Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I never even came close to beating Nito by myself, beat him first time with a helper but must have had about 20 tries solo, very annoying journey back to him every time didn't help the frustration

Started my NG+ yesterday and was flying through it until I reached the Capra Demon, never had much trouble with him in my first playthrough but found him impossible last night, even in full Guardian armour he kills me in two hits and if I block an attack it depletes all my stamina, couldn't find anyone to summon either so just had to give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Harps wrote: »
    I never even came close to beating Nito by myself, beat him first time with a helper but must have had about 20 tries solo, very annoying journey back to him every time didn't help the frustration

Started my NG+ yesterday and was flying through it until I reached the Capra Demon, never had much trouble with him in my first playthrough but found him impossible last night, even in full Guardian armour he kills me in two hits and if I block an attack it depletes all my stamina, couldn't find anyone to summon either so just had to give up

You fighting him head on ? Not wise!!!!! run to the back up the stairs and out to the wee ledge on the right take out the dogs from there, he'll be coming up stairs by then so drop off and he'll follow then back up the stairs and drop attack him with r1/rb + repeat. If you are on xbox and in range of me at lvl 120 I can help you.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Finished NG+ tonight. Got through the Duke's Archives pretty quickly then killed Seath and Gwyn in my first attempts. Lvl 117 with +15 iaito. Had Solaire helping me with Gwyn this time around. :)
    Didn't light the bonfire this time, just walked out of the area. There was more of a cinematic this time around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have this game a while on PC, just havent got stuck into it properly yet.
    Played a few hours after PC release and loved it but had way too many games taking up my gaming time.
    Im thinking id best get stuck into it now with DS 2 in the works.
    Any suggestions for a good starting class?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Pyromancer is probably the best first suggestion. It's the only level 1 class but has a good mix of starting stats including 2 attunement slots for spells and strength that you can pump a few stats in and equip a decent weapon relatively early.

Also not to mention starting with the pryo's flame which is handy overall and throughout the game.

Second suggestion would be the wanderer, again decent stats at a relatively low level (starting level 3) with high dexterity, falchion sword and decent but light armor.

I'v never actually started the game with a Knight/Hunter/Warrior. There's not much to the starting classes except they dictate your starting equipment and starting starts. You could by all means choose a sorcerer and end up wielding huge weapons requiring high strength.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Finished NG+ tonight. Got through the Duke's Archives pretty quickly then killed Seath and Gwyn in my first attempts. Lvl 117 with +15 iaito. Had Solaire helping me with Gwyn this time around. :)
    Didn't light the bonfire this time, just walked out of the area. There was more of a cinematic this time around.

Hmmmm how close are you now to having all the weapons for the knights honour achievement?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    Hmmmm how close are you now to having all the weapons for the knights honour achievement?

Not close at all, sounded like too much hard work so not really been working towards it. Not sure i want to do that many playthroughs. Yourself?

That and the miracles one are the only ones I'm missing now.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not close at all, sounded like too much hard work so not really been working towards it. Not sure i want to do that many playthroughs. Yourself?

That and the miracles one are the only ones I'm missing now.

I've been co-op with a pal so I have access to 2 x most of the boss souls, haven't done Sif yet so need another of those after that the tail cuts from Seath and Priscella i think , i have to actually craft most of them but have access to Arno Londo to do it.

Edit: Saw you needed the miracles, if you bought/found them all then all you should need to do is get to unddead parish and use the soul from the last boss on the altar there

I've been co-op with a pal so I have access to 2 x most of the boss souls, haven't done Sif yet so need another of those after that the tail cuts from Seath and Priscella i think , i have to actually craft most of them but have access to Arno Londo to do it.

Edit: Saw you needed the miracles, if you bought/found them all then all you should need to do is get to unddead parish and use the soul from the last boss on the altar there

I think I have a Sif soul, will have to check, but if it's there you can have it (assuming I can drop that sort of thing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Just watched the sad alternate cutscene with
    sif where he recognise you and howls and grabs his sword
    . My heart broke in that scene :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been without a games platform for a while, but buying a PS3 and Dark Souls today...can't wait to play this again.

