Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due September 2012 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Thanks Squiggler that's good advice.
    Funny thing, I actaully didn't buy any clothes! I still think its too soon for them. I had a different attitude to "things" though, like the bottles and stuff are less personal and won't be worn by our little person. God, I sound mad! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Haha, no, you don't sound mad at all. I can totally see where you are coming from. Tiny clothes are much more "personal" than other paraphenalia.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Squiggler wrote: »
    I hope the sickness is starting to ease for those of you that suffer from it. I've been really lucky not to have that problem, buckets of nausea but without any actual throwing up :)

The nausea has totally cleared up for me but I am still exhausted, and having trouble sleeping through the night which isn't helping. Most nights I seem to wake 5 or 6 times and some of those times I really struggle to get back to sleep.

I miss sleep :(

Beginning to get other things organised now too. Still haven't told anyone, we're thinking the later we tell them the better. My hubby doesn't want to tell his family until after the baby has been born, but that seems a bit extreme to me :)

Yes, I hope the sickness has eased up for some of you too. I had bad nausea up to 10 weeks but it seems to have eased off a lot since. I just have to make sure to keep snacking and not go too long without food. So I guess I'm lucky. (Had bad nausea & vomiting until 17 weeks on first babs, so I'm surprised it has subsided so much already).

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well squiggler. I'm exhausted too every evening after cookin the din & can't manage to do anything else for the evening. My house is a tip but it will have to wait until the weekend now for a good clean!

Had a scan on Weds & all is well thank god. Great to see the little bean moving about. Hope some of the rest of you have had scans too. Into the second trimester now...hard to believe.

I haven't told anyone bar immediate family & just not ready to tell work/friends yet. Anyone else feel like that? It's not that im not excited about this preg, just when u start telling then everyone knows & its all q's, etc. Dont think ill get away with it too much longer at work though. Dont fit into any of my trousers anymore & get awful bloatedness in the afternoons...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

jeeney wrote: »
    Yes, I hope the sickness has eased up for some of you too. I had bad nausea up to 10 weeks but it seems to have eased off a lot since. I just have to make sure to keep snacking and not go too long without food. So I guess I'm lucky. (Had bad nausea & vomiting until 17 weeks on first babs, so I'm surprised it has subsided so much already).

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well squiggler. I'm exhausted too every evening after cookin the din & can't manage to do anything else for the evening. My house is a tip but it will have to wait until the weekend now for a good clean!

Had a scan on Weds & all is well thank god. Great to see the little bean moving about. Hope some of the rest of you have had scans too. Into the second trimester now...hard to believe.

I haven't told anyone bar immediate family & just not ready to tell work/friends yet. Anyone else feel like that? It's not that im not excited about this preg, just when u start telling then everyone knows & its all q's, etc. Dont think ill get away with it too much longer at work though. Dont fit into any of my trousers anymore & get awful bloatedness in the afternoons...

I thought my nausea was gone but the last few days its back with avengence.
    I have lost weight as all my jeans are lose. I am only just elevan weeks so hopefully it will ease off soon.

My little fella has started to waking at four every morning which is not helping.
    I think he is getting his back teeth.

I wont be having my scan until i am 17 weeks. It must be really busy as it was always twelve weeks there. Does anyone know if i can find out the sex at 17 weeks or is it too early?.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Hi all! I had a good day yesterday I went for my dating scan and all was well. Im 13 weeks now! All along iv been nearly waiting for something bad to happen but I feel now that I'm in the second trimester that my chances are alot better. Started to get excited now : ) Not that at this stage we want to be buying loads of stuff but did anyone see the Dunnes baby event loads of stuff half price... Sterilisers etc just said I'd throw it out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Hi all,

Due 30th September. Third pregnancy. Already have a 3 year old and an 18 month old. Had a very tough time with post natal depression after No. 2 and this pregnancy was not planned so have had to come to terms with it but very excited now, althought the thought of having a 3 year old, a 2 year old and a new born come September makes me a little bit :eek::eek:.

I've been really sick on all 3 pregnancies but my word, I can't remember the others being as bad as this. I've been off work since Week 6 and have only been out of the house a handful of times for GP and hospital appointments since then. Touch wood, the constant nausea and frequent vomiting appear to be easing as I come up to Week 11 but I had it until Week 16 with No. 1 and Week 20 with No. 2 so not getting too excited yet!

