Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CD/DVD player not working

• 04-12-2008 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a medion laptop back in May from Aldi, I know it came with a 3yr warranty but the muppet that I am I never registered the product.

So any ideas on where I should get it checked out?

thanks
    Trilla

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

We'll check it out for you here. :D

Does it show in "device manager"?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

hi kikel

yes its appearing in device manager, device status "This device is working properly". I selected update drivers and vista replied with the drivers are uptodate. The light comes on the actual cd tray but when I go to explore the device it opens and requests a cd/dvd (which is already in).

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Use your receipt, you don't have to register it straight away and its covered as its less than a year old, did you use laser to pay if so the transaction code will allow them to pull it back from their system (although they may try to fob you off on this one, it can be done, otherwise how can they bill you?)

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm guessin there is nothing much else I can do from my end? Uninstall and reinstall the device drivers

Advertisement