Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork/Kerry All-Ireland Football Final

• 23-08-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

How do people think this will go then?

I fancy Kerry be a couple; Tyrone were on their way out anyway, whilst beating the likes of Donegal and Limerick hardly matters in the greater scheme on things. And although Cork played very well today, the discipline and wides should worry many fans.

When you take into account that Kerry have a significant mental edge over Cork in Croker, I think Kerry by a couple seems fair enough.

Who will in the All-Ireland Final between Cork and Kerry? 192 votes

Kerry by more the 5 points
    0%
    Kerry by less then 5 points
    17%
    netwhizkidblackheadKingdomMementoMoriyayamarkCyberWasteVainWarperroverjoycepremierstoneDabkokerry4samgillyfromlyreandy125TigerbabyDDC1990Liam2590thanpmurphy00CMpunked 33 votes
    Cork by more then 5 points
    26%
    The BullUnpossibleionapaulquad_redOrizioPatricidesnow scorpionVundergroundhomerjay2005DayshaGrudaireBorat_SagdiyevFunsterdeluxirish1967smasheyErin Go Brathbuck65YakultdamozMr. Incognito 50 votes
    Cork by less then 5 points
    17%
    gpjordanf1BlackjackFiretrapshaneybabyFoleyartNickibaby*Jack Lynchrun_Forrest_runhurling_ladbaztardVinnie KK-9Pride Fighterjprendertomdadudecorcaigh07hawkwingBlarney92ronrarJP Liz 33 votes
    Draw
    39%
    IllkillyaAtomic PineappleMossy MonkGoneShootinWashoutlukinvorbisFastFullBackefbbrettmirldcr22BLex LuthorIce_BoxTirielapplehunterpanda100BrandonFlowersLemlincarrigeenchancer_007 76 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

Draw
    Orizio wrote: »
    How do people think this will go then?

I fancy Kerry be a couple; Tyrone were on their way out anyway, whilst beating the likes of Donegal and Limerick hardly matters in the greater scheme on things. And although Cork played very well today, the discipline and wides should worry many fans.

When you take into account that Kerry have a significant mental edge over Cork in Croker, I think Kerry by a couple seems fair enough.

No offence but how did you become a moderator? If an ordinary poster had put up this poll it would be pulled due to the small fact that the final pairings have yet to be decided (as far as I know Meath and Kerry have yet to play).
    If I was from Meath I would be rather annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

Draw
    i'm a cork fan and annoyed that this is up, kerry have no more right to be talked as as all ireland finalists as dublin or tyrone do, their not there yet and there's nothing to say that they will be!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I personally hope the Kerry players are thinking the same thing. We surprised Tyrone 2 years ago and we surprised Mayo 2 weeks ago.
    And 2 years ago everyone was talking about a Dublin - Meath Final before our semi final and look what happened.

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    No offence but how did you become a moderator? If an ordinary poster had put up this poll it would be pulled due to the small fact that the final pairings have yet to be decided (as far as I know Meath and Kerry have yet to play).
    If I was from Meath I would be rather annoyed.

Hush I'm trying to trick the Kerry lads.

A distinct lack of cute hoorism from my fellow Cork posters. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I will tell you what, I am going to lock this thread and if Kerry win next Sunday I will re-open it.

Nice try Orizio

Thread to discuss the Cork/Kerry All-Ireland procession for the rebels final.

Cork at a canter, by at least 15+ points. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Draw
    Cork by 7/8 points..

Is it fair to say Cork/Tyrone was the real All-Ireland Final?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Cork by 8/9 points. Unless they get someone sent off then prob only 6/7 :D

Cork by 8/9 points. Unless they get someone sent off then prob only 6/7 :D

Excellent, so we can get, what, 4-5 players sent off and still win? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Kerry by 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Wait I am going to re-open your old thread as there were some contributions there. I will just merge the two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Kerry by five :D

Daysha wrote: »
    Kerry by 3.

Stop with the cute hoorism Daysha, Waterford aren't involved and your not from Kerry. ;)

No need to pretend that Cork won't win.

Kerry by five :D

Its catching on. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Draw
    Looks like there will be a good hurling final and a football final. But i still expect the favourites to pull away and win it in the end :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Draw
    If the Cork team of last week meet the Kerry team of today I'll say Cork (if they just cop on with their behaviour on the pitch!)

