Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread - Page 153 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-11-2014, 11:07   #2281
BostonB

Maybe they were 4 sheets to the wind. Did they make a clean getaway?

Who knows what goes through their minds. I know of someone who's car was stolen, then they left a laptop, but took crayons and a drawing paper from a briefcase. Probably kids.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-11-2014, 11:15   #2282
chucknorris

After seeing the Ongar car burglary video on Youtube, after seeing it shared here, I'm considering getting a hidden camera at the front and back.

I don't think it's good enough just to deter these toerags. I want to catch them.

My garden shed was ruffled through about 9 months ago, but i don;t keep anything in it, but someone will try the house at some stage.
26-11-2014, 12:20   #2283
BostonB

I was suggested to me that a camera, that they can't see is sometimes more useful than one they can. As they avoid the camera they can see or damage it. But you'll get a better photo of them from a camera they don't know is there. I dunno if you have to have a sign saying there is one.

Last edited by BostonB; 26-11-2014 at 15:59.
26-11-2014, 12:28   #2284
chucknorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonB View Post
I was suggested to me that a camera, that they can't see is sometimes more useful than one they can. As they avoid the camera they can see or damage it. But you'll get a better photo of them from a camera they don't know is there. Obviously you have to have a sign saying there is one.
Really? that's a shame.
26-11-2014, 12:31   #2285
franksm

Send a message via MSN to franksm
Dudes, you're right. A visible camera means that they just wear scarves/balaclavas. So go for a discrete camera if you can.

I would recommend IP dome cameras with onboard storage. Pretty much fit-and-forget, and there's no need for a separate DVR to worry about. You can pull footage over the wireless connection, or connect to a DVR, or have the camera copy/FTP to a Onedrive or Dropbox or similar. IP camera is good also because you can set it up easily without having to go up and down ladders all the time.

Funny thing about needing a sign: apparently you don't. I asked Citizens Advice about it, one of the solicitors there got back to me and said you don't need signs nor planning permission. So long as you are okay with someone asking you for footage under the Data Protection act - that's about the worst that will happen.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-11-2014, 12:39   #2286
BostonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknorris View Post
Really? that's a shame.
TBH I don't know.
Thanks from:
26-11-2014, 20:49   #2287
Marcin_diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksm View Post
Dudes, you're right. A visible camera means that they just wear scarves/balaclavas. So go for a discrete camera if you can.

I would recommend IP dome cameras with onboard storage. Pretty much fit-and-forget, and there's no need for a separate DVR to worry about. You can pull footage over the wireless connection, or connect to a DVR, or have the camera copy/FTP to a Onedrive or Dropbox or similar. IP camera is good also because you can set it up easily without having to go up and down ladders all the time.
some of the IP cameras you can set to send photos straight to your email box.
every time camera's sensor detect motion it takes picture and send it... + you can watch live video from www.

There is also a chance you will notice a postman visiting your wife twice a day when you are away
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 12:23   #2288
Dre as in Dray

Was on facebook and there has been a HUGE uptake on houses broken into in Cabra as well as Dublin 15. Be alert out there, they are going after presents for christmas.
Yesterday, 12:58   #2289
Arciphel

Just to make people aware, there was a mugging in Littlepace (Clonee) last night at 9.30pm. Despite it being on a well-lit road, three youths (one on a bike) grabbed a light brown handbag from a lady and made off with it. Please be wary when walking at night, and try to avoid walking alone if possible. I have some further information on the description of the three youth involved but won't post in here as it would probably derail the discussion.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 13:10   #2290
RichardoKhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciphel View Post
Just to make people aware, there was a mugging in Littlepace (Clonee) last night at 9.30pm. Despite it being on a well-lit road, three youths (one on a bike) grabbed a light brown handbag from a lady and made off with it. Please be wary when walking at night, and try to avoid walking alone if possible. I have some further information on the description of the three youth involved but won't post in here as it would probably derail the discussion.
Whereabouts in Littlepace? Main road? Side streets?
Yesterday, 18:48   #2291
Arciphel

It happened in Bramblefield Walk in Littlepace, that's an estate down at the Huntstown end.

Talking to other residents today, I heard an interestingly similar story from a lady who's daughters iPhone was stolen out of her hand last month going through the "kissing gates" at Hazelbury Park.

The thief in this case was also black guy, on his own with his hood up, and the individual was traced to Ongar whereupon the guards were involved and he denied everything, but strangely the phone turned up a week later and the charges were dropped.

The guards told the resident at the time that this gang are operating in Ongar & surrounding areas and rob phones/handbags, especially at the "rat road" area in Ongar that we have discussed many times on this thread. Apparently it's always the same fellas and girls in the gang, aged about 18/19, and they are robbing to pay off money they owe for drugs.
Yesterday, 21:55   #2292
horse7

Watch your speed, traffic camera van at travel lodge navan red,near esso garage all day today. Not an accident blackspot,just revenue collection.
Yesterday, 22:38   #2293
athtrasna

Was there yesterday at morning rush hour as well, in dense fog and traffic moving at less than 10kmph...somebody must have wanted a break from the office!
Yesterday, 23:37   #2294
horse7

On Wednesday was on the opposite side of navan rd,parked where the left lane turns up auburn ave.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion