Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Webcomic

• 26-07-2014 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭

Got any favourite webcomics? I'm always looking for new ones to subscribe to in my feedreader (Feedly), besides the usual suspects (xkcd, Bizarro, Dresden Codak). Some like this:

On The Fasttrack

July-26-2014.jpg

PhD Comics:

phd072114s.gif

Square Root of Minus Garfield:

1887.png

and ... Questionable Content. Too big to embed, and would take too long to explain ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A couple more I like:

Savage Chickens:

chickenspideyvsrhino4.jpg

Doug Eat Dog:

07_27_14_6faad7b4abb1b2d55c140042cdba7ff0.jpg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

lfgcomic.com

2007-05-10-42.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

+1 on LFG comic.

CAD Comic was great with the story of Ethan & Lucas

It starts off a bit all over the place but eventually develops into a proper story. Good read. They stopped making it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Perry Bible Fellowship:

PBF262-Dreamcatcher.png

PBF211-Atlantis.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A local one from a Skerries chap - Space Avalanche.

Not to forget Max Cannon's superb Red Meat.

• Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If you can read this, you're too close!

The Joy of Tech:

2028.gif

Imy (who's Swedish, so her name's pronounced "ee-mee"):

2014-07-29_splash.jpg

I'm not going to embed an image from Oglaf, since it's very much NSFW ... :eek:

Also, I'm really enjoying One Way, which an ongoing SF story which you'd best start from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I love this one:
    Corporate Skull

One long-running story I enjoy is Pewfell: "a comic about a medieval wizard, his warrior wife, and the small blue gnome who hates him." ;)

I can't believe I forgot to mention the Laugh Out Loud Cats:

tumblr_n8j992TlVR1tvt977o1_500.jpg

Finally, something different: not a comic, but snarky comments about comics. The Comics Curmudgeon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's very NSFW before anyone opens that in front of the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

There's also misfile http://www.misfile.com/?date=2004-02-27

Long running but I gave up on it a good while back. You'd need to start at the start to follow the storyline.

Not quite a Web comic per se, but I like xkcd what-if
    https://what-if.xkcd.com/archive/

Or one of the oldest http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20080319

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

On a related note. Does anyone know of a good app for reading these Web comics on a smart phone?

KAGY wrote: »
    On a related note. Does anyone know of a good app for reading these Web comics on a smart phone?
    I subscribe to their feeds in Feedly, then sometimes use the Feedly app to read them on my phone.

This one from Sheldon just had me in stiches:

150220_1424470042.png

Also, I don't seem to have mentioned Scary Go Round before. The stories on there are quite insane, the current one involves a reclusive inventor who discovers an alien artifact and accidentally unleases "devilbears" in to the world, prompting hundreds of madmen with shotguns to invade a small rural town. Plus journalists, who are even worse.

20150219.png

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Oh boy, yet another Garfield mashup, but this time a bit more ... Metal. Meet Hetfield:

tumblr_np1jqh1rvy1uwkuyco1_400.jpg

Also, did I mention Dumbing Of Age? It's about a group of college students, going through all the stuff that college students apparently go through, which means that college in the USA is rather weird ...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

electric retard, the worlds greatest comic, sadly no longer online but you can find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

electric retard, the worlds greatest comic, sadly no longer online but you can find it.

I remember that, it was nasty stuff, had a "Banned in Germany" banner on it complete with swastikas! :D

SF author David Brin has posted a list of his favourite webcomics, here. I'm already reading a few of those, including Drive, Galaxion and Brewster Rockit. He also links to his previous list, which has a few we already know about, such as XKCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Our very own Eoin Ryans http://www.spaceavalanche.com/

Clever, hilarious and sometimes deep.

My favourite strip of his.

chinese-lantern-on-black2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Here's a mirror. You've been warned! :p

http://lecatmure.neocities.org/er/er.htm

After that, how about something a bit ... nicer? Bad Machinery is just one of the comics on Scary Go Round, which now has multiple storylines covering the same mad bunch of kids as they go through their teenage years. Quite mad in places.

20090921.png

Advertisement