Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

it clearly says make sure you check for all emails and if you miss your time you will not be able to repeat

So how are you allowed do it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

it clearly says make sure you check for all emails and if you miss your time you will not be able to repeat

So how are you allowed do it again?

They sent me an email and let me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

They sent me an email and let me :D

oh you must have a "pull" in this recruitment stage ;)

oh you must have a "pull" in this recruitment stage ;)

Unless I'm being covertly groomed for a career in the guards I highly doubt it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Thekid2010

lads I could almost guarantee the majority of people who answered all questions in the aptitude will prob do the worse in terms of scoring because of negative marking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Thekid2010 wrote: »
    lads I could almost guarantee the majority of people who answered all questions in the aptitude will prob do the worse in terms of scoring because of negative marking

Unless they/we got them right...

I got them all answered in the verbal. I guessed 0 so negative marking doesn't worry me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

want2b wrote: »
    It a disgrace, if somebody wanted the job enough they would of made sure to do all exams. Should be hard luck if they didn't do it. It only slowing up the process.

Im guessing quite a few people must have messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Unless they/we got them right...

I got them all answered in the verbal. I guessed 0 so negative marking doesn't worry me :)

Well if you selected an answer that you thought was right but is really wrong, your going to lose marks. Think about the practice tests you did, where you thought an answer was right and turned out to be wrong.

By all means be confident but remember, you probably got some wrong, like us all

Shifty13 wrote: »
    Well if you selected an answer that you thought was right but is really wrong, your going to lose marks. Think about the practice tests you did, where you thought an answer was right and turned out to be wrong.

By all means be confident but remember, you probably got some wrong, like us all

Oh I completely understand that. That was in response to someone saying just because someone finished the tests, they "guarantee" they'd do worse than someone who didn't. I answered them all because I had time to, I didn't go clicking on anything because I was running out of time.

I'm sure I did get a few wrong but I'm also sure that people who took their time and only got 30 or so out of the 42, probably got a few wrong too. I don't think me finishing the test puts me at a disadvantage as that post was suggesting

Thekid2010 wrote: »

That makes no sense.

A person who answers 42 and gets 10 wrong will score higher than someone who answered 20 and got 1 wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Any update people? How's everyone feeling? I'm getting a little impatient myself but good news is we are into feb now :) this is the month !!!

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Any update people? How's everyone feeling? I'm getting a little impatient myself but good news is we are into feb now :) this is the month !!!

I'm waiting on college exam results too, it's a killer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'm waiting on college exam results too, it's a killer!!

Ah good luck :) stressful month for you so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mark37

Anyone know when the results are due out?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Mark37 wrote: »

The end of the month.. this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

ann.lewis wrote: »
    The end of the month.. this month.

Ann.Lewis, sorry I dont think it was asked before, any idea when the results of Stage 1 are due??? :D:D

Mark37 wrote: »

I presume Mark37 means stage 1 results, like you billie.. the end of this month we were told in the info provided prior to the tests.
    Don't forget Feb is a short month ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

In the past was it the very last day of the month that the results were issued ?

I presume Mark37 means stage 1 results, like you billie.. the end of this month we were told in the info provided prior to the tests.
    Don't forget Feb is a short month ;)

Haha, I did know the answer, just buzzing off ya, quite bored today with my sinus and throat infection

billie1b wrote: »
    Haha, I did know the answer, just buzzing off ya, quite bored today with my sinus and throat infection

Oh no :( thats awful. Bet you feel like your eyes are gonna bust out of your head with those blocked sinusis (or whatever way you spell multiple sinus)
    No work for you ? Or gym for a few days then ?
    Or bleep test practice ?

• Advertisement

Oh no :( thats awful. Bet you feel like your eyes are gonna bust out of your head with those blocked sinusis (or whatever way you spell multiple sinus)
    No work for you ? Or gym for a few days then ?
    Or bleep test practice ?

Yeah, my whole head and eyes feel like they're gonna erupt! I hate it, i'd prefer kidney stone pain than this. I dragged myself to training on Tuesday and it wasn't great, have training again tonight, don't know to go or not, might just go and if I have to leave early. Off work for a couple of days

Yeah, my whole head and eyes feel like they're gonna erupt! I hate it, i'd prefer kidney stone pain than this. I dragged myself to training on Tuesday and it wasn't great, have training again tonight, don't know to go or not, might just go and if I have to leave early. Off work for a couple of days

Training might not be a good idea. I trained one time when I had a dose and I only got worse. There is no truth in the "sweat it out" myth im afraid.
    You wanna get better for stage 2 anyway, not worse

Training might not be a good idea. I trained one time when I had a dose and I only got worse. There is no truth in the "sweat it out" myth im afraid.
    You wanna get better for stage 2 anyway, not worse

Its my two hours of the day I escape the 4 kids :D training is like a break for me, even when sick :D think I will give it a miss though, got soaked out with the dogs yesterday, 5 minutes from the house and we were like drowned rats, it didn't help

Its my two hours of the day I escape the 4 kids :D training is like a break for me, even when sick :D think I will give it a miss though, got soaked out with the dogs yesterday, 5 minutes from the house and we were like drowned rats, it didn't help

Defo.. you'll only get worse and you'll regret it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Disco Dub

At last! The waiting is nearly over!!!!!

It says on the publicjobs website .........''the results of Stage 1 tests are expected to issue to candidates by 12 February. Those placed highest will be invited to Stage 2 on-line tests which they must take between noon on 18th and noon on 21st February''.

Looks like there's more online tests the following week for the lucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Disco Dub wrote: »

It says on the publicjobs website .........''the results of Stage 1 tests are expected to issue to candidates by 12 February. Those placed highest will be invited to Stage 2 on-line tests which they must take between noon on 18th and noon on 21st February''.

Might hear something Monday maybe... Thank god the wait is shorter than firstly expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Disco Dub wrote: »

Uh oh, that small timeframe makes me fear that they only chose a small number of people to progress :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Rothmans wrote: »
    Uh oh, that small timeframe makes me fear that they only chose a small number of people to progress :(

The words 'those placed highest' scare the **** outa me aswell, tells me that not all that get 'cut off' do stage two, only highest by merit, might get called for stage two next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

thekopend wrote: »
    The words 'those placed highest' scare the **** outa me aswell, tells me that not all that get 'cut off' do stage two, only highest by merit, might get called for stage two next year

I reckon (hope) 'those placed highest' = the cut off point. It's getting pretty nerve-wracking at this stage. What can ya do though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dalyja1892

Rothmans wrote: »
    I reckon (hope) 'those placed highest' = the cut off point. It's getting pretty nerve-wracking at this stage. What can ya do though

Its just time to pray now and hope we got the highest score but i think that's the wrong way to do it tho u could be good a tests dosent mean ur going to be a good garda

Advertisement