Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,036 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

spirit_77 wrote: »
    if anyones lookin for a decent game, i recommend newcastle :)
    I don't recommend Barnsley. Wanted to start a bit higher up than my last game and I only pick teams now that are old and have history, they start off with like 2 or 3 players up to standard and not much room for wages and low transfer funds, getting hockey 3 or 4-0 every game bar ironically one or 2 home games where I beat teams in the top 5. Gonna keep plugging away as I may be able to sort something out in January but relegation is a real possibility and I've never been relegated in FM so it'll be a new experience anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Went on a ten win streak with Liverpool beating Chelsea 3-1 and Man City 4-1, now I keep losing, lost 5-1 to Swansea and 6-1 to Bolton :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mc Love wrote: »
    Was just looking at the rules for premier division (ROI) and 1st place says 35k for winning but 2nd gets 87k? Is that because first team are playing in Champs league??

Just checked it again and 1st gets 47k and 2nd gets 119k! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Makes perfect sense...Welcome to the FAI:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

If you go into the team profile you will be able to see the owner of whoever is likely to finish second. If he is related to John Delaney or perhaps a local politician there is your answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Well it's now Jan 1 2020 and i've been doing well. I'm into the First Knockout stage of the Champions League at the first time of asking and i'm currently top of the league (with the all conquering Arsenal just behind me).

My Super Striker Flores has been doing the business. He's scored 27 goals in 19 league games so far this season, unbelievable.

if you read my previous posts however, the kid Arsenal beat me to the singing of, Ortega (the other Mexican lad) just won World Player of the Year. No big deal :(

Anyway, onward and upward. Gonna deepen my squad and try take this league down!

Well, Arsenal were just too good! Came second in the league but moral victory as my superstar striker Flores beat that blasted Ortega to Top Scorer (but not POTY :( ) with an amazing 44 league goals!

Managed to finally secure the signing of a young Italian player i've been tracking since he was 16. As an 18 year old he was one of the top strikers in the game but Parma wouldn't let him go, even when I offered £50m! He's now 23.

Then at the end of last season, he signed a new contract with a £17.5m release fee clause. I was in there like swimwear!

So now we're 3 games in with 9 points, Flores has scored 3 and the young Italian has scored 6!

I've shored up the defence (as much as I could) and looking to challenge for the title this year.

COME ON YOU MAGPIES!!

busyliving wrote: »
    Makes perfect sense...Welcome to the FAI:D
    ColHol wrote: »
    If you go into the team profile you will be able to see the owner of whoever is likely to finish second. If he is related to John Delaney or perhaps a local politician there is your answer.

119k goes to Limerick :D

Do any of you using training, I am just using default at the moment, and seems to work fine. Looks like they took away the onus on training in this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

119k goes to Limerick :D

Do any of you using training, I am just using default at the moment, and seems to work fine. Looks like they took away the onus on training in this game?

What makes you think that

Custom schedules make a huge difference imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

aaronh007 wrote: »
    One thing you should do is look at their info screen and see who they are similar to in the first team squad and get that squad member to tutor them.
    Where do you see this? When I look at the info screen of the youngsters it sometimes says, for example "could be the next Michael Owen". But they are never compared to anyone in my time. Am I looking in the wrong place?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Where do you see this? When I look at the info screen of the youngsters it sometimes says, for example "could be the next Michael Owen". But they are never compared to anyone in my time. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I think that's the screen... but it depends on the length of time the player has been at your club

• Advertisement

I think that's the screen... but it depends on the length of time the player has been at your club
    Any chance you can take a screenshot of your screen when it shows that, I really want to take advantage of the youth facilities for once because over the last few years every decent prospect I've had never improves :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Whenever I get a decent looking youth I chuck them striaght in to the first team. Start them out with a few subs appearances and if they play well give them a few starts. Came across four quality (by Irish league standards) players like that last season who are now my top players (Plus a fifth who got a shot because my other keepers were muck). May be after finding another due to injury this season. Short on fit strikers (Thats what happens when you're playing every two or three days :-/) so I threw a youth player in for his debut and he scored. Gave him a few more games and he now has I think five goals in seven games. Delighted that it wasnt just a one off game for him like has happened in the past.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Whenever I get a decent looking youth I chuck them striaght in to the first team. Start them out with a few subs appearances and if they play well give them a few starts. Came across four quality (by Irish league standards) players like that last season who are now my top players (Plus a fifth who got a shot because my other keepers were muck). May be after finding another due to injury this season. Short on fit strikers (Thats what happens when you're playing every two or three days :-/) so I threw a youth player in for his debut and he scored. Gave him a few more games and he now has I think five goals in seven games. Delighted that it wasnt just a one off game for him like has happened in the past.
    Yeah I'm gonna have to start bringing youngsters with me on the bench, Ive only played them in cup games so far. I have put them on custom schedules and also got some senior players to tutor them.
    I took screenshots of the players to see if they've made a good improvement in the future. What do you think of these prospects?