My hormones are all over the shop at the moment, crying at the most ridiculous things! I cried watching 'Table Dancer Diaries' the other evening. Don't ask!

The only good thing about being so sick is that I've managed to do lots of reading in between bouts of vomiting. Have finished Patti Smith's 'Just Kids', Kristen Hersh's 'Paradoxical Undressing' and half way through Chritios Tsiolkas's 'The Slap'. YAY!

Welcome to the gang Vel. Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Hi All,

Feeling a lot better with regards to the morning sickness the last few days. Still a few dodgy hours early in the day but a lot better all round. Thanks to all who reminded me it wouldn't always be so bad :D

I am fairly hormonal though - who has ever heard of someone driving to work bawling crying to a Beyonce song?!

Have a scan tomorrow and will be 12 weeks next Wednesday so I know there will be a huge weight off my shoulders then. Mother in law is bursting to tell people but to her credit she has kept it to herself for what must feel like forever at this stage :)

Hope everyone is feeling good

Welcome Vel. Wow three under four your hands will be full. It will be worth it!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

MintyDoris wrote: »
    I am fairly hormonal though - who has ever heard of someone driving to work bawling crying to a Beyonce song?!

Ha! Glad its not just me... last wednesday I was sitting in my car outside my house bawling crying to Katy Perry "Firework". Its so sad, on so many levels :rolleyes:

Told my friends yesterday that I was 12 weeks pregnant and one of my friends announced -cos she couldnt keep it in- "I'm 6 weeks pregnant". Im so delighted it wont be just me. Hurrah!

• Advertisement

Emma - did you not know that all Katy Perry's songs have another deeply emotional level that not everyone can understand and appreciate ;) Everytime I hear that song now I will think of you hahahha

Had my first scan today. It was just .... brilliant! I don't have the words. Have been watching the videos over and over and trying to get it to sink in that thats my baby!!

Feel so much more positive now. I dont feel as worried or as stressed as I realise I had been. I also dont walk into Mothercare with a guilty face feeling like I dont belong there. The OH gave me time to wander around Mothercare for a while today and actively got involved in a discussion about cribs which I wasnt expecting him to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I'm 11+1 and although I'm still suffering nausea, headaches and low blood pressure....I'm not noticing any difference in my tummy. I can't remember from the last pregnancy if i felt any difference at this stage. I can lie on my belly at night no problem. Anyone else like that or have ye noticed its more sensitive?

Hi Queen of Sheebs,

I'm the same i cant feel any difference with my tummy yet. I was 14 weeks the last time before i started noticing a change.

Congrats Mintydoris on the scan its such a relief. I have another five weeks to wait for mine which is so annoying.

Anyone else have terrible acne?. I have spots all over my face and back.
    Cant go anywhere without makeup. Never had spots on my back before.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭DollyB

Hello Ladies!
    I'm new on this.
    I'm 13wks + 6 Days. Found out at 5 weeks. Had a scan at 6 weeks (had to go internal as we couldn't see anything much through the skin) and another at 9 weeks seen heart and baby both great. Also heard the heart beat so were all good.
    Just looking to talk to other people at the smae stages as me :) And Congrats to everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sowdublin

Hello All,

Just discovered this post today! Very excited to see many on the same page as me. I have my first appointment tomorrow and just 12 weeks now. I have registered at Coombe. This is our first baby and lotsa anxiety. Like most of you, I have started looking for baby stuff on the net. Haven't really put on any weight overall, but my jeans/other trousers dont fit me anymore. Bra size gone up by one and 2 cups! That was a bit scary to find out. It looks as though I got a boob job done :D. Is it the same case with everyone else around here?!

Cheers & Congrats!

sowdublin wrote: »
    Hello All,

Just discovered this post today! Very excited to see many on the same page as me. I have my first appointment tomorrow and just 12 weeks now. I have registered at Coombe. This is our first baby and lotsa anxiety. Like most of you, I have started looking for baby stuff on the net. Haven't really put on any weight overall, but my jeans/other trousers dont fit me anymore. Bra size gone up by one and 2 cups! That was a bit scary to find out. It looks as though I got a boob job done :D. Is it the same case with everyone else around here?!