I hit a bit of a wall with my NG+ so thought I'd try a new build, made it to the Depths in less than an hour and a half and all was going perfectly. Just had a strange invasion though where the guy wouldn't attack me and kept dropping me stuff, didn't really know what to make of him but it caused me to lose my way a bit with the result that I've ended up cursed :rolleyes:

I had an odd invasion as well just now. Some well equipped looking guy kept saying sorry, dropped 7 Souls of Artorias, and then killed me (1 hit) once i picked them up. He then waved goodbye as i died.

Odd, but worked out well for my lvl10 character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I messed up on this, finally got Grant and Sanctus from Pally Leeroy on NG+++, and just have to make Chaos blade (which I somehow missed). Which currently means, beating Capra, to get the key to get the ember to ascend to +10 before I can make it. Bit pissed at myself for not having done this on a previous run.
    I then just have to make a +5 chaos weapon, and get the Prayer of the Maiden achivement for everything.

I messed up on this, finally got Grant and Sanctus from Pally Leeroy on NG+++, and just have to make Chaos blade (which I somehow missed). Which currently means, beating Capra, to get the key to get the ember to ascend to +10 before I can make it. Bit pissed at myself for not having done this on a previous run.
    I then just have to make a +5 chaos weapon, and get the Prayer of the Maiden achivement for everything.

I'm on target myself i think in NG+, just concerned about the tail cuts now from Priscilla and Seath, but I have done as reading so I am more prepped this time hopefully,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Officially finished dark souls

Dlc beaten
    Every Npc is dead
    wasted 50 Humanity
    Invaded 10 peoples worlds and lost half of time trolling :pac:
    People will no longer praise the sun

:D

wow I don;t remember getting invaded so often in the forest hunter place on my 1st play so often , in NG+ I had no sooner killed one than another was on me, over 1 million souls earned in less than 25 minutes :eek:

wow I don;t remember getting invaded so often in the forest hunter place on my 1st play so often , in NG+ I had no sooner killed one than another was on me, over 1 million souls earned in less than 25 minutes :eek:

Likewise in the Depths for me, finally beat the Capra Demon and I flew through the Depths yet must have been invaded about 10 times. Great fun though, nice to have some even matchups unlike the constant one-shot deaths in my NG.

Finally meeting some 'friendly' invaders as well, had one earlier invade me in a narrow corridor and he kept beckoning me until we got into the big open room with the giant rat so we could have a better fight

Also I thought sins were absolved for NG+ but I've been invaded by a couple of Spirits of Vengeance so not sure what's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The forest is the designated pvp zone as level restrictions are removed so it's always full of activity. I don't play very often anymore but sometimes I get in the mood for a session and just log in and run around the forest waiting for invaders. You can get up to 3 invaders at the same time sometimes!!

It's also the best way to farm souls as a lot of very very high SL players can invade and a kill can net you millions of souls per kill.

Currently need two miracles; one I missed in Ash lake, and one from Darkmoon Blade convenant, but I'm crap at pvp. :(

• Advertisement

Currently need two miracles; one I missed in Ash lake, and one from Darkmoon Blade convenant, but I'm crap at pvp. :(

The dev's seem to have worked in a way to to meet the covenant leveling requirements for people who were playing offline, I didn't do many of the invasions.

Patches sells the eye of death for the gravelord one.

For the dark moon blade one , go to painted world with max item discovery, up the stairs at the start, right up those stairs until you can go up the tower to the left, kill the 2 crows , take out a bow and aggro the 2 on the opposite tower and kill them, they drop symbol of reprisal !!!! :pac: I only had to do that 4 times to get the 10 needed.

Great Magic Barrier should still be accessible if you haven't already finished the game :confused:

Killed me to give the gwyn soul to the altar, that was the last one I needed in terms of miracles.

Edit: Ha look at me all expert now after being a n00b on this very thread a few weeks ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

The dev's seem to have worked in a way to to meet the covenant leveling requirements for people who were playing offline, I didn't do many of the invasions.

Patches sells the eye of death for the gravelord one.

For the dark moon blade one , go to painted world with max item discovery, up the stairs at the start, right up those stairs until you can go up the tower to the left, kill the 2 crows , take out a bow and aggro the 2 on the opposite tower and kill them, they drop symbol of reprisal !!!! :pac: I only had to do that 4 times to get the 10 needed.

