Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any way to find a lost phone ?

Options
  • 23-04-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I lost my phone the other day and can't find it anywhere, is there a way of finding it by using my number or tracking my sim ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Does it ring when you call? Is it a smartphone? Does it have a 'where's my phone' app it it's iOS/Android? Did you ask your provider?, they should know what tower it last had contact with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF PHONE is on your phone company should be able to text it, and work out where it is.
    is it a smartphone, ? iphone.?
    the can triangulate,distance from cell tower.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

If it is an android phone that has data turned on there is an app that you can install from the app store (via a normal browser) that will send you the gps location of the phone. I can't remember the name of it, but you can dig that out yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

riclad wrote: »
    IF PHONE is on your phone company should be able to text it, and work out where it is.
    is it a smartphone, ? iphone.?
    the can triangulate,distance from cell tower.

You seem to have a habit of repeating other posts. How about suggesting something new?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

degsie wrote: »
    You seem to have a habit of repeating other posts. How about suggesting something new?

How about you leave the moderation up to the moderator?

• Advertisement
Advertisement