Player 1
    Player 2
    Player 3
    Player 4

I'll link these players' report cards again in the future once they've hopefully become stars :D

Dempsey wrote: »
    What makes you think that

Custom schedules make a huge difference imo

Because my team seem to be doing really well with the default one. Just downloaded Duncans training to see if it makes any difference

EDIT:Is it just me or is there too many offsides given?

2nd EDIT: Just turned down Millwall to stay at Limerick (they were after being relegated to League 1) - want to at least manage a Championship club

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Very tempted to pick this up.

I haven't properly played a manager game since the LMA games, which i adored. I played Championship Manager 2010 quite a bit as well.
    Might pick it up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Any chance you can take a screenshot of your screen when it shows that, I really want to take advantage of the youth facilities for once because over the last few years every decent prospect I've had never improves :/

Sorry it took so long to get back to you... hadn't played in a while, but here's a shot of it on one of my youngsters screens

Picture8-6.png

Well, Arsenal were just too good! Came second in the league but moral victory as my superstar striker Flores beat that blasted Ortega to Top Scorer (but not POTY :( ) with an amazing 44 league goals!

Managed to finally secure the signing of a young Italian player i've been tracking since he was 16. As an 18 year old he was one of the top strikers in the game but Parma wouldn't let him go, even when I offered £50m! He's now 23.

Then at the end of last season, he signed a new contract with a £17.5m release fee clause. I was in there like swimwear!

So now we're 3 games in with 9 points, Flores has scored 3 and the young Italian has scored 6!

I've shored up the defence (as much as I could) and looking to challenge for the title this year.

COME ON YOU MAGPIES!!

Was crushing the league for months and then went on this ridiculous run of 9 losses in 10 games. Completely ruined my bloody league season!! I finished 5th in the end just as I was getting used to the Champions League.............

However, I also went on to win the League Cup, then the FA Cup and then the Champions League :D

Get in there!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you... hadn't played in a while, but here's a shot of it on one of my youngsters screens

Picture8-6.png
    Ah thanks for that. That definitely isn't on my screen, maybe I need a better assistant manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Lads Im trying to play a 2 player game, Im downloading hamachi but it wont connect, it just says reconnecting forever.. anyone any ideas?? Tried latest and older version...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Whats the best Premiership side to manage as a genuine challenge?
    Chelsea, man City etc, are no good as you just have unlimited money and its too easy

I'm looking for a side with decent enought rep and budget so you have some chance

Is Newcastle any good, they would have a good starting side.
    I tried them in Fm2011 but most players wouldnt come to such a lowly side!

• Advertisement

Whats the best Premiership side to manage as a genuine challenge?
    Chelsea, man City etc, are no good as you just have unlimited money and its too easy

I'm looking for a side with decent enought rep and budget so you have some chance

Is Newcastle any good, they would have a good starting side.
    I tried them in Fm2011 but most players wouldnt come to such a lowly side!

I'm Newcastle manager. It's taken me longer than normal to create success but I like it. Best finish is 2nd in the League but I won FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League last season and am putting together a nice challenge this season so far

I'm Newcastle manager. It's taken me longer than normal to create success but I like it. Best finish is 2nd in the League but I won FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League last season and am putting together a nice challenge this season so far

Cool, what transfer kitty do you get? Can you attract any wonder kids or Hamsik for example?

I presume you have to tightly balance the books and you get increased funds based on success?

Looking forward to developing some of the players I dont normally get the chance to because I go for the normal faves like Cavani etc

Cool, what transfer kitty do you get? Can you attract any wonder kids or Hamsik for example?

I presume you have to tightly balance the books and you get increased funds based on success?

