Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Eamon Delaney.
    /shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RBB is obviously trying to grow a moustache. Or maybe he was dressed up as "The Count" earlier and forgot to wash off the ink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Well in mayo they are going to take to court the people who refuse to pay the household charge.

Min wrote: »
    Well in mayo they are going to take to court the people who refuse to pay the household charge.

That would take years, clog up the courts and is probably just a scare tactic.

I just want to clarify, I didn't vote for Phil Hogan, never have, never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 notagardawife

Lisha wrote: »
    Defiantly , and also that you could drive on a country road without the fear of losing your car in a pothole

Or drive 80k to a hospital.

Defiantly , and also that you could drive on a country road without the fear of losing your car in a pothole

There was a pothole near my home a few years ago. One day a motorist saw two ears sticking up from it as he approached. He thought it must have been a rabbit. It turned out to be a donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

This is a great country - we want more social workers, more teachers, more guards, more prisons, more doctors, more nurses etc etc ... but no we don't want to pay anymore tax. Deluded or what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Reminds me of this one :D

Pothole-Ireland.jpg

http://globallyirish.com/archives/tag/pothole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Good loser

If they had a Property Tax that included your water charges, bins etc then I would have no problem with it but we won't get that. It is just a revenue raising tax.

As is the purpose of all taxes. Tha discussion is chaotic. That Charlie Weston doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

If their are 433,000 people earning over €100,000 their total income at exactly €100,000 would be €433 bn. While Gross Domestic Product is €165 bn. Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Min wrote: »

Have they sent a bill to any of these people? It will last all of 1 minute in court if your accused of not paying a charge you were never issued a bill for. The household charge has no bearing in law and is a voluntary charge which people have voluntered to pay by registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Today, Phil Hogan handed over 740,000 euro of Irish taxpayers' money from the Department of Environment to a bunch of racist bigots known as The Orange Order. If that's not reason enough for refusing to pay the Household Charge, then nothing is.

Callan57 wrote: »
    This is a great country - we want more social workers, more teachers, more guards, more prisons, more doctors, more nurses etc etc ... but no we don't want to pay anymore tax. Deluded or what? :confused:

Not exactly.
    I would pay more Income Tax before I could even think of paying a tax aimed at my private home.

Callan57 wrote: »

The Germans should pay for it, why should we pay taxes when the Germans can pay for it instead?

:p

Jerry Hall Alert :D:D:D

MrsD007 wrote: »

Ha ha I was just about to post something similar.
    Someone will never live that down :D:D

Good loser wrote: »
    As is the purpose of all taxes. Tha discussion is chaotic. That Charlie Weston doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

If their are 433,000 people earning over €100,000 their total income at exactly €100,000 would be €433 bn. While Gross Domestic Product is €165 bn. Crazy.

Faux pas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ha ha I was just about to post something similar.
    Someone will never live that down :D:D

I'll get my coat :o

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Good loser

RBB 'I wouldn't have stood over those figures'. (the 433,000 earning €100,000 +)

How honest - pity he didn't say it at the time.

Vinny's topics tonight are as follows:

New proposal to have limited Oireachtas inquiries - is there any point to them? And would they be independent of government.

Is Sean Quinn on the verge of going to jail for contempt?

Tonight's panel, Mick Clifford, Noel Whelan and John McGuinness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The fact that they are producing legislation to set up these inquires makes a mockery of the last referendum.

Are you "ashertive" MRS?

Are you "ashertive" MRS?
    I'm searching my living room for the hidden camera :eek: I was just slagging him off :D. He keeps using the word too, anyone else would avoid it.

Vinny is hard on the eyes tonight. Too many stripes going in all directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    The fact that they are producing legislation to set up these inquires makes a mockery of the last referendum.
    no it doesn't. :rolleyes:
    they want to introduce new inquiries, which they feel are required and within the constitution.

Vinny is hard on the eyes tonight. Too many stripes going in all directions.
    I'm actually a bit disappointed in Mick Clifford :( The cheek of him to come into my living room without a tie :D

I'm convinced that Noel Whelan got false teeth or had some dental work done recently and it is affecting his speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Same old same old,
    mock exasperated Vincent alongside three country bumpkins.

He introduces the topic of the Inquiries and then feigns exasperation and delights in the fact that the topic has been discussed. What will fill the rest of the time for the segment with.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

''Ireland has been the best boy in the class''...... Boy, that has worked well so far (not)

I really want Sean Quinn to be jailed for contempt tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I really want Sean Quinn to be jailed for contempt tomorrow.

I want them all jailed, Drumm, Fitzer, etc etc and the "blind" regulator.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement