Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yoga in Galway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

GalwayG wrote: »
    Anyone got information (website / contact number) on hotyoga in galway. Thanks...

www.hotyoga.ie

been doing it for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

What are the price per class??? Nothing on their website about prices

gretta78 wrote: »
    ya hear yee some good spots there.and ya i love hatha yoga but after attending briarhill shopping centre hot yoga i think i`ll definetly be back, just felt sooo good after it and it was so roomy.defo return this week

Who does this yoga?
    I thought there was only one hot yoga studio in galway
    ive been doing the hot yoga for a while.
    how many showers there?
    Only one in the other studio which is a pain at times.
    Is it as good a workout as the hot yoga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GalwayG

click on the Studio link - you'll see the schedule- then click on Rates (bigger text in Red)

chrussell wrote: »
    What are the price per class??? Nothing on their website about prices

15 per class 90 mins
    it's a fantastic workout

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gretta78

yes, its www.galwayhotyoga.ie

great 4 workout n cheaper, plus ya can do d shoppin aswell n dunnes!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GalwayG

gretta78 wrote: »
    yes, its www.galwayhotyoga.ie

great 4 workout n cheaper, plus ya can do d shoppin aswell n dunnes!:)

Hey Gretta, do you teach yoga or work in Dunnes??? Keep up the promotion. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Gretta - no txt speak, last warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭earcandi

Hi, I'm interested in starting yoga (beginners) in Galway City. I've just had a look in the advertiser and there are loads and loads of places offering Yoga classes. To save myself time and money ringing each and enquiring about price and time, and to get some personal feedback, I'd like to ask what are the best and cheapest Yoga classes in Galway?

I'll also post this in the health and fitness section, as it may recieve more responses there.

Merged with the big Yoga thread, hope you find some good suggestions :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gigglyhumour

not a big yoga person, well wasnt as thought it was all posers and easy looking but after tonight i`d have to say its nothing whati imagined.briarhill yoga class was hot and it was really cool after with that lovely long shower..ah next week again, gota not spend too much time on boards, work tmoro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I did the hot yoga with Conor in Briarhill, it was great, I had done yoga before (normal yoga) and didn't like it but really enjoyed this. Had to give it up because of a medical reason but highly recommend it. I sweated out so much!! gross but got rid of bad stuff Im sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

For a yoga class id reccomend kenneth ryan, hes a yogi based out in furbo i think but also teaches classes in town,ive never seen him advertise but he does draw a crowd.

went to some of his classes 2 years ago and found it great physically but mentally also, nothing he was saying but i think more the atmosphere created allowed a self mental approach.

he has learnt his yoga in india over many years

not sure if i should include his number here or how it goes so mods let me know if i should and ill add it or else pm me for it.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

I have been to both the hot yoga studios and find them both ok, the tuam td one is too packed and the briarhill one a bit quiet. The yoga shala above argos does a range of styles and caters for beginners and advanced. I could not recommend it enough, all the teachers are lovely and they all bring a different element to their classes so its never gets boring. Hope you enjoy your yoga wherever you decide to go.

Naste

jmauel wrote: »
    I have been to both the hot yoga studios and find them both ok, the tuam td one is too packed and the briarhill one a bit quiet. The yoga shala above argos does a range of styles and caters for beginners and advanced. I could not recommend it enough, all the teachers are lovely and they all bring a different element to their classes so its never gets boring. Hope you enjoy your yoga wherever you decide to go.

Naste
    I've been to both hot yoga studios also.
    How does this compare to the hot yoga?
    Is it very easy in comparison?
    i find the hot yoga an amazing workout
    can't imagine doing yoga without the heat now
    I'm wasted by the end of the hot yoga class
    but feel fantastic afterwards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

You might like to check out the 6 minute yoga video about the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre in Galway.

If you are impressed after you view it, look at the website under the section 'courses and classes' and then 'what type of yoga is best for me'.

It will give a very good overview on Bikram, Hatha, Kundalini, Ashtanga, Anusara, Iyengar, Satyananda yoga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kICCyVJKeV0

I hope that you enjoy the video.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

burrenyoga I only see you posting to promote your business/site, this is not on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gigglyhumour

nah wasnt too quiet had a nice crowd , though it is a big room , blooming cold this morning when i got up though, gota get off this server or my boss will go nuts:D

burrenyoga wrote: »
    You might like to check out the 6 minute yoga video about the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre in Galway.

