Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paul moro

Your question: has anti social behavior in Dublin 15 affected you?

Your own answer- two people you barely knew died of an overdose in a house across the way. You missed, by a pretty damn considerable time gap, a gangland shooting (Mark Glennon murder I take it by your description of the time of day and year).

There's people on farms on Achill who have had closer scrapes than this :pac: Internet commenters love a bit of hyperbole.

these, my friend were the tip of the iceberg,in an area that was at the time the fastest growing population in europe, if i was to bullet point every incident i encountered in the 10 years i lived in D15 i would be here all day, But it Seems like you have done active service on the front line where crimes concerned considering you know first hand the dangerous encounters going on in Mayo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Back on topic please, less sniping at one another

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Anyone know what is happening at Coolmine Train Station?

2 Fire Brigades and 2 Ambulances with all crew down at the canal looking for something in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Anyone know what is happening at Coolmine Train Station?

2 Fire Brigades and 2 Ambulances with all crew down at the canal looking for something in the water.

Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Seve OB wrote: »
    Any update?

No heard nothing at all.

Thought at first when approaching that it might have been an accident on the tracks but definitely down at the canal and 8/9 looking for something.

No Gardai, just the ambulance and fire brigade staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

I was driving over the level crossing last night and saw all the emergency vehicles. No idea what happened though. One of the ambulances was driving off when I was there, the other remained along with the 2 fire trucks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

There were some attempted break ins at Willow Wood and Stonebridge over the oast couw of nights according to the Hartstown Neighbourhood Watch Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

This was on a Castlenock Facebook group:
    Break-in and burglary on Maple Ave. at just past 5.30pm this evening (Friday 18). Two guys with hoodies and small white van (with blacked-out windows at rear) involved. Broke down the back door. Alarm company called owner, who was out, and she asked neighbour to check. When they did, they saw a torch coming down the stairs from the front door. When alarm was raised and other neighbours realised what was happening and went to chase them off, one guy pulled a knife on them. Ran off in direction of the Green with tennis courts on Sycamore Ave. at approx. 5.50pm. Gardai have been and have video footage, partial reg., and good descriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭raheny red

Attempted car break in in Brookhaven last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Breaking news on the official wires about Gardaí shooting a man who allegedly threatened them with a knife in Clonee, around Midday today.

Any further info?

Edit: Irish Times identifying the scene as Manorfields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

Story on RTE

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2020/1230/1186988-shooting/

Saw plenty of Garda vehicles were heading towards Manorfields rather than Clonee, so Manorfields sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭billie1b

*not sure if the same person

A man attempted a robbery in the Circle K in Hartstown around 11:30ish, he got nothing and went around to the Eurospar and tried too, he attacked the manager and literally boxed the head off him, broke his nose and knocked out his teeth, another member of staff intervened in the shop and the chap pulled a knife on them, he fled the scene in a car as the garda were arriving and they gave chase/followed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Polar101 wrote: »
    Story on RTE

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2020/1230/1186988-shooting/

Saw plenty of Garda vehicles were heading towards Manorfields rather than Clonee, so Manorfields sounds about right.

Manorfields drive apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

billie1b wrote: »
    *not sure if the same person

Updated Irish Times story seems to confirm it was the same person.

"It is understood the man, aged in his mid to late 20s, threatened a person in a shop in Hartstown with a blade. About 15 gardaí responded to this incident."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/man-dies-after-being-shot-by-gardaí-following-standoff-in-co-dublin-1.4447470

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Thats awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

He was black. Social media is doing the whole blm thing now.

Pack of wnkers.

According to twitter, a protest outside Blanch garda station tommorow.

:mad:

Jake1 wrote: »
    According to twitter, a protest outside Blanch garda station tommorow.

:mad:

I think that would be a very bad idea.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I think that would be a very bad idea.

Never mind it being a bad idea, it's fcuking ridiculous. The guy was a scumbag who just happened to be black. I'm sure the guy in Eurospar doesn't care what colour the guy who broke his nose was, he still has a broken nose regardless. Is there a GoFundMe page set up for him like there is for the guy who attacked him? BLM is important, and it needs to continue, but it's being cheapened by nonsense like this when the guy was nothing more than a common criminal who attacked armed Gardai with a knife. What outcome was he really expecting there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Presumably the protest is against Covid rules at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

‘Major tension’ in community as family calls for answers after man with knife shot by gardaí

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/major-tension-in-community-as-family-calls-for-answers-after-man-with-knife-shot-by-gardai-39916358.html

I hope this doesn't escalate. All it takes is some false rumours and manipulation of facts on social media to suit certain narratives for people to be outraged under false pretenses. What happened was tragic but seemingly this was a very troubled individual who had prior run ins with the law and was attempting to lunge at an armed officer yesterday with a knife having already injured a staff member in Eurospar. Earlier attempts with pepper spray and Taser failed to subdue him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

From what I can tell, most of the D15 community is squarely behind the Gardai on this. I certainly am. If there was a guy with a large knife roaming my area, who didn't surrender to unarmed Gardai and wasn't stopped by a taser or pepper spray, I'd like to know that there's another option after that.

I see the deceased's cousin describing him as an "innocent boy" in the above link. That's a very odd choice of words, I havent seen any version of events in which he can be described as "innocent".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

There's already someone in the other thread spinning this up with half truths and false narratives. Almost every post is distorted for an agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

There may have been some mental issues involved. Tbh I dont want to get into it until after it's investigated and all the facts are known.

From what I can tell, most of the D15 community is squarely behind the Gardai on this. I certainly am. If there was a guy with a large knife roaming my area, who didn't surrender to unarmed Gardai and wasn't stopped by a taser or pepper spray, I'd like to know that there's another option after that.

I see the deceased's cousin describing him as an "innocent boy" in the above link. That's a very odd choice of words, I havent seen any version of events in which he can be described as "innocent".

Very odd indeed, considering he was 27 years old ffs
    What is wrong with these muppets changing the narrative to suit their agenda? Do they think the rest of us cant see??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There protectors in the Centre now. No doubt it must be distressing from the ordinary shoppers there at the moment.

Its race politics of the lowest, laziest most disgusting order. Regrettably, the same fate would have befallen any person of any colour, creed, gender, age who did the same thing. Its terrible that he died, there is no legislating for the damage bullets will do, he could just as easily have survived.

But calling it racially motivated murder is the easiest red herring for them to go on a rampage in Blanch and to try and get some sort of free pass on disgusting behaviour and vandalism.

There is also a conspicuous lack of a Garda presence around the scenes in Blanch today. Above all, we are in a Level 5 lockdown, those people shopping for essentials in Blanch are entitled to do so in peace, with social distancing and mask protocols respected. It had better not be the case that the Garda response to yesterday is to soft soap their response to today's protests, vandalism and trespassing. The only way to maintain support, is for the Guards to show up to tackle law breaking every day, in every way, with no fear or favour, to the benefit of the law abiding Community.

Yes D15 back the Guards strongly, but the Public Order Unit need to be in Blanch today, where they will receive widespread support.

There protectors in the Centre now. No doubt it must be distressing from the ordinary shoppers there at the moment.

theres a load of them beating the shutters at the spar and on the hartsown road, causing mayhem

****ing riot squad should be sent down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭donaghs

It’s escalated very quickly today. Especially around Blanch center and the Harte town circle k/spar. Hopefully there won’t be violence tonight, given New Years celebrations and so on

• Advertisement

Well, for all their guff and BS about an unending protest, they seem to have lost the stomach for it on Day 2.

Cretins.

Advertisement