Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭rameire

is that a wheel at 5 sec

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

rameire wrote: »
    is that a wheel at 5 sec

Indeed it is. Car with hazards on couple of hundred meters further up, might have been theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

Eireann81 wrote: »
    First off, apologies for the horrendous video quality - it's an old dashcam :o
    I wasn't expecting this guy on my commute to work this morning. I often wonder how people manage to get themselves into these situations :confused:

A few of you might remember when I posted the above clip a few weeks ago. Well, after my commute to work this morning, the mystery has been solved... (Again, apologies for the quality of the video)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Firstly, excuse the music.

Secondly, take a look at this absolute lunatic of a lorry driver leaving Xerox in Dundalk at what looks like 40-50kph straight onto a main road without yielding. He went straight through a set of lights on exiting at huge speed, just watch the clouds of dust and the movement of the trailer.

Around the 45 second mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Secondly, take a look at this absolute lunatic of a lorry driver leaving Xerox in Dundalk at what looks like 40-50kph straight onto a main road without yielding. He went straight through a set of lights on exiting at huge speed, just watch the clouds of dust and the movement of the trailer.

Is that you nidge :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Wow, Compton Dundalk looks nice and sunny there. :)

Strange move by the truck driver all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Is it just me or are the lights broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Saw him about six cars back from me. Probably in a hurry to a shiny tracksuit sale. Pulled out into the bus lane, flies through the red, while a whole dual carriage is waiting. Special.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mousewar wrote: »
    Saw him about six cars back from me. Probably in a hurry to a shiny tracksuit sale. Pulled out into the bus lane, flies through the red, while a whole dual carriage is waiting. Special.

You must have some eyesight, i couldnt even see what he/she was wearing while they past :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

kceire wrote: »
    You must have some eyesight, i couldnt even see what he/she was wearing while they past :cool:

Sometimes you don't need to see the shiny tracksuit to know it's there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sometimes you don't need to see the shiny tracksuit to know it's there. :)
    I think that's the same car that jumps reds on the Clonskeagh road sometimes by overtaking in the left turn only lane coming to lights and then flooring it and just merging without warning. If it is, I hate that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I wish I had a dashcam yesterday. I was coming through Newlands Cross inbound yesterday evening in the leftmost lane and just as I reached the far side of the junction a jeep in the second lane started to swerve in on top of me. So I gave a quick beep of the horn, which resulted in cartoon-like jerking from left to right from the driver of the jeep before she pulled in in front of me. I cursed and kept my distance and kept my eye on her.

Not five minutes after that we were both heading northbound on the M50. I got merged in no bother as there were plenty of gaps in the traffic, but the woman in the jeep stayed in the exit lane for another minute or two, before randomly deciding to merge completely without looking and nearly cleaved another car out of it. Only for she realised at the last second and pulled back into her lane there would have been a serious accident as the car she almost hit had nowhere to go.

I know stuff like this happens all the time, but what struck me the most about it was that she had gotten a fright from not using mirrors less than five minutes beforehand. You'd think she'd have learned a lesson but obviously not. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Vojera wrote: »
    I wish I had a dashcam yesterday. I was coming through Newlands Cross inbound yesterday evening in the leftmost lane and just as I reached the far side of the junction a jeep in the second lane started to swerve in on top of me. So I gave a quick beep of the horn, which resulted in cartoon-like jerking from left to right from the driver of the jeep before she pulled in in front of me. I cursed and kept my distance and kept my eye on her.

Not five minutes after that we were both heading northbound on the M50. I got merged in no bother as there were plenty of gaps in the traffic, but the woman in the jeep stayed in the exit lane for another minute or two, before randomly deciding to merge completely without looking and nearly cleaved another car out of it. Only for she realised at the last second and pulled back into her lane there would have been a serious accident as the car she almost hit had nowhere to go.

I know stuff like this happens all the time, but what struck me the most about it was that she had gotten a fright from not using mirrors less than five minutes beforehand. You'd think she'd have learned a lesson but obviously not. :mad:

"...lessons learned the hard way are lessons never forgotten."

That middle lane to left lane ****e in Newlands cross is like a circus most evenings. 99% of the people that do it drive that road every day and know that they need to be in the left lane for the M50(N) but if they go in the middle lane that skip maybe 20-50 car lengths as the left lane normallly has trucks.

Wrecks my head. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

She will never learn. She will tell everyone who will listen "God, people are so aggressive on the road! What is it with people? I'm a safe driver! Everyone just beeps at me for no reason!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Probably in a hurry to a shiny tracksuit sale.

You're so 1990s, man.

Anyway, not quite a dashcam, but worth watching for those with a surreal Pythonesque sense of humour.

The original owner on YouTube has pulled the video down, following a series of death threats and cancer wishes;

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=270420143125984

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

RainyDay wrote: »
    You're so 1990s, man.

Anyway, not quite a dashcam, but worth watching for those with a surreal Pythonesque sense of humour.