If you are impressed after you view it, look at the website under the section 'courses and classes' and then 'what type of yoga is best for me'.

It will give a very good overview on Bikram, Hatha, Kundalini, Ashtanga, Anusara, Iyengar, Satyananda yoga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kICCyVJKeV0

I hope that you enjoy the video.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

A bit expensive for what you're getting imo
    As for the outdoor activities....brrr!...No thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I went to the 8am class this mornnig, I was very impressed overall, the centre has a relexing atmosphere. The teacher was fantastic, she started the class with some gentle stretches and then did a full 90 Bikram class.Her instructions were so clear and suitable for all levels. The room was heated by a stove , which gave out incredible heat that inabled me to go deeper into the postures.The view from the room was lovely too. After class I spoke to several people who were participating in the full weekend of activities, they were kept mentioning the food was so tasty and healthy, they were all clearly delighted to be there as it gave them a chance to get away from their hectic lives and to relax and enjoy all nature and yoga offers.I will be visiting another class very soon and may even request a weekend away voucher from Santa!:)

Hi Niamh:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hi Niamh:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I went to the 8am class this mornnig, I was very impressed overall, the centre has a relexing atmosphere. The teacher was fantastic, she started the class with some gentle stretches and then did a full 90 Bikram class.Her instructions were so clear and suitable for all levels. The room was heated by a stove , which gave out incredible heat that inabled me to go deeper into the postures.The view from the room was lovely too. After class I spoke to several people who were participating in the full weekend of activities, they were kept mentioning the food was so tasty and healthy, they were all clearly delighted to be there as it gave them a chance to get away from their hectic lives and to relax and enjoy all nature and yoga offers.I will be visiting another class very soon and may even request a weekend away voucher from Santa!:)

Hi Niamh,
    I often wonder why you dont do the bikram in galway on a
    daily basis given how well the tuam road studio does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

Hi... I would like to get personal recommendations for this one.

I would like to start yoga in Galway.

The thing is I went to a number of different classes when I was in England, and none of them suited me. They were either run by complete hippies with the incense and candles and all that crack, and usually in horrible little school halls which just didnt help me relax. Or, they were done through gyms and leisure centres, so they had instructors who werent really all that into yoga, and there was no sense of relaxing or mediation, it was a work-out.

So I would like to start going to a proper yoga place, where it is relaxing but the facilities are good (changing rooms or something) and clean. Where would you suggest? I have heard of an Seomra Yoga and the one near Tighe Cholis... does anyone have any personal experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Tawny wrote: »
    Hi... I would like to get personal recommendations for this one.

I would like to start yoga in Galway.

The thing is I went to a number of different classes when I was in England, and none of them suited me. They were either run by complete hippies with the incense and candles and all that crack, and usually in horrible little school halls which just didnt help me relax. Or, they were done through gyms and leisure centres, so they had instructors who werent really all that into yoga, and there was no sense of relaxing or mediation, it was a work-out.

So I would like to start going to a proper yoga place, where it is relaxing but the facilities are good (changing rooms or something) and clean. Where would you suggest? I have heard of an Seomra Yoga and the one near Tighe Cholis... does anyone have any personal experience?

KingFisher in NUIG have it every monday night at 8 O'Clock..I think they are only one class in so far and are doing basics so far. My girlfriend and her friends go. She said it was really nice and she liked it.

Merged with the big Yoga thread, hope you find some good suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A friend of mine went to an ashtanga style class beside Pearse Stadium in Salthill and found it very good, small class, and she said there was a lot of individual attention from the tutor.

She seemed to enjoy it anyway, I can find out the contact number if you like Tawny.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

Does anyone know of classes near roscam or oranmore that are not hot yoga? Id like to go back to it but have moved out to roscam and work on that side too so battling traffic at 6pm to drive into/across town is too much of a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 solid oak

i tried yoga-pilates in NRG bohermore, really good class. Also cardio pilates on a Saturday with Sarah is very good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GalwayGirl23

7pm #

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JayMcD

Hi,

Does anyone know where they do Yoga Classes in Galway City?
    Does anyone recomend a certain place?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

JayMcD wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know where they do Yoga Classes in Galway City?
    Does anyone recomend a certain place?

Thanks

I usually refer patients to the Yoga Shala. They have two studios - one above Argos on the Headford Rd, and a new one in Barna. The instructors are great and really know their stuff.

You can check out their website at http://www.theyogashala.net/

Hope that helps.

Advertisement