Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

legal help needed

Options
  • 30-06-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am in court next week and am hoping for a settlement with costs awarded to me.. Can anyone tell me how long I have to wait for payment to be made to me and am I under any obligation to give my lawyer some of it while she waits for her costs to be settled and if so what % should it be or can I decide how much to pay her? Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It will depend on a lot of factors:
    * How much are you awarded?
    * How much of your costs are you awarded? There may be things that you have to pay your solicitor that you won't recover from the defendant.
    * Does the defendant appeal?
    * Does the defendant have the funds?

Your solicitor will expect to be paid in the first tranche of any payment you receive.

However, it is something you need to discuss with your solicitor

If it is an insurance company and they are 'happy' with the amount, you could expect payment within a few weeks. In such a case, the solicitor may be paid directly.

Advertisement