Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sense & phone locator working fairly well now

• 13-11-2010 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Deleted my HTC Sense account and set it up again, phone rings now at full volume from dashboard and phone location shows up pretty accurately (Anywhere from spot to to about 20m out)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

bogman wrote: »
    Deleted my HTC Sense account and set it up again, phone rings now at full volume from dashboard and phone location shows up pretty accurately (Anywhere from spot to to about 20m out)

What network are you on? I am on Meteor and find it only works on WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

On Vodafone with a Desire HD, obviously ur GPS and phone finder are switched on C. D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

On Vodafone with a Desire HD, obviously ur GPS and phone finder are switched on C. D ?

They are indeed! I assume it is just a blocked port or two. Hopefully Meteor will sort it out as more people get the Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Can anyone tell me how to set this up on a HTC Desire? (The normal one, not HD/Z)

Cannot for the life of me find it anywhere! Currently using SeekDroid to locate it remotely.

Vodafone btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

Conor108 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to set this up on a HTC Desire? (The normal one, not HD/Z)

Cannot for the life of me find it anywhere! Currently using SeekDroid to locate it remotely.

Vodafone btw

can't be done, as the HD/Z have the new HTC sense which is what you need for it and it hasn't been released for the old desire yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Got my Desire HD last week and still says it cannot find phone on HTCSense.com?? Says phone connected up in the top menu beside my name but on main page says "“Phone finder" is currently disabled. For security reasons, go to your phone to enable this feature in Settings >> Location >> Phone finder." even though Phone Finder is on!!

I'm on Vodafone. Anyone else having issues with this?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

When I go to HTCsense.com from PC or phone browser I get prompted to choose my country and Ireland isn't listed. How do ppl get around this or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭kenyard

groom wrote: »
    When I go to HTCsense.com from PC or phone browser I get prompted to choose my country and Ireland isn't listed. How do ppl get around this or does it matter?

generally i check for "republic of ireland" when that happens... but i hafnt set it up so this is just a general suggestion from experience...

besides that maybe united kingdom we are included in sometimes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

groom wrote: »
    I just pick the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

madmoe wrote: »
    Got my Desire HD last week and still says it cannot find phone on HTCSense.com?? Says phone connected up in the top menu beside my name but on main page says "“Phone finder" is currently disabled. For security reasons, go to your phone to enable this feature in Settings >> Location >> Phone finder." even though Phone Finder is on!!

I'm on Vodafone. Anyone else having issues with this?

Cheers,
    M

Mine says the same thing. I'm on Meteor, and the phone lock and phone ring buttons work on 3G and Wi-Fi.

Frustrating. Phone finder is on, yet HTCSense.com thinks it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Exact same! I chose UK as my country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SmartMonkey

I've got a Desire HD, Created my account, and I could connect and make my phone ring but the location says it's disabled when it's not.

So deleted account and at the end of the set up, it's asking me to sign in to HTC Sense with my phone.
    I assume thats sign in with the browser and not an app of some sort? Or is it just the initial setup of the phone (noticed facebook for htc sense etc)

Has anyone got it working on the HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭culsoh

I can't get it to work either!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SmartMonkey

culsoh wrote: »
    I can't get it to work either!

Reckon it's a problem on HTC Web site side of things. But if some poeple got it working then I'm mystified. I'll keep bothering HTC Support until they solve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Sorry to dig up such an old thread folks. I've just moved from a Hero to the new One-V and was googling the phone locator service. I read that HTC have discontinued the service. Are there any alternatives that people can recommend and most importantly- are they free or extremely good value?!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Sorry to dig up such an old thread folks. I've just moved from a Hero to the new One-V and was googling the phone locator service. I read that HTC have discontinued the service. Are there any alternatives that people can recommend and most importantly- are they free or extremely good value?!

I'm using Cerberus. You can add up to 5 devices for 3 euros and its a lifetime license. Not annual. There is a free trial.

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Any one know are they going to get it back up and going again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Avast anti theft would be my recommended alternative

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I use lookout anti virus.
    You can remotely track and wipe the phone.

Advertisement