Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Girl Friend \ Boy Friend - what annoys you the most

124»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

LOL, some of you here people really need to re-think why are you are with the people you are with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Enaghan01

You might be on to something there Pink

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Carturo wrote: »
    In a relationship I hate: ''We don't spend enough time together''. Yeah that's because I have a life outside of you.

Eek I've been having that all morning! I haven't seen him in over a week. College and work is taking over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[WoW]

losing his temper over the smallest of things. mood swings caused by one thing imo :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Nothing, he's perfect <3

(just thought this thread needed some positivity? >.>)

Kinda have to agree with fluffy bunny though, unless all the aforementioned OPs have unbelievable redeeming qualities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

It's not having a girlfriend that annoys me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Stones85

My Girl is terrible for nagging, granted there are times its needed but not the exact moment after asking me.... and not so nasal either!!

She also hates to be the only one doing something, so if we're just chillin on the couch and its her turn to make the din din she barks orders for me to do while she cooks. Really get my goat. :) It actually makes me laugh now and I kinda love her for it, as starnge as that is....

In the grand sceme of things it not a big deal at all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

And he smokes:(

I feel your pain :( stinky ashtray breath is such a turn on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

His bad time keeping... grrrrrrr How can someone with intelligence not know after 30 years that it takes them 40 minutes to get ready not 10?!?!!?!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

when she used to change the cd in my car OMG Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh she once left a cd in the car, but then sadly for her she used to leave the cds behind.... which ment they where never seen again....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm probably way more annoying to him, than he is to me!

I only have small niggles and no point dwelling on things like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RuthyB

He snores like a foghorn

He sings along to ALL the adverts on the telly

And I love him to bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    When he tells me I'm beautiful, because i get embarrassed and dunno what to say back, because i sound like a tard when i say "you are too"..:o

Just say "thanks". :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

HPT wrote: »
    Just say "thanks". :)

My boyf does the whole 'you're beautiful' thing also, and I never handle it well. Usuaally get very embarrassed, deny the fact with a resounding panto-esque OH NO I'M NOT, and then insist that really, he's gotten into my knickers, the purpose of his flattery is now defunct;p at which point he gets insulted, understandably, but I don't take compliments well, least of all from men, too used to assholes dya see....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

when they don't appreciate the level of concentration and time needed to get to the last level .....also tennis on the wii is acceptable as quality time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

I know I'm going to get hammered for this but the fact that she things -
    The Hills (MTV) are good worries me. Yet sky sports is some horrible addiction.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

She's never really around between work/college

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

i'm single and i'm glad having read some of these posts!:eek:

in a relationship if something annoyed me so much to the point where i couldn't see past it then i'd want out. you shouldn't lose yourself in a relationship, imo.

past relationships tho, things that have irked me have included snoring. Good god please stop. That was a funny argument in the middle of the night. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Frisbee wrote: »
    She's never really around between work/college

LOL, my guy spend most of his time across the Atlantic, which is pretty sucky to be honest! Still though, we really really make the most of our time together, and appreciate each other all the more, and it seems so much more special, so in a weird way, its tough, but it works!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

When she's in the middle of saying something she'll decide to say a sentence in an English accent and then carry on in her Sligo brogue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 .DumDeDum.

My last bf had a habit of cancelling/telling me stuff last minute. Told me he wasn't coming to my graduation celebration an hour and a half AFTER he was meant to be there, by text without a reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

While I'm yet to move in with my girlfriend of 6 years (recession, not enough money, wasting years in college etc) and I'm aware that a lot of things previously unnoticed or insignificant can become issues I can't think of anything that annoys me really to be honest.

I don't mean that in a bragging way but I don't see how people put up with things that clearly wreck their head and/or let it build up and then erupt in a big argument.

Then again after six years I finally have a bit of maturity and a bit of a handle on this whole girlfriend thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

My last gf was too moany. I could deal with it most of the times as she was one of the nicest person i've ever known, but sometimes she would just become a little too moany, complaining and loathing in self pity to be tolerated.
    Though she was a nice girl...

Oh and also she loved bands like The Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco and all those emoesque crap...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

.DumDeDum. wrote: »
    My last bf had a habit of cancelling/telling me stuff last minute. Told me he wasn't coming to my graduation celebration an hour and a half AFTER he was meant to be there, by text without a reason!

did you text back "welcome to dumpsville, population: you "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CostelloeS

She puts up wit me acting the fool and makin mistakes as a couple. I may not always have something to say but i would do anything for her.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

your guy sounds like a selfish person. Sorry to be blunt.

Advertisement