Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ideas for improving the forum.

• 24-08-2009 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

If anyone has any ideas or anything they would like to see to improve the forum please post them in this thread for the mods and other posters to debate over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

make me mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

First rule for anyone that wants to be a mod(besides getting your sanity checked)...don't ask to be a mod. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Could you make bleg a mod???

Back on topic please, RE: improving the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

A few sticky threads may be a good idea: maybe the Introductions thread or the thread giving advice to incoming 1st Years.
    There was a Pimp My Society thread started a few months ago: maybe rescue that and sticky it?

An off topic chat thread would be good if people will actually use it.

Other than that, I'm not sure what more the Mods can do. It's up to the posters who use the forum to start threads and keep it active.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

A few sticky threads may be a good idea: maybe the Introductions thread or the thread giving advice to incoming 1st Years.
    There was a Pimp My Society thread started a few months ago: maybe rescue that and sticky it?

An off topic chat thread would be good if people will actually use it.

Other than that, I'm not sure what more the Mods can do. It's up to the posters who use the forum to start threads and keep it active.

IMO there's no point stickying threads for no reason, as it stands those FUCCers would take most of our potential traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

Yeah I agree, I think the only thing the forum can improve upon is getting more active users to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

i agree with having a totally random off topic thread. Like the TCD forum, e.g. rant/bitch/moan thread or woohoo/anti-moan thread. or maybe just a random one like random things i saw in college today.

lighthearted and interesting me thinks.

stickies for arts too, coz thereis always a few threads relating to it flying about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

Perhaps a sticky for swapping/selling college books would be useful

Off-topic thread created. I'd l ike to keep stickies to a minimum though, some good ideas lads thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Howabout something like a general 'UCC 2009/10' thread about how you're getting on, exams, study, new subjects etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

There was a Pimp My Society thread started a few months ago: maybe rescue that and sticky

Yea, something like that could be useful. Are we allowed pimp individual Society events?

Fuascailt wrote: »
    Yea, something like that could be useful. Are we allowed pimp individual Society events?

Yes. I'll find and sticky that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

I know its down to individual posters, but just an idea would be organise a coffee or something? meeting in the first week/2 ?

I know its down to individual posters, but just an idea would be organise a coffee or something? meeting in the first week/2 ?

If I normal poster wants to organise that then go ahead. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

How about a know your fUCCers thread? No Pic No Post Jobby??

Advertisement