Welcome back!

Yeah at 85 you can head off to Pandaria, but you'll get to 90 in the first starting area, then its off to Draenor.

For leveling you can head to www.icyveins.com thats the go to place for a good leveling guide.

What server are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Welcome back!

Yeah at 85 you can head off to Pandaria, but you'll get to 90 in the first starting area, then its off to Draenor.

For leveling you can head to www.icyveins.com thats the go to place for a good leveling guide.

What server are you on?

Hey Vicxas, thanks for the welcome and website suggestion :)

I'll have a gander at the site and hopefully will get back in the swing of things soon enough.

Am over on the Hellfire server, Alliance side.

Think I have some lower level characters on other servers but Jaysus knows which ones, been so long I honestly can't remember, nearly sure I had some low level Horde chars on another server, just wanted to see what the game was like from their perspective.

Hey Vicxas, thanks for the welcome and website suggestion :)

I'll have a gander at the site and hopefully will get back in the swing of things soon enough.

Am over on the Hellfire server, Alliance side.

Think I have some lower level characters on other servers but Jaysus knows which ones, been so long I honestly can't remember, nearly sure I had some low level Horde chars on another server, just wanted to see what the game was like from their perspective.

Jaysus didnt even think they had people on Hellfire anymore :P :)

Throw me an add on BNET and i can give you a dig out sometime. Vicxas#2314 im on Argent Dawn - Alliance.

Advertisement