Cheers & Congrats!

Congrats sowdublin!!

Have you had any scan yet? I have a bump already :eek: family think the baby will be a big one if I keep growing at this rate! As for bra sizes I was a DD before and then went down to a D now I'm bigger than a DD but not that big that I will fit an E it is so annoying!! So I'm wearing the ever sexy sports style bras ;).

Thanks and congrats to you too DollyB :)

I'm having a scan & blood test appt today at Coombe. Thats going to be my 1st scan. Which hosp have you booked yourself in? I'll get to know my EDD today. Even I've got a little baby bump. Though I can cover it up with loose clothes. I'm soo excited bout the 1st scan., cant wait to see how it looks.. :)

Thanks and congrats to you too DollyB :)

I'm having a scan & blood test appt today at Coombe. Thats going to be my 1st scan. Which hosp have you booked yourself in? I'll get to know my EDD today. Even I've got a little baby bump. Though I can cover it up with loose clothes. I'm soo excited bout the 1st scan., cant wait to see how it looks.. :)

Good luck with it hun. You will be in awe of the baby, I couldn't help but cry. I'm with the HSE so will be going to my local university hospital :) .

I'm soo excited bout the 1st scan., cant wait to see how it looks.. :)

Sowdublin, enjoy the scan! I thought it was brilliant. Let us know how you get on

Welcome Dollyb and Sowdublin!. Hope your scan went well Sowdublin.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday. My bp was quiet low and they took blood as well to check iron levels. I dont mind as i was on Galfer most of my last pregnancy. I didnt have a kidney infection thank God . I was plagued last time. I was antibiotics till i was seven months.

I am beginning to feel like myself the last couple of days. How is everyone else feeling?.

• Advertisement

Welcome dollyb & sowdub. How was the scan sowdub?

Elaney, sorry to hear your bp was low. Hopefully it'll sort itself out soon. I'm with ya re kidney inf. Ya poor thing I'd say you suffered. Although I didn't have kidney inf, I had cystitis from five months til bitter end with last preg. No antibiotics would work & i had to take herbal rememdies to help me cope! This preg I had two weeks of cystitis and thankfully antib have cured it. I get niggly pains now and again & in one way Im just waiting for it to come back when I get bigger & bump gets heavier..!

I'm feeling alright this weather, just wicked tired. But then busy at work & tryin to sort meself out for wedding tomor!

Hopethe rest of ye are doing well.

My sister does gets cystitis and she has a horrible time with it. Must be
    horrible when you are pregnant . Enjoy the wedding tomo. Hope everyone
    else has a lovely weekend. Oh and happy mothers day to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

had my 12 weeks scan last week and it was great, made it feel a bit more real. Although I've been feeling so well lately its easy to forget I'm pregnant, no bump yet either! Told some of the family this weekend, great reaction. Happy days!

12 week scan in half an hour!! Getting excited but nervous too. I'm sitting in the car with my jeans open! They fit perfectly on saturday!!

Hope you enjoyed your scan queen of sheebs and all went well! It's a great feelin to see the little thing moving about!

Hi Lovely ladies,

Had my 1st scan and appointment last week at Coombe. Unfortunately we got to know during the scan that the fetus stopped growing at 7 weeks itself and there was no cardiac activity. Doc suggested that we get it out asap so that it wouldnt infect my uterus. Underwent an emergency removal procedure. Hard to come out of it. I pray to god that no one else goes thru this ordeal. You ladies enjoy the term. I cant wait to get back to the same discussion board ASAP! :)

Cheers!
    Sowjanya

Sowdublin, such sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sowdublin i'm so sorry for your loss. My best friend had a missed miscarriage a few years ago and it was heartbreaking for them. However she got pregnant again a month later and had a beautiful baby boy. She currently pregnant on no. 2. Prayers and thoughts with you at this time and also hope to see you again soon on the pregnancy board. Take care of yourself.

Scan went well this morning. very relieved and excited.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear of your loss Sowdublin. Look after yourself and hope to see you back soon.

Congrats Queen of Sheebs on your scan.

Advertisement