The original owner on YouTube has pulled the video down, following a series of death threats and cancer wishes;

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=270420143125984

Didn't look too close to me given the speed. He wasn't exactly keeping very left himself. I see the gutter but he's a good bit to the right of that.

The driver's excuse though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Caliden wrote: »
    He wasn't exactly keeping very left himself. I see the gutter but he's a good bit to the right of that.
    He's not supposed to keep 'very left' and he's certainly not supposed to be in the gutter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

He's not supposed to keep 'very left' and he's certainly not supposed to be in the gutter.

I just wish he would work harder and get a car :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Caliden wrote: »
    Didn't look too close to me given the speed. He wasn't exactly keeping very left himself. I see the gutter but he's a good bit to the right of that.

The driver's excuse though :D

open-a-can-of-worms.jpg

Oh please not again...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,409 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I did that once when I was overtaking a car. Looking in my rear mirror and there was plenty of cars well behind me, however what I didn't see was an Audi ripping along about 600-800 yards behind me.
    After checking behind I checked in front of me and about 5 seconds has passed and then I pulled out...cue horn blaring and when I looked back the Audi was right up my ass...rapidly pulled in and raised my hand in apology. Taught me always to glance back again a second before I pull out etc.
    I was only driving about 6 months to a year at that stage but that lesson still tends to me today 12 years later.
    Yer one sounds like a really dumb biatch altogether but in fairness if you look at women pushing buggies/trolleys etc they're all fairless clueless. I'm constantly pulling my missus's trolley back as she be wondering around in a daze window shopping and nearly crashing into other trolleys or people.
    And all of the women are the same at it.
    Watch next time in a busy shopping center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Women pfff.

They think they can drive...

desktop-wallpaper-f1-fansite.com-28-1024-1.jpg

Oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I look forward to the day we have some women drivers on the grid.

Susie does not have the pace however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭ Will Eager Apprentice

cormie wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a rerun of the first video in this post. Someone reversed into me at IKEA :D

http://www.vantasks.ie/blog/driving-to-ikea-dublin-for-deliveries

#5 may be annoying, but are you not supposed to give way to other traffic when reversing?
    cormie wrote: »
    The lens is a wide angle and she pulled out in front of me closer than it appears and I let myself get closer to her to let her know she pulled out a bit too quick without flashing the lights or beeping at her.

I knew it would be picked up on posting it here and was thinking to make it less obvious through video editing to avoid the hassle of having to defend myself but left it as it was, I was well aware of it and prepared for any sudden stops etc (although not necessarily to be reversed into :pac:)

Two wrongs don't make a right. Why would you do that? To prove a point? Relieve some aggression? Punishment? Senseless is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,788 ✭✭✭✭cormie

#5 may be annoying, but are you not supposed to give way to other traffic when reversing?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Why would you do that? To prove a point? Relieve some aggression? Punishment? Senseless is what it is.

None of the above, just to make them aware that they may have come out a bit too soon while I still keep a safe distance and speed and am prepared for any sudden moves. Other than actually reversing into me which was a bit unexpected :) I think it's a very subtle way of making someone think twice about a potentially dangerous move they have made without being aggressive, blasting the horn, flashing lights etc.

With regards to #5, as far as I'm aware you're meant to give way to anyone in the middle of a turn and I guess reversing into a spot could be classed as this?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

Why would you do that? To prove a point? Relieve some aggression? Punishment? Senseless is what it is.

Possibly to let the offender know they are actually in the wrong?

If someone does something dangerous to me on the roads, i make sure to let them know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

Merging from M50 (heading south from Finglas ) to N3 before Blanchardstown.

This genius decides to slam on the brakes in rush hour traffic so his mate can 'dance attack' the bus beside them.

As you can see from the video I flash him so he decides to fly up behind me trying to intimidate me, as I let him pass the passenger, complete with hood up and sunglasses on, proceeds to dance attack me....

You should have seen their faces when I pointed to the camera, both their faces dropped and they fell into the slow lane and wouldn't look at me!

Obviously two young lads in daddy's company car out for the day, but if you're going to act the bollox and drive dangerously don't do it in a car covered in your compay's graphics!!

Considering forwarding to the Guards as in my eyes this constitutes as dangerous driving, driving without due care and attention, reckless driving or all of the above. That junction is fast and busy, there is traffic from N3, M50(S) and M50(N) all merging and is no place for this childish behavior.

SKIP TO 1 MIN 30 SEC..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Mick55 wrote: »
    Considering forwarding to the Guards as in my eyes this constitutes as dangerous driving,
    At the very least ring daddy's company and explain to them what was seen, what's on tape and then make up your mind on if you are satisfied with the response or not.

CramCycle wrote: »
    At the very least ring daddy's company.

I'm torn between we've all been young and stupid and that was just too stupid to overlook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Guess I'm going to show my age but wtf is to 'dance attack' someone.

• Advertisement

Guess I'm going to show my age but wtf is to 'dance attack' someone.

The best I can describe it is to vigorously dance at someone, complete with flailing arms and looking like a pillock!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement