Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Spread wrote: »
    Blasphemy No 1 ......... empathising with mouse

Big Blasphemy No 2. God is asexual. A kind of deified Daniel O D except he doesn't bladder on about his mammy. Hmmmmmmm! Does God have a Mammy?
    Oi!
    You're the only person that can make the Mexican Wave go backwards. Possibly due to the ayaTULLAh Ceilidh Band reading the sheet music from right to left. You know, you could have started a trend here.
    The Daily Press

Riverdance maestro Flatley admits that he was dancing backwards due to computer glitch.

Dont mention god and D o D in the same sentence :p

Thats not a Mexican wave..its a Spanish one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Chucken wrote: »
    :eek: Ramette!!! :D

Heres one for you. We were at a table quiz Thursday night and got a answer right thanks to you!!! (we got lots of answers right..we came 3rd)

The question was "The Diamond is the birthstone of what month"
    I remembered Spreads diamond hunt and you said it was your birthstone.
    Himself put 2 and 2 together and came up with April. :D

Really! In our part of the world .......... when people put 2+2 together ...... they get 4. But however, whatever. Give him a hug from me ....... he may be mentally exhausted. Doing The Siege Of Ennis at the Willie Clancy fest can be daunting. Especialy backwards! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Welcome ruthloss! :) Is this a misspelling/misnomer? Did you superimpose an O on an E? Somehow Ruthless Ruthloss gives a kinda punky name! :D
    Aw Ruthloss,stay here with us,we're all sane ;) even if 1 of the mods likes to throw on a wedding dress now and again-he does look lovely though..and the other mod runs around dressed as a viking in her spare time.

Yep..we're all sane :D

*ps. I make soup for every occasion :cool:

Thanks chaps, the name is a mere slip of the finger, and also a reminder to get my eyes tested.:o

Dont mention god and D o D in the same sentence :p

Thats not a Mexican wave..its a Spanish one!!

Excepcional Rosalia!

Ramette wrote: »

So chucken what delightful soup concoction are we having today?

No cooking today I'm afraid, I'm sitting chatting with my ex mother in law. Heres the view out the window *sigh*

It's a lovely country when the sun shines.

5632839684_8db3d6bfc3.jpg

• Advertisement

Really! In our part of the world .......... when people put 2+2 together ...... they get 4. But however, whatever. Give him a hug from me ....... he may be mentally exhausted. Doing The Siege Of Ennis at the Willie Clancy fest can be daunting. Especialy backwards! :p

We can also count to Potatoe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Spread must be varnishing floors and the fumes have made him delirious!

I am procrastinating.. Someone kick my posterior into gear please

Oh Chucken that is magnificent... Sometimes I do wonder what I am doing living in Dublin....

Oh Chucken that is magnificent... Sometimes I do wonder what I am doing living in Dublin....

It is rather pretty here :cool:
    Have you ever visited this area?

Oh I have, went to college in limerick so went out your neck of the woods a lot and I have a friend living near portroe so I know the area a bit...

• Advertisement

Oh yes, I forgot that. You know it's pretty so :)

Looks sunny too... Cloudy up here and rainy. I can't put the washing out:(

Or mow the lawn. God bless the Irish summer

Ah, we're getting 4 seasons every hour :pac:
    Its teaming rain again now!

No cooking today I'm afraid, I'm sitting chatting with my ex mother in law. Heres the view out the window *sigh*

It's a lovely country when the sun shines.

5632839684_8db3d6bfc3.jpg

Cripes! That's the biggest Bluebell wood that I've ever seen. Bluebell soup anyone? Fricasse de Bluebell de Killaloe? OK, no takers. Here Chucken ........ fling in a few Aubergines to give it a bit of body. How come Percy French didn't write a song about it?
    Ramette! Will say a novena for you ......... for the sun to shine on your clothesline.
    Must go to the village landfill with a truck load of rubbish. Then a quick bite ....... forget it. I thought the Spain Italy match was on today ......... then I've got to mow the lawn :( I'll tell ya ...... when we move into the house (acre and a half) I'm going to insist on a goat and a donkey joining us. FT for a game of soldiers!

