Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BHAA 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

thanks, I like the sound of that, and the rabbit/hare nature of it appeals to my competitive side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Make your way on Wednesday next (21/03) to Malahide Rugby Club for our final cross country race of the season & probably the only flood lit, spiky footed event on the calendar. This North Country Farmers 5k is a combined run with an 8pm start. Mick Coyle, Brian Coleman & Paul Gleeson were the pick of the men last year while Aoife Byrne, Fiona Mahon & Vanessa Salier set the pace in the Ladies. :cool:

The ultimate car window sticker is available free of charge (unless you want to make a grand donation?) on Wednesday evening at the 5k floodlit cross country race in Malahide. It glows in the dark, is more prestigious than a Jaguar emblem on your car & can be used in most ATMs.:cool:

Good race this evening. For a course consisting of two rugby pitches there is a fair bit of hills to be run up. The drag from the bottom corner of pitch 1 to pitch 2 was tough enough.

Had to leave early but was there for the first plate of sandwiches. Chicken wraps no less. Those North county farmers are a posh bunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Yeah really enjoyed it aswell and although they were only little hills I really struggled up them, everyone was taking me on them. Well done Bhaa

• Advertisement

Wonderful evening for running in Malahide Rugby club in the final cross country event of the season. A big thanks to Paul Barnwell, NCF, the BHAA crew and the 160 runners who wanted to glow in the dark. Better times to come now with the spikes confined to the attic until October!

Woddle wrote: »
    Yeah really enjoyed it aswell and although they were only little hills I really struggled up them, everyone was taking me on them. Well done Bhaa

Good to see you again, apologies for that final sprint (with a broken toe!).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Roll on the summer league :)
    but I wanted to ask about this bit -
    AJCOT wrote: »
    Better times to come now with the spikes confined to the attic until October!

for the Trinity track races, can you/should you wear 3mm spikes? Since it's a grass track, are short XC spikes okay? Or is it strictly track spikes and road shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

An enjoyable end to the cross country season. Expected it to be flat but there were two sharp hills. Very impressive spread afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Good to see you again, apologies for that final sprint (with a broken toe!).

Yeah you timed it well for sure, I actually thought we had another lap to go (sore loser talk :D ) and it was only when I was approaching the turn that I copped it, so I went all out and I managed to take two bodies but just couldn't get you. I'll be keeping a closer eye on you in the next one :D

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    Roll on the summer league :)
    but I wanted to ask about this bit -

for the Trinity track races, can you/should you wear 3mm spikes? Since it's a grass track, are short XC spikes okay? Or is it strictly track spikes and road shoes?

Very good point, they might prove handy if it was wet but generally the grass in Trinity has been of golf green quality, I've ask the better runners & get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Another great race organised by Paul Barnwell and the BHAA, special thanks to all the volunteers who worked so hard on the night.

Get to St.Anne's Park Raheny on the last day of the month (Saturday 31/03) for the Dublin City Council 4(11.30) & 2 mile (11.00) races plus the start of the summer league. Last year, Simon Ryan, Paul Fleming and Paul Buckley were the top three men home. In the ladies race, Aoife Byrne, Mary Hanley and Fiona Mahon were first, second and third past the orange wagon. If you need any further information contact Jim Kelly 8166720, Kevin O'Connell 2222351 or Coilin O'Reilly 086 3835029.

A huge well done & congratulations to the Cork BHAA who celebrated their 30th year this weekend. Best wishes for an even brighter future from all members in Dublin and beyond. Thanks for the incredibly warm welcome & the boundless hospitality shown to all members from this branch who made the trip down south.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

A huge well done & congratulations to the Cork BHAA who celebrated their 30th year this weekend. Best wishes for an even brighter future from all members in Dublin and beyond. Thanks for the incredibly warm welcome & the boundless hospitality shown to all members from this branch who made the trip down south.:)

It was a tired trip back up to Dublin in the heat yesterday for some folk by all accounts! Some were blaming the clocks going forward but I'm a little dubious! Sounds like it was a great night, congrats to Cork BHAA

runrabbit wrote: »
    It was a tired trip back up to Dublin in the heat yesterday for some folk by all accounts! Some were blaming the clocks going forward but I'm a little dubious! Sounds like it was a great night, congrats to Cork BHAA

Think I know the duo you're referring to, their dance routines will long be remembered in Cork & somewhat overshadowed the celebrations. Well done in Dunboyne!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Think I know the duo you're referring to, their dance routines will long be remembered in Cork & somewhat overshadowed the celebrations. Well done in Dunboyne!

Thanks, I'm not a fan of the heat so I took it handy enough. That's enough racing for me for a wee while, I'll hopefully be feeling rested and energetic for the K Club. I'll also be keeping my fingers crossed for a frosty morning!

The weather forecast is for a dry Saturday with temperatures a few degrees below what we're currently enjoying, perfect conditions for a PB in the park.

Well organised race today and the weather didn't dissapoint. Roasting hot sunshine for the whole of the men's race!

Thanks to DCC for organising the race.

I think I might have just creeped in under 5min per km for the 4 miles which I'll be chuffed about especially as I had already done a 13km l/s/r that morning. Fingers crossed and I'll be checking the results as soon as they are out.

+1
    Well done to DCC, a well-organised race, nice route through the park, and loads of brack afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Nothing like brack and tea after a race. Good job as always by the BHAA and its a great course.

Wonderful races in a sunny St.Anne's Park earlier with sparkling winning times of 10.48 in the womens 2 miler & 19.45 for the 4 mile mens. We had 285 runners out & a huge thanks to Jim Kelly, all at Dublin City Council, Paul O'Connell & the BHAA crew plus the Lord Mayor for presenting the prizes. A great way & day to start the summer league. :)

Results were out superfast too, well done to all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

+1. 1st time doing a bhaa race for me. This is definitely not my comfort zone. Flat, short and fast, but I was very happy with my race. Once it started all my pre-race niggles were forgotten about for 24 mins :) Standard is pretty hot near the top. Great run by Eoin Flynn.

Big thanks to the DCC,BHAA & all the volunteers for another fantastic race.

The ladies race was a real cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I clocked 6.5k for this? It was my first 4 miler so its a PB for me in any event but did anyone else find it long?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

+1 to all the above - another top notch event for the BHAA.
    I clocked 6.5k for this? It was my first 4 miler so its a PB for me in any event but did anyone else find it long?
    6.41k for me!

4 miles and 28 metres for me - spot on.

The only way to get near the correct distance is to run on the race line that the course was measured on. I see one person on GC got 4.00 and another got 3.99, I myself got 4.06, I took the long route :(...still got a course PB by 2 minutes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

My first bhaa race. Well organised but my timing wasn't included in the official results which is a little annoying.

It was 3.99mile for me.

Advertisement