Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I'm applying for an internship with Goldmas Sachs. Take that, Occupy movement!

Good luck!

Though I'm pretty sure you should call them Goldman Sachs in your application..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

If you don't want it there that's horrible of them! Even if its just for fun, they should take it off if you ask them.
    I don't mind too much, but the fact some of them are friends with my family on Facebook is worrying me a little :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

any horrible shameful photos of any of them on facebook? you could return the favour. mwahha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I don't mind too much, but the fact some of them are friends with my family on Facebook is worrying me a little :/

Not to put a downer on things, but employers are known to be turning to Facebook stalking when hiring new recruits. Incriminating evidence on profiles related to you (particularly ones that are not set to private) is not generally considered a good idea.

Also, everyone should re-check their privacy settings. Facebook will not stop changing them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It's hard to keep track of Noel's name changes! :P :pac: (joys of being a subscriber >__>)

Also, speaking of name changes, isn't the Den due one? :D CRAIC DEN PLZ!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This isn't the real Den of Doom until the man himself posts here. Konata, tell the good Doctor that his awesome presence is required! o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Listening to Jako8 killin' it on ULFM right now :L

"Hello, Colm.. Caha..lane? We salute you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

Apparently this is the place to come and chat... Im here... Now I have nothing to say... Hi ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

PeefsPixie wrote: »
    Apparently this is the place to come and chat... Im here... Now I have nothing to say... Hi ^_^
    Hello. Please tell us about yourself in 20 words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Yes, this is the Den of Doom, we like our friendly, welcoming thread titles! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Today in school, my English teacher turned on her computer, and Jesus of Nazareth started playing by itself and wouldn't stop :pac:

She got dead freaked out, she doesn't even remember saving it to her computer either :pac:

Welcoming indeed =P
    The names Aoife, im a month off 21 and living in Cork. 20 words isnt enough for someone who cantshutzefookuplikeme...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Welcoming indeed =P
    The names Aoife, im a month off 21 and living in Cork. 20 words isnt enough for someone who cantshutzefookuplikeme...
    Hello Aoife, I'm Aoife :p

I'm being bold and procrastinating >___>

I GOT MAH LIPS, GOT MAH BODY, GOT A POCKET FULL OF HAWTHORNES, P-P-P-POCKET FULL OF HAWTHORNESSSS.

Now this was bound to happen... Cant go anywhere without running into an Aoife or 5, haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Interesting name change :D i was like i didnt sub.... oh wait i did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Had the earliest start I've had all semester. Really, really shouldn't ruin actually being up at a reasonable time by napping. I've downed 3 cups of coffee but bed looks so cosy right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Just watching a behind the scene of a Justin B video and my ears a near bleeding. WTH. Thats with the speakers turned down, All the screaming. I do feel sorry for that kid. I'd take early retirement if i was him:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ladsssssssssssss :) *Bats eyelashes*

Yano how 100 is log10(small) 10
    Well I get that right, but how do I get 5 as log2(small) something?
    Like I know I need to have the X and I end up with fractions, but I never wrote down how to do it and I cant do any homework without this lil piece of info..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

deise_girl wrote: »
    Ladsssssssssssss :) *Bats eyelashes*

Yano how 100 is log10(small) 10
    Well I get that right, but how do I get 5 as log2(small) something?
    Like I know I need to have the X and I end up with fractions, but I never wrote down how to do it and I cant do any homework without this lil piece of info..

Cheek of ye! Pay attention in class! *has forgotten how to do them since June*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Cheek of ye! Pay attention in class! *has forgotten how to do them since June*

Lawl if you saw our maths class... Most relaxing and fun class of the day >.<

Okay I have log2(small) x = 5
    So 2^x = 5
    I need to make the 5 a 2^ of something, but I cant. But that seems a noble try..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

1,000 posts :cool: Hellllllllla yea :cool: Deise...I'll swap with you? Do my college work and I'll do your Maths? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

deise_girl wrote: »
    Lawl if you saw our maths class... Most relaxing and fun class of the day >.<

Okay I have log2(small) x = 5
    So 2^x = 5
    I need to make the 5 a 2^ of something, but I cant. But that seems a noble try..
    You could change the base? Uhh, I'm taking out of my rear here but logeA/logeB. A being the number, B being the base. Is this making any sense? Uhh. has to be in log form to do that by the way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Deisegirl, if you want to solve 2^x = 5, then just take logs of both sides. In this case, take log to the base 2, because this will give you just x on the left side.

You're left with x = log_2 (5) (that's log to the base 2, of 5). If you have a scientific calculator, you can work this out straight away as 2.321928. If you don't have a scientific calculator with a log_a (x) button, then you may need to use a change of base formula to get it in terms of base 10 (which is just referred to as log, often without the base put in the notation) or base e (sometimes called ln, natural log).

Check your answer: 2^2.321928 = 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

1,000 posts :cool: Hellllllllla yea :cool: Deise...I'll swap with you? Do my college work and I'll do your Maths? :p
    Are you studying Chemistry in college? :)

Are you studying Chemistry in college? :)

I was last year but I fecked up the year and couldnt do it all again so moved to Arts xD Huge change I know :pac:

All the best people study arts though, tbh *nods*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

What about us engineers? I think we're loveable rogues. Loveable, predominantly male, socally inept rogues.

Ohh hells yea! and its aint a doss like people seem to think >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

What about us engineers? I think we're loveable rogues. Loveable, predominantly male, socally inept rogues.

Amen.

Us science folk are the same :o

Advertisement