Great Magic Barrier should still be accessible if you haven't already finished the game :confused:

Killed me to give the gwyn soul to the altar, that was the last one I needed in terms of miracles.

Edit: Ha look at me all expert now after being a n00b on this very thread a few weeks ago :pac:

Ha yeah I was thinking that the last couple of days reading your posts. You were starting into this about the same time as me, having said that I have 2 young kids and a wife that looks at me llike I am the Capra demon when she walks into the room to see me with my headphones on chewing on my tongue in concentration:o

Excellent, to the painted world. I'm on NG++++ now so gots to be careful. This play-through I've only just beaten O&S so can easily get to ash lake.

What's the gywn soul on the alter. I'm sure I have all other miracles, but don't recall giving away his soul ever. Have few of them now.

Some ****er invaded me while i was trying to kill the last head of the hydra (which in melee is bloody tough). Ran away from me for 5 minutes, till i got sick of him and went back to try finish the Hydra...you can guess what happened then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

What's the gywn soul on the alter. I'm sure I have all other miracles, but don't recall giving away his soul ever. Have few of them now.

By the sunlight altar bonfire where you join the sunlight covenant, Gwynn's soul will give you the sunlight spear miracle.

Sometimes you just get a break in this game, I wanted the dark wood grain ring and I'd left the forest covenant, so back i went to rejoin and then Shiva was back outside figured I'd need to complete another area to get him down to his spot in blighttown as I didn't fancy taking on the whole covenant and was about to turn and go when out of the corner of my eye i saw a glowing yellow orb where his ninja bodyguard should have been, over I go and pick up my ring, no idea what happened to the ninja or how he died, covenant members weren't aggro either :confused:

Sometimes you just get a break in this game, I wanted the dark wood grain ring and I'd left the forest covenant, so back i went to rejoin and then Shiva was back outside figured I'd need to complete another area to get him down to his spot in blighttown as I didn't fancy taking on the whole covenant and was about to turn and go when out of the corner of my eye i saw a glowing yellow orb where his ninja bodyguard should have been, over I go and pick up my ring, no idea what happened to the ninja or how he died, covenant members weren't aggro either :confused:

You didn't find a message on the ground anywhere saying "I can't take this...." ? :P

WOOT! Finally. The Dark Soul. All achievements done on the Xbox360. After quite a few mess ups, mostly because I was stubborn and didn't start reading up until I was on NG++ about it. Very pleased. First game I've gotten all achievements on the 360 on. Last time I did similar was 100%ing GTA III on the PS2. Now just to complete my SL1 run and then I'm ready for Dark Souls II.

Edit: Getting the final achieve pushed me past 10k achievement points, so slightly pleased with that too. :D

WOOT! Finally. The Dark Soul. All achievements done on the Xbox360. After quite a few mess ups, mostly because I was stubborn and didn't start reading up until I was on NG++ about it. Very pleased. First game I've gotten all achievements on the 360 on. Last time I did similar was 100%ing GTA III on the PS2. Now just to complete my SL1 run and then I'm ready for Dark Souls II.

Edit: Getting the final achieve pushed me past 10k achievement points, so slightly pleased with that too. :D

Got it myself last night, very pleased indeed. There were some truly shocking moments at the end of NG+ like where seath sat on me and insta killed me dropping 27 humanity and 700k souls :mad: , had to stay in range of co-op buddy hence me having so many and I fell on the way back down

Now in NG++ and invasions are really coming thick and fast mostly chumps and the odd angry message about me using estus ...... use a humanity chump!!!! :D

One thing though, i though sins got reset in NG? Have a few spirits of vengeance invade :confused:

• Advertisement

One thing though, i though sins got reset in NG? Have a few spirits of vengeance invade :confused:

Yeah I said the same thing on the previous page, had a few invade me as well and couldn't figure out why

I bought Dishonored last week and not had a lot of free time so giving the game a bit of a break for now, I'm about half way through my NG+ though so I'll definitely be going back to it, never got all the achievements on any game before so that'd be a nice way to sign off on it

Advertisement