But damn Kerry, they know how to bring out the goods when it matters. Fingers crossed it's Cork. Even just for the game alone, Kerry winning again would be boring. I hoped Meath would win today so it would make a change having a Cork v Meath final but hopefully the rebels will take it. I'll say Cork by a few points just going on last week's and today's performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Brolley & co. reckon it will be Kerry. They were only in 2nd gear today and are peaking at just the right time. Cork has been the best team of the championship but Kerry are the ones to be beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Orizio wrote: »
    Stop with the cute hoorism Daysha, Waterford aren't involved and your not from Kerry. ;)

Not from Cork either :)

It would be extremely irrational to write off Kerry in an AI final in such a fashion. Today, they did what they had to do, just like all throughout the qualifiers. When they needed to turn up their performance against Dublin, they did just that. I'll be expecting something similar in 3 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

Draw
    "Cork by less then 5 points" leads the way in this poll but I've a feeling the closer we get to the final the more people will vote for a Kerry win. They have the tradition, Cork don't but as against that they still look a tired team (apart from the Dublin game).
    Cork on the other hand are young, lean and hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

2009 is Kerry's year

You read it here first.

One should never underestimate the inner fire and drive in the Kerry team, at any time of the year, not least against auld rivals. Yes, it's honest to say that we played well below par against meath today but yet we made it to our 6th successive AI-Final. A feat not done before by a Kerry team.

Kerry4SAM 2009 is on the cards, have no doubt about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,290 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Draw
    I do believe that Kerry will put in a huge performance in the final, obviously better than today, but if Cork play the knid of football that ousted Tyrone, I don't think they will lose. They are the best team in the country but the best team do not always win. Meath won their fair share of ball but Cork should be more than capable of winning more, as they have done already against Kerry this year. With greater possession they will win the final, God is good, most of Ireland are shouting for a Tipp Cork double, bring it on!! Up the Rebels!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Delighted it's kerry in the final. Cork need to beat them to prove to everyone that they aren't afraid. If they can't then so be it. Otherwise we will end up like Kerry with their complete fear of Tyrone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Draw
    Im going to say Kerry to win, but thats just because I want Cork to go in as underdogs and not with all this hype there getting at the moment.

Corks performance against Tyrone was excellent but they have had a few dodgy games this summer which leads me to believe that they may crumble under the pressure of a final and being favourites. They certainly didnt impress me that much at the Munster final against an underrated Limerick side that dominated for most of the match.

Im really looking forward to this match,hopefully it will be as an exciting match as we're all expecting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Agreed that as the final draws ever closer, people will start re-assessing the match. Undoubtably Cork have been the most impressive team in this years Championship but Kerry are well, Kerry. It is the first time that I can remember that Kerry are not favourites for the Final - Cork are 4-5 and Kerry evens. The fact that Cork practically always loses to Kerry in Croke Park has to have some significance. Kerry will be a lot better in 3 weeks time. Can Cork actually improve or have they peaked too soon?

Kerry by a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Kerry have lost to Tyrone in Croke Park the same number of times that Cork have lost to Kerry.

We did them a huge favour by beating Tyrone. And we will do ourselves (on behalf of the country!) a huge favour by beating the hoors in the final. We are the only unbeaten team in the championship.

If only Tipp could come through on Sunday as well...

I think that Tipp have a tougher job than Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Draw
    I don't think Kerry are as good as Dublin made them look. That said, they may have lifted themselves for Dublin and will again for Cork.

I don't think it'll be as clear cut as people think. I'm expecting a scrappy game between two teams whose players know each other only too well.

I hate to say it but I was praying we wouldn't get a Cork/Kerry final. I'm thinking we'll see a poor spectacle like 2007.

Here's hoping that somebody new can launch a challenge in 2010 and bring some romance back into the championship. Galway did it in '98, the Ulster teams have over the past decade so here's hoping some of the chasing pack can catch up with Tyrone, Cork and Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Poulgorm wrote: »
    Kerry have lost to Tyrone in Croke Park the same number of times that Cork have lost to Kerry.

We did them a huge favour by beating Tyrone. And we will do ourselves (on behalf of the country!) a huge favour by beating the hoors in the final. We are the only unbeaten team in the championship.

If only Tipp could come through on Sunday as well...

I think that Tipp have a tougher job than Cork.
    Kerry lost 3 times to Tyrone in Croke Park 03, 05, 08

Kerry beat cork 4 times in Croke Park

02, 06, 07, 08.

Advertisement