Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do I watch first?

• 06-01-2013 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I want to start watching Battlestar Galactica but have no idea where to start..

From what I read online its the Miniseries then the show itself, is that correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

BSG came out first , then Caprica,Then Blood and Chrome.

Storyline / timewise however, would be
    Caprica > Blood & Chrome >BSG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Berns wrote: »
    BSG came out first , then Caprica,Then Blood and Chrome.

Storyline / timewise however, would be
    Caprica > Blood & Chrome >BSG

Okay thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In this order:

BSG - 3 hour Mini Series,
    BSG - Series 1 & 2,
    BSG - Razor (stand alone extended episode),
    BSG - Pre Season 3 Resistance webisodes,
    BSG - Series 3 & 4,
    BSG - The Plan (stand alone tv movie),
    Caprica,
    BSG - Blood & Chrome - webisodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

bazz26 wrote: »
    In this order:

BSG - Series 1 & 2,
    BSG - Series 3 & 4,
    Caprica,

Thats perfect, thanks dude!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 AndyAbstract

Ya that's the proper order but be warned it takes well into season 2 before it starts getting epic and really good, Lost proportions good maybe, Lost proportions let downs too perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ignore the banned dude. The mini-series is a little slow but season 1 is awesome.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's also way better than fricking Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

In this order:

BSG - Series 1 & 2,
    BSG - Series 3 & 4,
    Caprica,

Hey all,

I'm going to ask Santa for the full series of this - never got into it but I'm going to make an effort over Christmas.

Question: Should I go for DVD or Bluray? I know that some transfers to Bluray aren't that impressive and also, with their being so many extra episodes\webisodes\etc. I want a box set that will give the best bang for buck.

Which of the below should I go for?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B0027UY8B8/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0027UY8AY/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1385981111&sr=1-2&keywords=battlestar+galactica

Last question - Would an Irish PS3 play a region B or region free Bluray? Please note this is a region B Blu-Ray and will require a region B or region free blu-ray player in order to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seamie mac

Hi Splash,

So ... continue the story! ... what did Santa bring you and where you happy with it?

I'm thinking of the Bluray series myself as I'm enjoying Series 1 on Netflix so much ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

seamie mac wrote: »
    Hi Splash,

So ... continue the story! ... what did Santa bring you and where you happy with it?

I'm thinking of the Bluray series myself as I'm enjoying Series 1 on Netflix so much ..

I got the Bluray set and am finished mini-series and season 1....really enjoying it. The display is a bit grainy but that is how it was filmed and doesn't really bother me

• Advertisement

• Near the end of season 1 now, and am surprised I never heard more of a buzz about it. Finding it compelling viewing, although Blondie, the seductress Cylon and her cowardly boyfriend wreck my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

whats the story with " BSG: The Face of the Enemy" webisodes what order in the sequence are they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

In this order:

BSG - Series 1 & 2,
    BSG - Series 3 & 4,
    Caprica,

I watched Series 1 back in the day(03-06) and at some point during series 2-3 I stopped watching as life got too busy, not sure which episode number as i might have seen a episode here and there, forgot all about the show.

Then a few weeks ago I came across "BSG - Blood & Chrome" on Syfi
    and tuned in liked it.
    Since then I watched Razor and The plan the other "stand alone movies" liked em especially the plan.

Now tempted to watch the entire BSG main 1-4 series or least the last couple of seasons i missed, time permitting.

Not sure about Caprica thou reviews not the best ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Wow you watched the plan before season 4 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Wow you watched the plan before season 4 :eek:

well i just thought at start i watch the standalone movies now i tempted
    to watch it all might never get around to it thou too many episodes not enough time.

I have and had a general idea of the plot before hand anyway and knew who all the cylons are so no major spoilers.

I think i stopped watching at end of season 2 in 2005/6 IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Sorry I know this thread is old but I just happened across BSG over the weekend. I knew it existed but knew nothing about it. I've watched the 3 hour pilot and the first episode. TWICE. Oh, I'd actually downloaded the soundtrack first and really liked the sound of it. I'm big into soundtracks.

Well I'm just flabbergasted how good it is. I didn't have a 42inch TV back in 2003 or a sound system so I'm just finding it so amazing especially like because it's so old - over a decade ! Sorry, can't help gushing about my find. Hooked already.

Advertisement