Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Voice Of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭gilly0512

I though the Voice of Ireland was good until I watched the UK Voice, it is streets ahead of the Irish version, much better singers and the judges are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Who was in the bottom two with Kellie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

TV3 Now...

ALL ABOARD

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Not being smart here, but do any of ye actually vote for anyone on this? I've never voted so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Caraville wrote: »
    Not being smart here, but do any of ye actually vote for anyone on this? I've never voted so far anyway.

I've voted for Graham a few times. I'll be backing Pat or Kiera now.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Caraville wrote: »

Not a chance...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

absolute bull****.....iv been sayin this since the competition started........the people with the biggest campaigns are gonna win.........iv been commentin on the youtube videos for ages about this.....liam has got virtually no campaign going so he hasnt a hope of winning even though he is 1 ov the best if not the best in the competition........pat (even though he is quite good) has a huge campaign going along wit alot of other average singers in the competition......why the **** do these people vote for their local person even though they are **** and there never gonna buy their music or go watch them.
    rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

TV3 Now...

ALL ABOARD

:pac:

Smell Ice can ya?! Bleedin CHRIST!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,002 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Graham gone :confused: WTF :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Shocking public voting. It's no longer about the voice but about how many of your friends text in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 adrianna_cerva

Caught up with this online as have missed it the last while. Conor is my favourite so far! I acutally thought the girl who went tonight was pretty good and lovely looking too, there were far worse than her :confused: The guy who went wasnt the worst but it was a terrible song choice and he was quite shouty.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,002 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Bressie will be the winning mentor with Pat or Conor, Richie will make it to semi or even the finals

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Just watched the show, I thought the comments on the Thread pretty much summed up the show. I was surprised the skinny girl was kept on - I thought her performance was the poorest of the night. Kian was put on the spot all right - didn't think the voting reflected the performances on the night.

The english version seems to have the edge on the overall presentation so far....we'll see about that in due course....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Shame about Kian's "bottom two". it was an awful choice to have to make. it's hard to stay interested, when the public vote like that.

An other thing - I find the format of the show a bit confusing - they way they do one half one week and the other half the next week. The show loses impetus with this arrangement, as you've kinda forgotten the contestants from the previous week, by the time they come on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Just seen the Top 20 Ratings, for the week ended on Sunday on MediaLive.

And it shows that The Voice didn't even reach the Top 20 for RTE1.
    The results did however come 9th place with 388,000.
    Have viewers gotten bored and left the show in droves after hitting around 600,000 in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    Just seen the Top 20 Ratings, for the week ended on Sunday on MediaLive.

And it shows that The Voice didn't even reach the Top 20 for RTE1.
    The results did however come 9th place with 388,000.
    Have viewers gotten bored and left the show in droves after hitting around 600,000 in January?

You would need to look at the TV Now/RTÉ Guide ratings as they include under 15s. But it is not good, not even in the top 10 shows this week when you include TV3's Coronation Street. (Again for an adult audience).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

I've gone off it completely. It was good at the beginning when the whole focus was on 'the voice' but it's just a normal singing competition now which is extremely boring.

And that Eoghan guy in the 'engine room' reading out tweets and harassing the contestants doesn't make it any entertaining.

Overall it's fast becoming another pointless program on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

IMO, they need to rethink the format. It's "all over the place", far as I can see. I'm not keen on Eoghan's role. If there are thousands of tweets to pick from, what's the point of picking just one? Those he picks sometimes can be upsetting for some of the contestants - something they don't need after they've had their performance and comments from the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Eoghan is such a d-bag. Really does my head in, and his stupid incessant pranks are just... stupid!

I agree the format is all over the place. Is the format the exact same globally?

There's about 2 singers on it I'd consider world class, another 2/3 more I like to watch

but splittin it between 2 sets of judges is so confusing, and ultimately crap in terms of an 'each man for himself' contest

Anyways, its on RTE, so Im not gonna take it too seriously

My biggest shock is that they sold out, chargin people into the audience at the Helix

Loz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Olly Murs is performing on the Results Show this Week

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0329/murso.html

Maybe he can give Kathryn and Eoghan a few tips on how to present a live Show while he is here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Kian and Eoghan for the bottom 2...

I've gone off it completely. It was good at the beginning when the whole focus was on 'the voice' but it's just a normal singing competition now which is extremely boring.

And that Eoghan guy in the 'engine room' reading out tweets and harassing the contestants doesn't make it any entertaining.

Overall it's fast becoming another pointless program on RTE.

Yep its turned from an interesting concept into yet another gombeen voting cashcow for RTE...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Just watchin Britains Got Talent and that Ryan O'Shaughnessy(Fair City) dude is on singing one of his own songs. Total Cringefest stuff, the song is about a girl he fancies for past 6 years but hasn't told her yet. And low and behold they've put him through and Simon loves his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Just watchin Britains Got Talent and that Ryan O'Shaughnessy(Fair City) dude is on singing one of his own songs. Total Cringefest stuff, the song is about a girl he fancies for past 6 years but hasn't told her yet. And low and behold they've put him through and Simon loves his voice.

I thought he was quite good actually, I didn't love the guitar but he has a good voice.
    The story behind it is sweet :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Aw youre a meanie! He was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Seems like Mr O'Shaughnessy got on a bit better on Britain's Got Talent..

I found the story a bit nauseating tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I wonder if filming over lapped at all and what would have happened if he ended up going far in both shows.

He did really well in fairness to the lad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I wonder if filming over lapped at all and what would have happened if he ended up going far in both shows.

Apparently the BGT audition came after he got through to Brian's team on the Voice. He'd have already signed a contract with the Voice so would have had to stay there, or face serious legal troubles.

I thought his backstory was cute. :o His singing is good, as are his lyrics, but he isn't good enough to ever really have the career he wants. I think, ten years down the line, he'll be a song writer playing small enough gigs around the place.

That said, he could go far in BGT. That back story has got the ladies swooning and he's popular! Definitely making it to the lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Apparently the BGT audition came after he got through to Brian's team on the Voice. He'd have already signed a contract with the Voice so would have had to stay there, or face serious legal troubles.

I thought his backstory was cute. :o His singing is good, as are his lyrics, but he isn't good enough to ever really have the career he wants. I think, ten years down the line, he'll be a song writer playing small enough gigs around the place.

That said, he could go far in BGT. That back story has got the ladies swooning and he's popular! Definitely making it to the lives.

Yawn! why does BGT need backstories? I thought the story came across as Runner to Ryan: Okay come up with a good back story.
    Ryan: Okay, I fancied a girl!
    Runner: That's good! for how long?
    Ryan: 6 years
    Runner: Ahhhh! does she know?
    Ryan: Yeah
    Runner: And how does she feel about it?
    Ryan: Great we're going out!
    Runner: Emmmm, lets just say she does know.
    Ryan: Ok, I have a song about that
    Runner: Great! Not one of the better backstories on BGT but it'll do.

(I might promote the Runner to Researcher).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement