Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are Irish men handsome?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

i disagree, i think our very good looking people are never as good looking as the top people in other countries but at a local level it would be the same.

i'm telling ye i was in the institute, and the talent there was top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

latchyco wrote: »
    Cant see any irish dude, young or old ,coming on here and saying he's ugly now can ya ? :D

Nail on the head!

Most of us are average looking fella's.. What sets ME apart from the rest is my charm gets me all the hot wimmin! :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

In my case swap slightly for very and yeah you'd be pretty much on the money.

Jesus talk about taking something OTT. If someone is not gay then its simple they will state 'i am not gay but...'

wat is the deal?

It's like saying, "I don't live in Cork but.." or "I don't own a car but.." Totally irrelevant & speaks volumes when it's brought up unnecessarily. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

In my case swap slightly for very and yeah you'd be pretty much on the money.

Jesus talk about taking something OTT. If someone is not gay then its simple they will state 'i am not gay but...'

wat is the deal?

You're gayer than that time I had sex with a man.

I don't live in cork but it would be a ****e place to live.......makes perfect sense. same as i'm not gay but cristiano ronaldo has a great physique.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

latchyco wrote: »
    Cant see any irish dude, young or old ,coming on here and saying he's ugly now can ya ? :D

If someone thinks they are ugly then they're fooked.

Have a bit of faith in yourself and it's all good.

Also, i think Irish men are just like Irish Women. ****ing great people for the most part.

And even pretty upon occasion.

i think irish people have the problem of having absolutely whopper heads, like me. jesus the size of the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

taconnol wrote: »
    It's like saying, "I don't live in Cork but.." or "I don't own a car but.." Totally irrelevant & speaks volumes when it's brought up unnecessarily. That's all.

I concur.

However, whether or not the person you went to Paris with was gay, straight or Martian was completely irrelevant to this post too:

Then again, I spent the weekend in Paris a few weeks ago with a gay friend and we just couldn't deny the better quality talent (men and women..sorry ladies..).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

stovelid wrote: »
    However, whether or not you went to Paris with a gay, straight or Martian friend was completely irrelevant to this post too:

Er..no, I don't think it was irrelevant in that case. Moreover, I'm more taking issue with the worry the other posters seem to display at being mistaken for being gay. That sentiment was not present in my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Even the most average irish guy/gal can look lovley after a few drinks :D

Breauty in the eye of the beholder and all that .Looks can be over rated anyhow and everybody will have some feature about them that will be attractive to somebody else .Might be a smile ,eyes , hair but none of us is perfect .

Except kirsten dunst :D

(as example )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

Irish men have great ears. :P

I know some people wouldn't believe it but some people are attracted to ugly people. Beauty is definately in the eye of the beholder

Er..no, I don't think it was irrelevant in that case. Moreover, I'm more taking issue with the worry the other posters seem to display at being mistaken for being gay. That sentiment was not present in my post.

He's already said he's not down with the gay. Some people, men and women, are just not comfortable with the idea.

Not that big of an issue really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Moreover, I'm more taking issue with the worry the other posters seem to display at being mistaken for being gay. That sentiment was not present in my post.

It's not exactly a big issue to be honest.

Although, kudos for knowing real gay people and the tireless work you are doing on their behalf in this thread.

not an issue at all. the thread is just a bit of fun..jesus.

Dragan wrote: »
    He's already said he's not down with the gay. Some people, men and women, are just not comfortable with the idea.

Not that big of an issue really.

Ok sure. I hope someone jumps to my defence next time I express my sexist/racist/(insert -ist here) views here.

You're right about personality tho. I've never met a funnier person than an Irish guy. And that can often more than make up for looks.

Edit: seriously, guys. I wasn't trying to make it a big issue so apologies

• Subscribers Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Karen_* wrote: »
    Irish men are great..and attractive!

yeah we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I love how Irish blokes criticise how Irish women look, without realising that how you look yourself is dependent on the genes passed to you by your parents, and if 50% of your parentage is a minger well you've no hope yourself really have you... :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I love how Irish blokes criticise how Irish women look, without realising that how you look yourself is dependent on the genes passed to you by your parents, and if 50% of your parentage is a minger well you've no hope yourself really have you... :D

are you saying your da is a minger? Cos I know yore ma isn't!

what Irish blokes criticise Irish women? little boardsies?

yeah boards.ie clowns are the only ones ive known to actually have the time to think about the image of irish women. i think because most of them are loners with no life they feel that foreign women are more likely to 'get them'...or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I often find it easy to spot the Paddy in another country. I don't think we are the handsomest nation but I suppose we make up for that with our personalities. Well...some of us :P

• Advertisement

Ok sure. I hope someone jumps to my defence next time I express my sexist/racist/(insert -ist here) views here.

Personally i honestly believe there is a difference between an "ism" and a "phobia". :)

As for the sense of humour, i think it's an Irishman's strongest point. In most of my male friends i see the same thing, funny guys with a decent enough sense of self that they aren't cocky and they aren't shy either.

To be honest, 90% of the time my jaw has hit the floor because of a woman she has been Irish. I just love them.

I hope i'm not gonna start thinking Irish Mammies are MILF's now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Some irish guys make the most of what they have and make an effort .Even if they are not the best lookers they will stand out because of the effort they made .But somebody else might be attrcted to the rough unshaven ,leathery look to ,so it's a catch 22 situation

Appearences as the man said are everything .

i have to say i have absolutely no personality, maby its the russian heritage.

windsock of course if you are in spain you can spot the irish in the crowd, normally 42 years old wearing sandles with milk white legs, its the same with the germans, but put 4 21 year old irish lads who actually care about their appearence into some random city..lets say rome you would never know.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,271 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

windsock of course if you are in spain you can spot the irish in the crowd, normally 42 years old wearing sandles with milk white legs

Phew, I'm glad he didn't say 41 years old! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Thinking of the skanger infestation that seems to have set up along most of the east coast I'd say our attractiveness is in rapid decline.:(

In general though I think considering how insular we were until recently we wouldn't have as broad a genebase as in most other countries, this is not good for producing the optimum young (for example we have an abnormally high occurance of cystic fibrosis in our population) so there is a decent chance that Irish people are on average less attractive than those in other European countries.

Dragan wrote: »
    As for the sense of humour, i think it's an Irishman's strongest point. In most of my male friends i see the same thing, funny guys with a decent enough sense of self that they aren't cocky and they aren't shy either

And I have to praise Irishmen for putting up with the real inability/fear of many Irish women to make a pass. Oh sure, I've batted my eye lids, made eye contact, etc but always left the potentially confidence-crushing move to the guy. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I would know. It's the usually bushy eyebrows that tell. And the fact that they're drinking in an Irish bar chanting Ole Ole Ole doesn't help either.

at the very least we would be at the same 'level' as french people.

news_manset_resim_16386_Ribery004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭jaffa20

This says it all really

• Advertisement

farohar wrote: »
    Thinking of the skanger infestation that seems to have set up along most of the east coast I'd say our attractiveness is in rapid decline.:(

In general though I think considering how insular we were until recently we wouldn't have as broad a genebase as in most other countries, this is not good for producing the optimum young (for example we have an abnormally high occurance of cystic fibrosis in our population) so there is a decent chance that Irish people are on average less attractive than those in other European countries.

so then italians in southern italy should be really damn ugly as well....in general.

the argument is flawed. i have no idea how a wider gene pool makes someone more attractive. its not like(well wasn't it de vinci who said there was an equation for the perfect image?) there is a goal or a final result of being beutiful anyway. it really is relative.

Advertisement