Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LG G3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

bren2002 wrote: »
    To be honest I don't know what it should say. I just looked at mine and it's gsm/wcdma/lte. Lte is what you want for 4g access. Take it to a meteor store and they'll have you up and running in 10 mins.

I will get a new 4g sim tomorrow. Thanks very much for the info - much appreciated.

I got a new 4g sim card today but still no 4g option on my phone. Disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

This is what I have in mobile networks. I'm not always connected at 4g. Generally it's a city centre thing. Out here in the burbs 3G or H.

This is what I have in mobile networks. I'm not always connected at 4g. Generally it's a city centre thing. Out here in the burbs 3G or H.

I think it might be something to do with the software version on my phone. Hopefully when Android M comes out, that will fix the issue. Thanks

This is me. Stock ota update.

• Advertisement

You could try a factory reset. Just backup your contacts first.

You could try a factory reset. Just backup your contacts first.

Just checked and my software version is V20u-TWN-XX. I bought it from a UK website though. Maybe not compatible with 4g

You're beyond me now I'm afraid. I suspect there is someone out there who could help but it's not me. Twn could be Taiwan? LG support might be able to help, I used them once they're slow but they seem to know what they're talking about.

Either way a factory reset is worth trying.

You're beyond me now I'm afraid. I suspect there is someone out there who could help but it's not me. Twn could be Taiwan? LG support might be able to help, I used them once they're slow but they seem to know what they're talking about.

Either way a factory reset is worth trying.

I will try that. Thanks for your help

My phone is downloading an ota update at the moment. Does anyone know is this marshmallow or is it but fixed? Its 300mb.

• Advertisement

My phone is downloading an ota update at the moment. Does anyone know is this marshmallow or is it but fixed? Its 300mb.

I hope it's marshmallow!

Nope, its a lollipop update.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Just bought one of these on the AliExpress 11.11 sale and I'm excited for it!

It was between that or the Nexus 6 but I'm going to flash stock Lollipop (or hopefully Marshmallow) as soon as I get the phone anyway.

Wahoo!:pac:

Niemoj wrote: »
    Just bought one of these on the AliExpress 11.11 sale and I'm excited for it!

It was between that or the Nexus 6 but I'm going to flash stock Lollipop (or hopefully Marshmallow) as soon as I get the phone anyway.

Wahoo!:pac:

Great choice. Cracking phone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Anyone recommend a good case?

I have this one, sorry about the link but I'm posting from the phone.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HS5LRC0/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

My beloved LG G2, got smashed at the weekend, the G3 is €279 in Argos at the moment, should I pull the trigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    My beloved LG G2, got smashed at the weekend, the G3 is €279 in Argos at the moment, should I pull the trigger?
    1st see if you can find an argos shop that actually has it in stock!

Scruff wrote: »
    1st see if you can find an argos shop that actually has it in stock!

I've booked one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Has any one had a Dizigter and screen replaced?
    Mine has a stupid crack so not working great atm

debating wheter just getting a new phone altogether if its to dear. Phone has afew other issues.
    Contstant rebooting...even after several new batteries

• Advertisement

I did. It was described as a thermal crack on the screen. Basically it was a screen crack that was under the screen if that makes sense.

I had to get it diagnosed by LG support. They are very good but a bit slow and the support site interface is a diasaster.

It probably took a month end to end but they replaced the handset with no issue oncevtbey confirmed the thermal crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

I did. It was described as a thermal crack on the screen. Basically it was a screen crack that was under the screen if that makes sense.

I had to get it diagnosed by LG support. They are very good but a bit slow and the support site interface is a diasaster.

It probably took a month end to end but they replaced the handset with no issue oncevtbey confirmed the thermal crack.

cheers for the reply.

I dont think mine is a thermal crack. Altough i got a sscreen burn a few months ago due to over heating....Lg wouldnt confirm till i sent off the phone to there 3rd party repair centre. So i did...2 weeks later got the phone back un touched with a note saying " purchased from outside the EU", so wasnt there issue.

So rang again and had a disagreement..they assured me they would sort it and book it in...sent it off...3 days later same note, Phone untouched again.

Havent got back onto them since as its out of 1 year warranty and cant afford to keep sending it off.

Weighing up the options with it atm. Been heartache with constant rebooting even after a few batteries so toying with just cutting my loses, even though i love the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

Just updated g3 to Marshmallow
    Running real smooth and fast
    Like a new phone
    Downloaded the polish kdz

Just updated g3 to Marshmallow
    Running real smooth and fast
    Like a new phone
    Downloaded the polish kdz

Where did you download it from? Any issues with the language?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/general/lg-g3-android-marshmallow-discussions-t3216143/page58

You will be able to get all the information here

Language is in English

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anywhere else doing these for sub €300 at the moment?

Herself had her S5 stolen recently so looking for a suitable replacement that won't break the bank. Thnks!

Anywhere else doing these for sub €300 at the moment?

Herself had her S5 stolen recently so looking for a suitable replacement that won't break the bank. Thnks!

So I updated to marshmallow. No lag at all. Battery seems to be much improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Anyone know if these ever come back into stock in Argos and if so is there any idea when? Is it worth checking each night /morning...? :) ta

unreg999 wrote: »
    Anyone know if these ever come back into stock in Argos and if so is there any idea when? Is it worth checking each night /morning...? :) ta

I think you are wasting your time checking the stock all the time. You would be better off purchasing it somewhere else if you are really set on buying one. Argos have not had them in stock in a long time

• Advertisement

max life wrote: »
    I think you are wasting your time checking the stock all the time. You would be better off purchasing it somewhere else if you are really set on buying one. Argos have not had them in stock in a long time

Got mine in Argos approx 3 weeks ago

Advertisement