Looking forward to developing some of the players I dont normally get the chance to because I go for the normal faves like Cavani etc

Budget wasn't very big at all. And wonderkids didn't really wanna come here. Had to take the long route and build the club up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Lads Im trying to play a 2 player game, Im downloading hamachi but it wont connect, it just says reconnecting forever.. anyone any ideas?? Tried latest and older version...:(

I don't know but I got it working (even though I'm **** when it comes to things like that!) with a friend and its great craic!

Care to share your side or your starting out side?

I got a 8 million transfer kitty, managed to get a few wonder kids in on loan with a cheap option to buy
    Prestia, Giuseppe
    Torres, Erick
    Sanogo, Yaya
    Niang, Mbaye
    Anderson, Felipe
    Vrsaljko, Sime
    Matthias Ostrzolek

but most superstars wont come near me (yet)
    or I couldnt offer the wages.
    The other problem is I have no feeder club to ship kids off to whilst they wait on a work permit. The club just doesnt see the need!

beat Sunderland first game 3-0, but...
    Ba got injured out for 6 weeks, only 5 mins in and then Gutierrez in the second half for 4 weeks!

Your right though, its a much more interesting challenge, and this time all the kids will get loads of games and develop, instead of being backup to more expensive established players

Care to share your side or your starting out side?

I got a 8 million transfer kitty, managed to get a few wonder kids in on loan with a cheap option to buy
    Prestia, Giuseppe
    Torres, Erick
    Sanogo, Yaya
    Niang, Mbaye
    Anderson, Felipe
    Vrsaljko, Sime
    Matthias Ostrzolek

but most superstars wont come near me (yet)
    or I couldnt offer the wages.
    The other problem is I have no feeder club to ship kids off to whilst they wait on a work permit. The club just doesnt see the need!

beat Sunderland first game 3-0, but...
    Ba got injured out for 6 weeks, only 5 mins in and then Gutierrez in the second half for 4 weeks!

Your right though, its a much more interesting challenge, and this time all the kids will get loads of games and develop, instead of being backup to more expensive established players

Man it's now 22nd Feb 2022 in my game so i haven't a bog what my team was like haha.

Although Ba was a super player for me. I was able to bring in Daniel Sturridge on loan and they were a great partnership! I was eventually able to get Sturridge on a free, best bit of business ever. He's now in the "Club Legends" section of the Club Information tab alongside Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan and Bobby Robson.

I have Felipe Anderson in my squad right now actually.

Man it's now 22nd Feb 2022 in my game so i haven't a bog what my team was like haha.

Although Ba was a super player for me. I was able to bring in Daniel Sturridge on loan and they were a great partnership! I was eventually able to get Sturridge on a free, best bit of business ever. He's now in the "Club Legends" section of the Club Information tab alongside Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan and Bobby Robson.

I have Felipe Anderson in my squad right now actually.

Thats exactly what I mean, I always end up shipping out Danny Sturridge as I have more exotic offerings, like Neymar and Cavani!
    Must try approaching chelsea with a view to a loan.

Be interesting to see if the Newcastle board sell my best players from under me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Whats people take on formations. The best i can do in the league is always about 5th 6th or 7th every season. Got 4th once and won the Champions League two years in a row to stay in it. Im destroying everyone in Europe but not in the Premiership. Do people mix up their tactics to approach every game or stick to a formation that best suits your players?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Whats people take on formations. The best i can do in the league is always about 5th 6th or 7th every season. Got 4th once and won the Champions League two years in a row to stay in it. Im destroying everyone in Europe but not in the Premiership. Do people mix up their tactics to approach every game or stick to a formation that best suits your players?
    Your tactics have to become fluid before they work to their potential. Changing them every game means that will take forever to happen. Usually takes me a few months to reach fluid and then suddenly things go brilliantly. Tweek around with them in the preseason friendlies then try to leave them as is unless you are forced to change them.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »

4-5-1 works for me for against most teams, Pool, Utd, City etc
    4-4-1-1 works against Newcastle
    4-2-2-2 I use this against weaker teams

Balanced and either counter or standard with get the ball forward shout
    Tackle hard, counter attack, more expressive, more roaming, more closing down, more direct passing, man marking, default crosses

Set up all your corner takers, throw ins etc, freekicks you can score a lot from them

Advertisement