You will have to get two donkeys Spread. They need the company. And would save you from having to mow the one and a half acres

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

What is going on with the place, Ramette trying to sell donkeys to Spread, Chucken not making soup, Spread giving out recipes for bluebell and his toe soup

I am confuffled now..

Evening Rube
    My chores are done and I am contemplating what to have for dinner (very inconsiderate of chucken not to make soup today)
    So Rube what's new with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭Alice1

Rubecula wrote: »
    What is going on with the place, Ramette trying to sell donkeys to Spread, Chucken not making soup, Spread giving out recipes for bluebell and his toe soup

I am confuffled now..
    Ah no, Ramy is not trying to sell donkeys - it's just that one never has just a single donkey cos they don't like being alone. When I was a girl, my father had a donkey and the donkey always had to have company - like a horse or some sheep or something. Not sure why they have to have company, but they don't like being alone.

OK then. I'll put the feelers out for a donkey that is way up the Asperger's scale. That's that solved. :D And thanks for your timely interjection Alice1. In actual fact I've been scanning Craigslist for a decent secondhand ride on mower and am meeting up with a seller in Belmont tomorrow evening at 5pm ....... so will miss most of the match :(, but if it's a goer Ill save a lot of dosh. He did ask if I could make it for 7am! That's this place for you.
    Goodnight and Good Mowing :)

Well according to *someone* in AH's, the world is ending today :mad:
    Thats a bit annoying, Ive to go to see fireworks later on.

*How's poor Spreads toe?

That *someone* is jumping the gun a little. We all know that it ends on December 21st.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2166375/Second-inscription-confirming-end-date-Mayan-calendar-2012-Guatemala.html

• Advertisement

I now have a vision of spread bombing along mowing his green acres with a donkey, a sheep and two hounds following behind :D

Evening Rube
    My chores are done and I am contemplating what to have for dinner (very inconsiderate of chucken not to make soup today)
    So Rube what's new with you?

Everything seems to be as old as everything else. ..... hmmm maybe a new wrinkle somewhere. I suppose I really should go out and buy some birthday cards for the kiddywinkies.

I might have a bacon butty too :)

I now have a vision of spread bombing along mowing his green acres with a donkey, a sheep and two hounds following behind :D

Poor Ramette! Bless! And she thought it was for mowing the lawn. How do you think I'd get to the off-licence if the truck failed to start :p And what happened to our third hound? :mad:

Beautiful morning here, blue sky, light wind, hounds back in (can't stand the heat) and no manifestation of mice. :D

http://www.romenews-tribune.com/view/full_story/3469078/article-Drunk-man-takes-lawn-mower-to-liquor-store-in-a-snowstorm-to-buy-mor---Bizarre-New

Had my first Ukelele lesson tonight and have decided to book four months of weekly one hour classes for the time being. Don't need to become a virtuoso ..... just want to learn it. I wonder how Va pensiero will go George Formby style :D

Goodnight and Good Strumming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Heres a little something to aim for on the uke. One of my faves is Amanda Palmer (of the Dresden Dolls). She uses the uke a lot and in this video she's playing a cover of Radioheads 'Creep'.

My fingerstips are in agony at the moment from playing a new steel string guitar.

EDIT: Link FAIL. See next thread.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Thank you for that OG. I must say that the breathtaking silence is, well, eerie. The sound version is grrrreat! And what a beautifully strange song.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Did I feck up? Firewalled at the moment so I can't check. I'll fix links tonight. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

But at least you tried to give us oulfolks a little bit of culture. Thank you OG.

Have you finished with the steredent yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭Alice1

Rubecula wrote: »
    But at least you tried to give us oulfolks a little bit of culture. Thank you OG.

Have you finished with the steredent yet?
    Oh yes, meant to say, I've used the last of the Steradent - super for washing my smalls - brings them up really white. So that is not Sterdent in the packet - actually I'm not quite sure what it is. I can't remember what I put in the packet. Might be dishwasher tablets or possibly bath cubes. Probably not rat poison though....

• Advertisement

Schleep in in the morning - 4th July. The forecast is a cook out and a thunderstorm.

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement