Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jenkins and Selenium Webdriver knowledge

• 29-04-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hey Guys,
    So i have two builds that i need to run a suite of automated tests on. I currently have Jenkins and Selenium running for one of the builds, but now i need to run it for a second build. Do you know if its possible to just duplicate it and point it to the second built or if its even possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    So i have two builds that i need to run a suite of automated tests on. I currently have Jenkins and Selenium running for one of the builds, but now i need to run it for a second build. Do you know if its possible to just duplicate it and point it to the second built or if its even possible?

Do you want to run 2 different suite of automated tests in 2 different jobs against the same source? In the jenkins settings you could setup a custom workspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

jester77 wrote: »
    Do you want to run 2 different suite of automated tests in 2 different jobs against the same source? In the jenkins settings you could setup a custom workspace.

Thanks for the reply Jester77 - Sorry i probably didn't explain myself correctly. So i want to use the same suite of tests and run them against another source along with the existing source. And i was wondering if there is a way to take the existing job and duplicate it or if its possible to run the same job for two sources. Apologies I'm just getting use to Jenkins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Jester77 - Sorry i probably didn't explain myself correctly. So i want to use the same suite of tests and run them against another source along with the existing source. And i was wondering if there is a way to take the existing job and duplicate it or if its possible to run the same job for two sources. Apologies I'm just getting use to Jenkins

From the sounds of it, you want to run the tests against a dev branch and a release branch on the same source? You can do this using the relevant SCM plugin. For example, you could clone your existing job and then in the SCM settings set the branch to the relevant branch you want the tests to run against.

Or are the 2 sources totally unrelated, in different repos? And are the tests in their own repo, separate from the sources?

Advertisement